ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else get called back to work?

Nittany Security

Mar 4, 2008
I just got a call from my site director informing me to report to work on the 12th. I live in Ohio and we're starting to open up again. Anyone else get the call back?

I just got a call from my site director informing me to report to work on the 12th. I live in Ohio and we're starting to open up again. Anyone else get the call back?

Never stopped ... we are all remote except for a skeleton crew on the networks team. We are all doing zoom and has been nice so far. Only part I miss is some of the office interactions and laughs with friends in the office. When we miss that we just zoom or use a team page and have a video chat for 5 mins. But does sound like businesses are getting ready over the next 2-4 weeks to open back up..Good Luck and be safe going back

Never stopped...been working at home since 3/23. Even though we are an essential business, we have been told to only go to the office when you can't get around it. We're all office people at my location, we have a plant in PA about an hour away that has been operating with about 30% office people at any time and the factory as normal (except for facemasks)

Reactions: Nittany Security
nope- I had a part time driving gig that I really liked, but with the amount of face to face contact that was involved I don't see it coming back anytime soon and I'd need to know what the new procedures will be before I'd go back if called

company i work for is saying plan to go back to office in mid-June. And even then, only 33-50% of office staff back who cannot work from home as effeciently. They said don't expect 100% of the office back until after July 4th holiday.

company i work for is saying plan to go back to office in mid-June. And even then, only 33-50% of office staff back who cannot work from home as effeciently. They said don't expect 100% of the office back until after July 4th holiday.
If you don't mind could you tell me what state you live? I'm trying to get a sense of how decisions are being made across the country.

In SE Michigan, large auto components supplier.
Have two large R&D centers that each hold ~600 employees,
Our labs and test areas opened back up this week.
Everyone else is at home working until most likely July.
In June we will phase office workers back in.
There is actually a 49 point checklist of things that need to be done or in place before we start phasing in workers.
Company will be providing masks, have one way hallways, urinals and sinks shut off, tbd on cafeteria and coffee stations.
We may never go back to 100% working in office. WFH is working for us

There is actually a 49 point checklist of things that need to be done or in place before
Company will be providing masks, have one way hallways, urinals and sinks shut off
What is behind the logic of shutting off sinks? That would almost seem a health code violation.

I see a return to earlier times when office buildings had elevator and washroom attendants

Reactions: Madsol
What is behind the logic of shutting off sinks? That would almost seem a health code violation.

I see a return to earlier times when office buildings had elevator and washroom attendants
sorry that wasn't clear; where there are 3 urinals/sinks next to each other, the middle one will be shut off to ensure distancing while peeing/ washing hands - hopefully this will put an end to the guys who brush their teeth in the bathroom sinks too

Reactions: bison13

I wondered that as well. And maybe it was the way he wrote it, but I thought he wrote that the urinals were shut off too. Neither of those things make sense.

Just curious for those who are getting called back, is your or will your employer provide staff with PPE?

we are an office environment. Employees now onsite and the ones that will come back at some point have full access to masks and gloves. Per Ohio requirements we have created stations with hand sanitizer, gloves, masks and wipes. Of course we have socially distanced our staff too. We take their safety very seriously. The current onsite staff are being paid extra each week they are in the office.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Other than taking 2 weeks to let the dust settle in mid-March we’ve been balls deep since Mar 1

We worked from home throughout this, but are now going back to the office with modifications: we are assigned to one of 3 groups and only 1 group a day is in the office, we have to wear masks in common spaces, no loitering or congregating in common space, disinfect everything daily when we leave, etc.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2

Yep, PA golf courses are now open!!!

That's my job for 3 seasons of the year......

If you don't mind could you tell me what state you live? I'm trying to get a sense of how decisions are being made across the country.

south jersey. but that is a edict from corporate with offices in illinos, california, carolina, ohio. all under same rules, not office specific. hearing same rules as above. no break/lunch room being open. meetings in conference only with minimal people so can sit 6' apart, masks in common areas (but not in own office). temperature taken upon arrival to office. spacing out people in the cube areas such that they are as far apart as possible.

Reactions: Nittany Security
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT