ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Long article and video

Another one of those "this is why we hate Cael" posts.
HR is drooling and squealing already!

Surprised? I'm sure Amalone is wrecked right now.
Not wrecked, nor would I ever. Wrecked is the feeling you feel when the Iowa Hawkeyes... underachieve yet again at Nationals while Cael and team start their championship run in your back yard. Know the difference WildThing.

I'm curious as is the collegiate wrestling community is... as to what he did to get in trouble again to warrant such a response when the season is almost over.

Andy Hamilton (@Andy_Hamilton)
2/29/16, 3:46 PM
Andrew Long violated the terms of his pact with Grand View and has been dismissed from the Vikings wrestling program.

2/29/16, 3:49 PM
1) Grand View coach Nick Mitchell on Long: “He violated his contract and basically it’s a situation where if it were a normal student..."

2/29/16, 3:51 PM
2) Mitchell continued: "it probably wouldn’t have been a big deal, probably nothing that he even would’ve been reprimanded for..."

Or instead of totally wasting your time, write a letter to the sentencing judge.
If you don't believe in the power of prayer, that is your deal. But some people on this board do. Instead of taking a swipe at them, post something that isn't offensive. You went too far this time.

Last edited:
Or instead of totally wasting your time, write a letter to the sentencing judge.

I guess we know who won't be on Jammenz FB wall
Chain+Letter+1.png

I don't waste prayers on sex offenders. I Pray for the victims.

geez. Short of locking these individuals away and throwing away the key or taking them out of the gene pool, prayer ranks up there for me.

As big as the world is, in only a few seconds it can get very small.

Reactions: papa_ed and therod
Andrew has to step up and just accept he is a alkie and go to AA and work the steps. Also get a good sponsor that will and can be with him at any time nite and day . Yes it can be done with honestly,hard work.There is no cure just have to not take that first drink. Even with my 38 years of soberity I'm no better than Andrew because I'm one drink away from a drunk. Pray for him to help himself.

Minnhawk, you seem to understand and appreciate that there are those who have addictions and conditions that are bigger than what they can handle by themselves. It is up to the rest of us to try to help them in their lost worlds.

Minnhawk, you seem to understand and appreciate that there are those who have addictions and conditions that are bigger than what they can handle by themselves. It is up to the rest of us to try to help them in their lost worlds.

I have been around addiction as well and there are those that will continue to take the help and tend to continually screw the ones helping them. Many times, they need to hit rock bottom and either die or get to l-i-v-i-n. I don't know if this applies to Long but he has had plenty of chances and folks extending the hand to him and believing in him. There is no doubt that it was because of his skills as a wrestler. Looked like he was going to make it. I think folks are harsh on him, especially in the wrestling world, because he has pissed away that kind of talent when most of us were not close to being that good. One has to wonder if wrestling (and the pressure that can be caused by expectations) could be a trigger.

Reactions: therod
I have been around addiction as well and there are those that will continue to take the help and tend to continually screw the ones helping them. Many times, they need to hit rock bottom and either die or get to l-i-v-i-n. I don't know if this applies to Long but he has had plenty of chances and folks extending the hand to him and believing in him. There is no doubt that it was because of his skills as a wrestler. Looked like he was going to make it. I think folks are harsh on him, especially in the wrestling world, because he has pissed away that kind of talent when most of us were not close to being that good. One has to wonder if wrestling (and the pressure that can be caused by expectations) could be a trigger.
Most of us would consider prison to be rock bottom. Without minimizing the struggle that is alcoholism: even incarceration + lifetime sex offender registry weren't enough for him to fully commit to the lifelong changes he needs to make.

May he figure it out before he lands back in jail -- or worse.

Jammenz,

About 2 years ago, one of the members of our church was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. The chemotherapy had stopped working and the doctors were out of options. They told him that he did not have much longer to live and to arrange for hospice treatment. At this point his only hope was prayer, and both he and members of the church prayed for him quite often. And guess what? He went into a complete remission, and no trace of cancer was found in his body. The doctors were at a complete loss for a medical explanation of what happened. However, I'm sure that with your superior knowledge, you can easily explain this to all of us.

Seems to me that prayer was not a waste of time after all, unlike spending time rooting for a team that has zero chance at winning a Big Ten or National title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT