ADVERTISEMENT

Alright, let's have at it. Best Hot-Dog list in every state!! Dig in folks!!!

nyc-hot-dog-cart.jpg

Hiram's in NJ? Author is an idiot. The true home of "The Ripper" (come to think of it, maybe that guy was confused between cause and effect) and the best hot dog in NJ is Rutt's Hut in Clifton.

Jim's Skyline Drive, West Mifflin. Foot longs the house specialty, all food cooked to order.

The Coney Grill and Sam's in McKeesport were good, but closed. "Chef" HeyHaugh pronounced Haughey (HawHee) moved onto better things. Best death rods in Pgh.

The Red Caboose a close third.

cbk

Last edited:
Been to Red's huh? Btw, there are many dogs and papaya all over NYC. Just not as prevalent as they used to be.

Ayuh, on a few occasions. Wife and I once had a contest to see which would happen faster, getting served at Red's or crossing the Davey Bridge (by car, crossing the bridge by foot would take far less time than getting served).

Reactions: Nitt1300
Ayuh, on a few occasions. Wife and I once had a contest to see which would happen faster, getting served at Red's or crossing the Davey Bridge (by car, crossing the bridge by foot would take far less time than getting served).
you have to hit Red's on a weekday- otherwise the wait isn't worth it
there are lots of good places for a lobster roll

Reactions: Pocono Lion
Long gone but it was Coney Island in Braddock right near the gate to the ET works. I was working at Cochran Pontiac in North Braddock while in high school. Six dogs for a buck and I can still taste them. Also loved Pop's Mexi hots on college avenue in the late 60's. I hear there is a restaurant somewhere in State College that has the recipe

Jim's Skyline Drive, West Mifflin. Foot longs the house specialty, all food cooked to order.

The Coney Grill and Sam's in McKeesport were good, but closed. "Chef" HeyHaugh pronounced Haughey (HawHee) moved onto better things. Best death rods in Pgh.

The Red Caboose a close third.

cbk
How in the world can "HeyHaugh" be pronounced "HawHee"?

Reactions: boddyebsen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT