ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone think Miami crazy to give Suh 6yr/114m?

Mister Magoo

Jul 16, 2001
That's qb money. I know the AFC East teams are tired of losing to the Pats every year. 11 out of 12. But, giving a DT qb money ain't a good idea. Tanneyhill is entering the last year of his rookie deal. Don't the good teams just have to double team him with guard and cheap center? Cameron Wake will be happy though.

They lose Odrick who is a pretty good player. I wouldn't mind the Pats signing Odrick to replace Wilfork if they have enough
room under the cap.

The NFL is a Multi-Billion dollar organization! 100 Million is a drop in the bucket, to the higher market teams like the Dolphins!

I mean because of the cap. Not actual $$$

It's not like MLB.

This post was edited on 3/8 8:22 PM by Mister Magoo

One of my first thoughts was "that's QB money!" also.

Also one of my thoughts was "Albert Haynesworth". This contract could work out well I suppose but it could be a killer. Even if he performs great though a contract like that could strap them.

Kind of like the Redskins giving Haynesworth tons of money - this will probably not work out well for the team

On a more serious note............. I do believe, the Dolphins are a pretty talented team, at the moment. I like Ryan Tannehill! I think he's a talented, prototypical, NFL Quarterback.

With that being said, adding a Dominant DT like Suh, to their already, pretty talented roster. In my opinion, will help make the Dolphins a legit contender, overnight!

It's an idiotic move. They'll pay the consequences from the cap hit in other areas of the team and won't recover from this move for years. I wouldn't want to be a Dolphins fan now.

Well these contracts are all about what is guaranteed and what the escape clauses are, if he acts up as usual. It is strange for Miami to take the risk after what they just went through with the hazing stuff. Likely that they were bidding against other crazy teams as well. The question may be who is the craziest?

Its about what is guaranteed. its all funny money otherwise

I don't know the terms but he won't see 114MM

Depends how much the FO values him stepping on and kicking Brady.

You know he's going to do it multiple times.

I wouldn't want him b/c of his lack of sportsmanship

Only a matter of time until he gets suspended for a long time - or hurt b/c offensive linemen take him out.
There probably is a clause in the contract about suspensions.

This post was edited on 3/9 12:06 PM by pittpsu

Re: I wouldn't want him b/c of his lack of sportsmanship

JJ Watt type money for a guy who isn't half the player....wait till this guy sees South Beach

I don't care how much money the NFL makes. The Dolphins operate with the same salary cap as everybody else and that is too much money for a non Quarterback.

As others have said, this just feels like Albert Haynesworth all over again.

He'll see quite a bit of it.

The ESPN crawl said $50,000,000 was guaranteed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT