ADVERTISEMENT

All of you Chambers haters, I’m calling you out!

Can we revisit this thread please? With all due respect this team should have a 5 game losing streak right now. The tale of two coaches last night on full display. Izzo (and Paterno coached this way as well) figuring things out as the season goes along getting better and better; not near their peak. Chambers team with the most talent in his 9 years cannot play 40 minutes of basketball.
1999 ended in a three game losing streak.

Chambers' has this. :rolleyes: Unfortunately team is showing the things that have always been hair pulling under Chambers. If this team wins more than a game in the B1G and in the NCAA I will be surprised. :(

Watching this team is like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.

Definitely frustrating to watch. I think I'm done for this season.

OK? You're point?
I wouldn’t say Paterno was consistent in getting his teams better throughout the year. That’s why he had such a poor record against Iowa, OSU and Mich. Your comparison of Paterno and Izzo is not valid.

I wouldn’t say Paterno was consistent in getting his teams better throughout the year. That’s why he had such a poor record against Iowa, OSU and Mich. Your comparison of Paterno and Izzo is not valid.
Considering the three coaches,
Paterno and Izzo is the comparison you’re taking issue with?

Chambers needs good O and D Coordinators.....let him do all his ra-ra stuff but he needs someone that can run an offense that isn't fire shot after shot, and someone that can teach a defense to keep the other offense from getting to the rim.

Until the end of his coaching, that was something you could always count on.
I’m talking about the first what 35 years or so, they always seemed to improve as the year went along.

The team still has had rptheir best season in decades. Yes, Chambers has still proven that he is a worthy steward for Penn State’s men’s basketball program.

Be man or women enough to admit that you were wrong about Chambers. I’m not saying he’s John Wooden or Bobby Knight, but he has this program at a level that we rarely have been. This was there to see if you looked hard enough, but I don’t blame you for just looking at win/loss totals. It’s time to applaud Chambers and give him the credit he is due.

All of you Chambers lovers, I’m calling you out!

I believe most here don't love or hate Pat, but instead are looking for PSU to find a coach that can take PSU to the NCAA at least every other year. like many mid-level Big10 teams seem to do.

Chambers had his best roster that he has ever assembled, and his game day coaching once again exposed him for the non-power5 level game coach that he is. :(

Enjoy the NCAA bid, and go to the game so you have more positive things to remember about Pat and his teams. If Pat takes another team to the NCAA in the next couple of years I will be surprised. But I was surprised when this team ran of those 8 or whatever B10 wins so I won't bet against it either...;)

Are you really this stupid??

Stupid because I used football terms or stupid for another reason? If for another reason then probably. If for football terms then look at the whole picture. PC does a nice job at recruiting and the climbing the mountain type stuff. His in game strategies are horrible. One pass offense and a defense that can't stop anyone from getting to the rim. I know nothing about his assistant coaches but what PC needs to do is surround himself with some game planners and let them do what they need to do.....ever hear PC in the huddle? He is always the "we need to play harder, etc....." at some point he needs to let others be the x and o guys.

PS, about calling them coordinators....I heard it a few years back when some nba team was searching for a coach. Im not smart enough to come up with that on my own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT