ADVERTISEMENT

Andre Robinson to transfer

not a surprise. Sanders/Slade/Brown next year. depth a concern

I was expecting possibly Allen to leave and pass up his RS Sr year, but maybe he comes back with Robinson leaving. Pretty risky going into a season with only 3 scholarship RB's

Reactions: stormingnorm
He's in a similar situation to Akeel Lynch after Barkley's freshman year. I wish Andre well at his next school.[/QUOT
I think Andre hasvtwongood years of college football ahead of him. He seems like a better fit for a more traditional running game type of offense, such as the tyoe Standord runs. This kid is strong, has very goid speed/quickness and excelkent hands. He runs with authority between the tackkes. Seems the RPO is not a goid fit for him.
Any speculation on where he will end up? I'm assuming PITT transfer is not allowed. Maybe a team like Virginia Tech would be a good fit for his style of running.
Does this affect the attitude of the Harrusburg kids we're recruiting? Hope not.

Do we expect Jonathan Thomas and Mark Allen back next season? We've heard positive reviews on Journey Brown. And Slade is an unknown quantity at this point. If MA leaves this position group will be thin on experience.

Not surprised but this sucks. I think he can be a stud

Best of luck to him

His girlfriend goes to West Chester so look for Andre to be somewhere near Philadelphia.

Reactions: royboy
Not surprised but this sucks. I think he can be a stud

Best of luck to him
Agree. Any idea where he is headed?

Wouldn't be the worst move to step down to an FCS school and not have to sit out a year.

**edit to note....thanks to Agoodnap's post above.

Do we expect Jonathan Thomas and Mark Allen back next season? We've heard positive reviews on Journey Brown. And Slade is an unknown quantity at this point. If MA leaves this position group will be thin on experience.
I don't know why Allen would come back. He has shown that he can block and be a productive runner in limited action. Considering Thomas hasn't played at all, except a few times a couple of years ago, if he wants to play, I think he will have to go elsewhere as well.

I think Andre is a good back and will do well. He has speed to run on the outside and toughness to break tackles in the inside. I would have liked to have seen more of him, but obviously Franklin doesn't believe in running back by committee.

The baton has now passed to Miles.

Many inside the program Ive heard felt he just wasn't improving and was too slow for the offense. I always like Andre personally, his stocky build, little power house I thought could be good to go with speed of Miles and Slade, give them two types of runners. But I guess he was buried on the chart and wasn't going to compete for carries really at all. Which means expect Slade to play and I think Journey Brown has been more impressive than we all know.

Brown and Slade are both pretty unknown at this point (to us that is). But is you watch Slade's highlight film its pretty obvious why he is considered a top 5 RB recruit. And there have been a few positive reports on Brown that have leaked out as well. We seem to be in as good of shape at RB as could be expected, if in deed SB starts playing on Sundays. I just don't believe CJF will go into 2018 with only 3 scholarship RB's...... however his roster management may resolve that, I may not know for a while.....

Barbir is also leaving. The writing was on the wall when we offered Pinegar. We're now down to 67 eligible to return next year. Barkley won't return so make it 66. Six more will have to go if we are going to sign 25.

I'm guessing at least 3 of these 5:

Parsons
Smith
Oweh
Walker
Enis

BTW it now looks like Gillikin or Pinegar will be our place kicker next year. Gillikin kicked a 53 yard FG in high school.

BTW it now looks like Gillikin or Pinegar will be our place kicker next year. Gillikin kicked a 53 yard FG in high school.
Yeah we sat behind Gilikin's mom at the HUB watching the NW game (I think it was against Iowa) before the Michigan game and we talked about this a little bit. She said Blake did the place kicking in high school but when he got to PSU, the coaches wanted him to concentrate on his punting and we already had a tried place kicker. But she indicated ther might be a possibility of Blake also place kicking next year.

Reactions: bdgan and royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT