ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Shelton suspended for Minnesota

i think it is setting a fine example. Either you have rules and live by them or you don't. If you want to be a fan who only cares about winning.....enjoy the NFL. I applaud Coach Franklin. Spitting at/on another person is a vile disgusting act.

I have a feeling AShelton may have already been on a shorter leash than most of the squad
Not that you're incorrect, but CJF just said last week he wishes more guys were like 55 in the sense he comes to his office to talk often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkies
Holy moly, this is big and will hurt us. In his last press conference Franklin claimed he was "old school" in terms of expectations of behavior, so I guess this proves his point - for good or ill. The margin for error in performance was small with all hands on deck for this game, and it just got smaller. Let's hope next man up on the depth chart steps up in a big way.

Holy moly, this is big and will hurt us. In his last press conference Franklin claimed he was "old school" in terms of expectations of behavior, so I guess this proves his point - for good or ill. The margin for error in performance was small with all hands on deck for this game, and it just got smaller. Let's hope next man up on the depth chart steps up in a big way.
That would be Damian Barber and Judge Culpepper. Next men up. Opportunity for them to shine.

Reactions: cment and djr4rebs
Admittedly, I am not privy to the process in D1 football. However, even in high school, if a player is ejected a report is sent to the league office.
NYSPHSAA requires an athlete ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct to be suspended for the next contest. I'd be surprised if the PIAA does not have a similar policy. My guess is that a report was filed by the officiating crew, as required to the Big Ten.
If you don't discipline a player for attempting to spit on an opponent and being ejected....where do you draw the line?

Minnesota may be a better squad - with a way better run game - than some are giving them credit for.
They have a freshman RB from Williamsport HS that is just starting to get carries. I don't know about the starter, but they are going to have some major challenges running the ball I think.

When the B10 (or the NCAA) suspends a player, they announce it.
In fact, the B10 announced that a kid from UNL got suspended by the B10 just a couple weeks ago for bad behavior in the OSU game.
I didn't mean to contend that he was suspended by the league. However, a report was required and sent by the officials. Most leagues would expect an institution to then "do the right thing."

Their starter is a beast (Smith) who has seemingly been their for 17 years...... and the back up is pretty good too (Ibrahim, the kid from Maryland)......
And their OLine has been playing better and better (and is HUGE. HUGE as in “makes the Wisconsin line look small”)
If they can throw the ball down the field, I'll believe they can run the ball against PSU. Until then.....

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
You're still here? lol Student loan payment is coming due sPitter. Get it up!

Somehow you decided to try to attack me by criticizing those people that have student loans (which I am not one of) which just speaks volumes about you but if that's the best you got then it's the best you got.

Somehow you decided to try to attack me by criticizing those people that have student loans (which I am not one of) which just speaks volumes about you but if that's the best you got then it's the best you got.
See - I'd love to take you at your word and believe every word you type. But I'm not a f***ing idiot, so I won't. Get it? Got it? GTFO.

Any chance we bust out some 4-4 against those early down run looks? With the bye week, be a solid time to install it.

This was a PSU decision.

"The Big Ten has issued a public reprimand for Shelton and "also supports Penn State’s one-game suspension of Shelton for his actions" in a release."

The B1G had better "support PSU" by sending an unbiased officiating crew.

Call me cynical or call me unethical, but there is nothing favorable for the B1G by having Minnesota beat PSU.

Minny has had a nice season, but there is more at stake ($$$$$$$$) for the B1G by having PSU and O$U both 10-0 on "The Saturday Before the B1G Game"

Last edited:
Absolutely the right call by JF, which sends the right message. The emotions of the game are one thing, but there are some lines you can't be allowed to cross. Spitting in a guy's face is one of them.

Antonio is a darn good player who you'd like to have on the field against Minnesota. But he's not gonna be the difference between winning and losing the game.

What Shelton did could hardly be (accurately) described as “spitting in a guy’s face”.
I agree, but it's up to the B1G to co-support Franklin's interjection of disciplinary sportsmanship. In the end, it serves their economic cause as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT