ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else think this team is 10X better by the bowl game?

psufan9808

Oct 27, 2014
Think about it, most of our better players are young. They will grow during the season more than the seniors. The WRs, DBs, LBs, and Barkley are all very young. Teams loaded with seniors like Temple may have already peaked. I think PSU continues to get better with maybe a couple more setbacks and is playing like a top 20 team come bowl season. Thoughts?

Think about it, most of our better players are young. They will grow during the season more than the seniors. The WRs, DBs, LBs, and Barkley are all very young. Teams loaded with seniors like Temple may have already peaked. I think PSU continues to get better with maybe a couple more setbacks and is playing like a top 20 team come bowl season. Thoughts?
-------
Absolutely. The O line will get better. The LBs , running backs, receivers.......even Hack, in spite of all the experts here, will get much better as he relaxes and gains confidence. Best of all, the offensive scheme and OC are much better and should improve also.

Ain't saying they will 11-2 or even close as the competition will also get better. But 8-4 is very doable, and we should be in every game.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I think many, including me, went off the deep end in terms of how bad we were after the Temple loss. Now it's gone the other way. We looked good against a poor football team. Rutgers will likely finish below .500. We did not beat Michigan State. Let's see how we look in a couple of weeks.

Barring injuries, we should be better, as will our opponents. This week we only need to be better than SDSU. Say what you will about our ups and downs as we navigate our way out of the sanctions era and into the championship ready era but what all of this should have taught us is to not take anything for granted and to enjoy each week!

Reactions: ChiTownLion

Yes, we'll be better. But how much up side does our OL have?? I don't see them performing like they did last night against NW, oh-high-ya, mich, or mich St., for sure. With Hack still struggling (that's my opinion as when you throw WR screens into the turf....), I don't see this offense playing well enough to beat good teams. Our secondary will continue to improve, as well as the LB's as they are young. Our DL is playing well, but well enough to stuff the strong OL's we will face? We'll see.

I pretty much agree with JoePa, and I guess Gambit, in that "You are never as good as you think you are when you win, and you are never as bad as you think you are when you lose"

I think we will get better. The secondary needs to step it up. The offensive line is getting better and Barkley is really good. However, we need to have better pass plays. We need to stretch the field . We have a ton of speed and need to use it.

I'll be happy if we continue to improve each game. The younger guys *should* get better and the line should be better. My two biggest issues right now are offensive play calling and Hack's performance. Hack needs to connect on those gimme passes that often land at the receivers' feet. Having said that, he needs more options and opportunities downfield. I mean, with Godwin, Hamilton, Gesicki, Carter, Lewis, Thompkins, and Blacknall we should be able to more than WR screens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT