ADVERTISEMENT

Althons predicts Duke Mayo Bowl

Now you are just backtracking. You lied. Deal with it.

He didn't lie. He mocked you. You post highly absurd stuff. I wouldn't be shocked if you did write it, and essentially you have written things very similar.

You don't come into '14 with 7 scholarship OL and then claim the previous guy navigated sanctions. Bob didn't have a losing season. That's about as navigating as he did.

I'm still waiting on the PFF breakdown or film where our OL was great man blockers forces to do a scheme they weren't recruited for. You say that quite often but never bring us any pbp breakdown or anything to support it.

Althons for decades..
60s 70s 80s and 90's under estimated all eastern football teams and had the most embarrassing bowl game predictions throughout that 40 year period...

I wrote them off strictly based on their poor performance.

He didn't lie. He mocked you. You post highly absurd stuff. I wouldn't be shocked if you did write it, and essentially you have written things very similar.

You don't come into '14 with 7 scholarship OL and then claim the previous guy navigated sanctions. Bob didn't have a losing season. That's about as navigating as he did.

I'm still waiting on the PFF breakdown or film where our OL was great man blockers forces to do a scheme they weren't recruited for. You say that quite often but never bring us any pbp breakdown or anything to support it.
I say it because it is 100% verifiable is you actually know anything about football and watch the film. Go ahead. I am right, deal with it. And yes he did lie, he implied I said something I didn't say. Never mind the fact Joe (and OB) were better recruiters than Franklin.

I say it because it is 100% verifiable is you actually know anything about football and watch the film. Go ahead. I am right, deal with it. And yes he did lie, he implied I said something I didn't say. Never mind the fact Joe (and OB) were better recruiters than Franklin.
Verify everything you said.

NFL picks don't support you. Recruiting sites don't. You have no film to present. At least, none I have ever seen shared.

As far as I'm concerned, you are 99.87% wrong on everything you have ever typed on this site. 🙃

Verify everything you said.

NFL picks don't support you. Recruiting sites don't. You have no film to present. At least, none I have ever seen shared.

As far as I'm concerned, you are 99.87% wrong on everything you have ever typed on this site. 🙃
Except for the undeniable fact that I am batting about .850 during the Franklin era and all the film supports my statement. Go watch the film game by game and prove I am wrong. Watch 20 plays per game. The ones that actually work as designed almost always feature man blocking. It is clear as day if you know anything about football .

Duke's Real Smooth & Creamy Mayonnaise 32oz​

product image 1 of 6 slides

Cheap crap.
That’s the shortest post I’ve ever seen from you by like 1,000 words.

Except for the undeniable fact that I am batting about .850 during the Franklin era and all the film supports my statement. Go watch the film game by game and prove I am wrong. Watch 20 plays per game. The ones that actually work as designed almost always feature man blocking. It is clear as day if you know anything about football .

Bring proof. Show your work.

.850 in your head.

Still waiting. Bring me some film. I'll watch it.

Reactions: marshall23
BS. The only game his injury impacted was Illinois. He was close to 100% against Michigan and Michigan State. People can stick their heads in the sand all they want, last year's team has several fatal flaws. We are lucky Wisconsin and Auburn did more to lose those games than we did to win because we are far closer to a 5 and 7 also ran than a 11 and 1 team.
His injury didn't impact the Iowa game? Now that is just silly. Am I a liar as well?

Reactions: marshall23
His injury didn't impact the Iowa game? Now that is just silly. Am I a liar as well?

He's going to tell you no. He's going to tell you that Iowa turned the momentum over when they were down 17-3 and being outgained 200 to 60 (I don't have the numbers on me but I've pulled them before).

All because Iowa scored on the next drive after Clifford got hurt, they had all the momentum. All because one blitz worked.

That guy has been crying about Penn State football on these boards for over 20 years. Same act, never changes.
I remember reading it somewhere between '02 and '06 the first time. I don't think he's ever shared a thought on anything that's ever happened beyond those 3 criteria.

You are lying when you say Franklin wasn't impacted by sanctions so maybe call it even?
I am sorry you thought I lied. For someone so smart you must not have seen the sarcasm.
And what is your research on why Joe and ob were better recruiters.

And what is your research on why Joe and ob were better recruiters.

He has none, other than his opinion.

Recruiting sites would definitely rank JF and JoePa over Bob, but he's not into them.

He won't cite NFL draft picks either. He's once tried to credit BOB for Saquon, which is far from true. I've not looked but JF probably leads that metric if you rate tenure vs BOBs vs Joe's last 8 seasons.

He has none, other than his opinion.

Recruiting sites would definitely rank JF and JoePa over Bob, but he's not into them.

He won't cite NFL draft picks either. He's once tried to credit BOB for Saquon, which is far from true. I've not looked but JF probably leads that metric if you rate tenure vs BOBs vs Joe's last 8 seasons.
Internet couch coach Wally....the closest he ever got to a football was when he captained the shadow boxing team at the all girls high school he attended.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
"if you know anything about football...." Don't insult people that actually played and or coached the game. You are a 100% charlatan.

I am not the one with the problem, people like you are. You don't like what I have to say, can't argue, debate or counter so you insult or change the subject. Pretty typical actually.
It's not what you say I don't like Wally.....it's you.

Last edited:
Internet couch coach Wally....the closest he ever got to a football was when he captained the shadow boxing team at the all girls high school he attended.
Now I feel better cause this whole time I thought I offended someone that people actually cared about.

How low can Psu football go? Use to be top 5 in the country now we are playing for peanuts, thanks James you are doing a great job

While it would be great for us to be in the CFP, most years I would love the Duke's Mayo Bowl since I live down here in NC. However, this year we will be in Hawaii at that time.
I selfishly think the same way about the Cotton Bowl and any Bowls in the Dallas Area. Heck I was praying for TCU to get an invite to the B1G as well.

So let me get this straight.....

When Penn State wins games it is because the other team lost the game and we got lucky and when Penn State loses a game it is because they have fatal flaws? Gotcha ya.

Go watch the Auburn game man.....Clifford was as good as it gets and led the team to a win against an SEC Team.

And....he was nowhere near 100% the rest of the year after the Iowa Injury. It changed the game plan and it changed his ability to run the football effectively.
As the HC at a “premier program”, isn’t his responsibility to have a backup QB ready to at least take a snap?

As the HC at a “premier program”, isn’t his responsibility to have a backup QB ready to at least take a snap?
A head coach responsible for having his team prepared? Nah, not his fault. COVID, phase of the moon, tide levels, you know, stuff like that is what caused such a dismal display of failure. James Franklin is totally without fault. Look for a repeat this season probably due to wind shear and Brownian motion, or recent weather patterns in Hawaii.

Nothing negative happens due to Franklin, he's without sin.

You are just not a real fan to be asking a silly question like that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Delcolion915
A head coach responsible for having his team prepared? Nah, not his fault. COVID, phase of the moon, tide levels, you know, stuff like that is what caused such a dismal display of failure. James Franklin is totally without fault. Look for a repeat this season probably due to wind shear and Brownian motion, or recent weather patterns in Hawaii.

Nothing negative happens due to Franklin, he's without sin.

You are just not a real fan to be asking a silly question like that.
10 more years....thank the Lord.....10 more years.

Ouu ya. C any

Can’t make chicken salad out of chicken crap. Pre portal and Levis doesn’t leave
That doesn’t change the fact that his backup QB wasn’t ready. Obviously CJF wasn’t a Boy Scout because CJF himself wasn’t ready for Clifford to go down and it’s his job to be ready.

Reactions: Delcolion915
There are going to be a lot of unhappy people if we finish 7-6 or worse.

I think the Purdue game is critical to having a good season. PSU simply can't afford to lose to teams like Purdue when they have so many stronger teams ahead of them
They can't, but they will. Have zero confidence they win at Purdue and will not be surprised if they look unprepared in the process. 7 wins is the ceiling for this team IF things go well.

10 more years....thank the Lord.....10 more years.
Yes indeed…thank the good Lord that Penn State does not hold their staff accountable…in fact, they are rewarded with raises…sounds like a recipe for success if I ever heard one…

They can't, but they will. Have zero confidence they win at Purdue and will not be surprised if they look unprepared in the process. 7 wins is the ceiling for this team IF things go well.
I will bet you PSU football wins 7 games.

Yes indeed…thank the good Lord that Penn State does not hold their staff accountable…in fact, they are rewarded with raises…sounds like a recipe for success if I ever heard one…
10 more years to enjoy the whining, bitching and moaning.....everyday is like reading the Sunday comic section!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT