ADVERTISEMENT

Are they paying Moorehead enough?

Stop the nonsense. Moorhead is gonna leave if the O continues to thrive. I hope they pay him top Coordinator money, about 2 million. However, with continued success, he will be offered double that and a long term deal at an attractive P5 university. I'm gonna wish he has lots of offers, since that means PSU is killing it. If he leaves, Trace and Tommy will have digested his O and PSU will be better for everything JM has done........and JM will have tons of money and the HC opportunity he deserves. Its going to be alright.

Does Moorehead have any desire to remain at PSU or is his heart set on becoming a HC? If he wants to be a HC he's going t be gone after this year regardless of what we pay him. He isn't going to get the HC job at PSU and his marketability would be at it's peak after two successful years, Barkley, Gesecki, etc. leaving.

Two side thoughts:
  1. The original article indicates that Morehead is an over achiever and that Pry is an under achiever. Would Franklin make a change at DC if the defense doesn't do well this year?
  2. We were told that PSU had a culture problem by placing too much emphasis on football. That's when we had a coach who was paid near the bottom of the B1G and gave a large chunk of it back to the school. Now we hear that PSU got it's priorities straight in spite of huge amounts spent on renovations of football facilities and having the 4th highest paid football coach in the country. Bizarre.

Last edited:
Reactions: ralphster
But of course. Nothing about our culture being depraved ever made sense. Nothing about how the BOT responded ever made sense. Given how Peetz said that the school had to gut the soft underbelly of athletics (her exact phrase, as I recall) and we now pay our coach over $5million/yr and are pouring more and more millions into facilities, makes no sense.

Bizarro world.

Does Moorehead have any desire to remain at PSU or is his heart set on becoming a HC? If he wants to be a HC he's going t be gone after this year regardless of what we pay him. He isn't going to get the HC job at PSU and his marketability would be at it's peak after two successful years, Barkley, Gesecki, etc. leaving.

Two side thoughts:
  1. The original article indicates that Morehead is an over achiever and that Pry is an under achiever. Would Franklin make a change at DC if the defense doesn't do well this year?
  2. We were told that PSU had a culture problem by placing too much emphasis on football. That's when we had a coach who was paid near the bottom of the B1G and gave a large chunk of it back to the school. Now we hear that PSU got it's priorities straight in spite of huge amounts spent on renovations of football facilities and having the 4th highest paid football coach in the country. Bizarre.

MOORHEAD. :eek:

SPELL. OUR. COACHES'. NAMES. CORRECTLY. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: artsandletters
"We were told....." I guess what comes to mind is the old phrase,"consider the source." The best thing I can say about Peetz, Erickson, Suhey, Frazier, Lubert, Joyner etc. is that they are liars. I personally think that is the tip of the iceberg.

I think there is a good chance both jobs in Arizona open next year. I think those are quality jobs and he should consider them. However being an East Coast guy he may not have an interest. It will be interesting to see what develops after the season.

If ND has another sub-par season I bet he'll be in the running for the job and could get it.
That is not gonna happen. The reality is that top assistants take a route similar to Franklin or Urban Meyer. They put in their time at as HC at a low-mid major

I don't get the love for Ricky Rahne. Wasn't he the QB coach for Hack then got demoted down to Tight End coach/Passing game coordinator. Also wasn't impressed when he was OC when we played Florida.

I'd rather have Gattis or a outside hire

That is not gonna happen. The reality is that top assistants take a route similar to Franklin or Urban Meyer. They put in their time at as HC at a low-mid major

I wouldn't expect ND to hire Moorhead pretty much for the same reason. He does, however, have head coaching experience at Fordham. Not Power or Group of 5, but who knows?

I'm not so concerned with how much we are paying Moorhead right now as much as privately wishing he is open to returning to Penn State (as the great Dick Anderson did after getting the HC bug out of his system @ Rutgers) should things not work out at Baylor, Texas Tech or wherever he leaves us for next year or the following year..

Morehead will bolt when TM graduates. Ricky Rahne is being groomed as his replacement although the HC at Fordham has already been groomed![/

Please do not use the word groomed on this board.

I wouldn't expect ND to hire Moorhead pretty much for the same reason. He does, however, have head coaching experience at Fordham. Not Power or Group of 5, but who knows?

Hell, they hired Gerry Faust.

That article is just stupid. First, the first two years for Franklin were about keeping the program together and recruiting for the future. The third year had a lot more talent and depth than previous years, and the team was ahead of schedule. I don't think anyone other than them expected to win the B10 so soon.. Remember how there was not even enough Olinemen the first year. Second, we will never know what the Assistant coaches are being paid unless they decide to tell us. Third, Joe Mo has said money is third on the priority list after personal and professional situations. Fourth, Joe Mo system is great but I think Limegrover deserves a little love with the Oline. Franklin has put together a great staff.

Joe Mo will leave when he gets the right opportunity. It is no secret that he wants to be a head coach, but as shown already, he isn't just going to take just any head coaching job.

Where does this stuff that Franklin was on the hot seat come from? How could he possibly been on the hot seat considering the situation he was in and he won at Vanderbilt. VANDERBILT. They've continued to have tremendous success since he left. These people pay too much attention to Davy Boy Jones.

I love JoMo and his offense. However, what do you think his production would be with Hack at QB and a couple of 2 star converted DTs starting along a terrible offensive line?

Franklin studied what offense he wanted to run for this re-set, based on college football as a whole and the personnel that we had on the roster, strengths and weaknesses. THEN HE WENT OUT AND FOUND THE GUY WHO RAN THE TYPE OF OFFENSE HE WANTED. People act like JoMo is the reason we are having success. If you have great players, honestly, the type of offense you run isn't the top factor for how successful you'll be. Look at the basic, man-ball offense Harbaugh runs with a fullback. They led the Big Ten in scoring last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT