ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone at the beach today?

I was jogging a couple weeks ago and there was a young woman, prob in her 20s, wearing a Pitt shirt and walking a dog. I said “boo Pitt” in a friendly way as I passed her. Boyfriend or husband was walking second dog behind her and got all upset “what did you say to her?!??” SMH

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

I don't know what his deal is with everything Penn State. If I were to guess, I'd say Cael and staff didn't show his boy as much love as he expected during the recruiting process. When he went on HR and accused PSU of having a racist culture with nothing to explain his opinion... I srarted taking him for a pos like so many others over there.
From what I heard from someone pretty close he’s a reason Gabe wasn’t recruited much. Cael doesn’t want people like that around the program. Family is a big factor to Cael too

I just remembered another came from out of nowhere Penn State experience. I was walking up to the entrance doors of the ASU main arena to see the first round of the Pac 12 tournament in 2016. I was also wearing a Penn State sweatshirt that day since I didn’t have an allegiance to any particular Pac 12 team. Someone yelled “Hey Penn State!” from about 20 feet away. I looked over and it was none other than Greg Strobel - the Lehigh coach! I recognized him right away and asked why he was at the Pac 12 tournament. He was there for an award ceremony to the all time Pac 12 wrestling team that included him, Stephan Neal, Les Gutches, Larry Owings and a bunch of other well known names.

As I was getting out of my car in Cape Henlopen, a guy gave me a “we are”. This is not unusual as there are a ton of Penn Staters in DE. However, when he mentioned how good the wrestling team was, I was a bit surprised. Not the sport normally mentioned to a lady and her daughter. I said, yes they’re incredible! We didn’t talk more as he was leaving and my arms were full of beach paraphernalia. As I sat on the beach, I started wondering if he was one of this board’s posters? So, was it any of you guys? And if not, where is the craziest place you have run into Penn Staters?
I was on a bus in Dubrovnik, Croatia 4 years ago. A guy across the isle says to me he once knew a guy who went to PSU 50+ years ago. It turned out to be my Sigma Chi roommate in 1967.

My niece and her husband Paul from New Hampshire, joined us at Rehoboth for a family vacation. On a cool evening I loaned Paul my PSU jacket. A couple walks by and says " We are"! Paul looking stunned says " We are what"? I explained it to him about PSU and We are as we were all laughing. Good memorable story for our family!
If you are going to wear another college tee shirt it's always good to know some of their history. My niece did internship at Ole Miss and she sent me a few Ole Miss tee shirts. One night after getting off work I stopped at a Walmart and on the way in this guy is coming towards me and says Hotty Toddy. I know I gave him a WTF look and again he says Hotty Toddy. At this point I'm thinking something is wrong with this guy and he points toward me and says "your shirt". Next morning I called my niece and we both had a good laugh.

Last edited:
If you are going to wear another college tee shirt it's always good to know some of their history. My niece did iternship at Ole Miss and she sent me a few Ole Miss tee shirts. One night after getting off work I stopped at a Walmart and on the way in this guy is coming towards me and says Hotty Toddy. I know I gave him a WTF look and again he says Hotty Toddy. At this point I'm thinking somethings wrong with this guy and he points toward me and says "your shirt". Next morning I called my niece and we both had a good laugh.

I bought a Longhorns shirt before a game in Austin (when in Rome) on a business trip. I get a surprising amount of "hook 'em horns" wherever I wear it.

Reactions: danoftw
Lol

Did you friendly argue with me about the Nolf v Hidlay semifinals match? Insisting Hidlay would have won had it been ref’d correctly?
no that would not have been me. what a small world though

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT