ADVERTISEMENT

Alert - Judge Foradora's opinion will be posted at 12 noon this Wednesday

The original GJP was held until "409" was secured.

Sure... they leaked the a GJP filled with falsehoods, but they held the official release until the man who did nothing wrong achieved a record, but then they threw him under the bus to cover for their own failings.

Do you think before you post? What's next, are you going to say that the reason they had 3 grand juries was to wait until "409" was secured?

Sure... they leaked the a GJP filled with falsehoods, but they held the official release until the man who did nothing wrong achieved a record, but then they threw him under the bus to cover for their own failings.

Do you think before you post? What's next, are you going to say that the reason they had 3 grand juries was to wait until "409" was secured?
Not sure about the 3 GJ's that Corbutt slow walked, but the "computer glitch leak" did occur on a bye week immediately after JVP secured 409. What better way to get maximum tie in to Penn State than to capitalize on the publicity engendered by 409.

I’m guessing we don’t hear an opinion tomorrow at High Noon unless this Judge just wants to punt this thing up-Court.

You honestly think it was a coincidence it got leaked right after he got win #409?

You saw the reaction when Joe was fired after 409. Can you imagine what would have happened if he was fired a couple wins shy?

You honestly think it was a coincidence it got leaked right after he got win #409?

You saw the reaction when Joe was fired after 409. Can you imagine what would have happened if he was fired a couple wins shy?

You honestly think they leaked the a GJP filled with falsehoods, but they held the official release until the man who did nothing wrong achieved a record, but then they threw him under the bus to cover for their own failings.

What's next, are you going to say that the reason they had 3 grand juries was to wait until "409" was secured?

Reactions: denniskembala
You honestly think they leaked the a GJP filled with falsehoods, but they held the official release until the man who did nothing wrong achieved a record, but then they threw him under the bus to cover for their own failings.

What's next, are you going to say that the reason they had 3 grand juries was to wait until "409" was secured?

Except even the leak was after 409

Except even the leak was after 409

What about the second part of my post? Did they keep on having grand juries, not finding them credible until Joe got his wins? I understand that you're not answering this question, because it renders the timing of the leak moot. So you might as well just skip to name calling.

Also, why do a favor for the man you are about to destroy?

Sure thing. It wasn't a coincidence it was leaked after 409.

Waiting until after 409 made things go smoother than they would have had it been leaked with him a couple of wins away and games left on the schedule.

It wasn't about Joe getting a record for them. It was them not wanting to deal with the blowback of keeping him from it when it was right there.

Waiting until after 409 made things go smoother than they would have had it been leaked with him a couple of wins away and games left on the schedule.

It wasn't about Joe getting a record for them. It was them not wanting to deal with the blowback of keeping him from it when it was right there.

And even then, the OAG strongly made the point that Joe's actions were not in question, he wasn't a suspect/person of interest, etc... They did NOT say that about Spanier.

Short of giving Jerry a free hall pass, I don't see how they (OAG) could have made it more clear...

I am confused - what was the significance of 409? Was there a record that he barely broke? Maybe - I know it wasn’t winningest coach because that was Bowden a couple of years previous. Was 409 a milestone as well?

I am confused - what was the significance of 409? Was there a record that he barely broke? Maybe - I know it wasn’t winningest coach because that was Bowden a couple of years previous. Was 409 a milestone as well?

You might be being sarcastic, but anyway, it's the Div 1 record. (Including Div1-A & AA). Eddie Robinson had previously held it with 408 wins in Div 1-AA.

(Now these are FBS & FCS divisions)

[Bowden ended with 377, with 12 vacated wins. Unofficially then his total was 389]

He had signed an endorsement deal with the cleaning product.:)

I suspect that if the release and arrests were scheduled intentionally for the bye week, it would have had much more to do with doing everything on a weekend with no home game taking place, no crowds of fans in town that weekend, and everyone related with PSU being in State College and not out on the road for an away game, than it having anything to do with 409. If my suspicion is right, it would have happened over the bye week even if we had lost to Illinois the week before and Joe was still at 408.

I suspect that if the release and arrests were scheduled intentionally for the bye week, it would have had much more to do with doing everything on a weekend with no home game taking place, no crowds of fans in town that weekend, and everyone related with PSU being in State College and not out on the road for an away game, than it having anything to do with 409. If my suspicion is right, it would have happened over the bye week even if we had lost to Illinois the week before and Joe was still at 408.

Maybe so ... but the judge today made a good point. Fina asked for external assistance from the Judicial Review Board to find the leaker... Which this Judge found to be a fairly decent indication that the leak didn't come from the OAG.

That's to the leak timing.

Your point may be right in general about the official release being that week, whatever had happened on the field the week prior. Nonetheless, Joe would have been at least tied for the record (408) at that point, all in Div-1.

But the real deal is that real world issues, whether #409 #408 or bye week, they really did enter the equation of when this all went down. An earlier poster tried to make the case that none of this football stuff stuff enters in.

So the first two grand juries were all in on this... putting things off until after 409... got it!

So the first two grand juries were all in on this... putting things off until after 409... got it!
Obviously not. You're being ridiculous about this.

When it was eminent I think they absolutely weighed the reaction to preventing him getting 409 vs waiting until after he got it. What kind of conspiracy would it be if they hadn't?

Obviously not. You're being ridiculous about this.

When it was eminent I think they absolutely weighed the reaction to preventing him getting 409 vs waiting until after he got it. What kind of conspiracy would it be if they hadn't?

Wow… Well you're certainly entitled to believe whatever you want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT