ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama looking extremely beatable again- to a really bad Auburn team this time....

That was the worst implosion of a finish by any team I’ve seen in a long, long time. Good Lord, Auburn choked big time. 4th and a country mile. They drop 8 and still give up an easy TD catch, then almost a safety, followed by a pick 6. All in like 30 seconds.

Should have been a 4 point win, ended in a 9 point loss in a matter of seconds.

That loss is completely on Freeze - rushing 3 and giving Milroe an eternity to throw the best opportunity Hail-Mary into endzone was beyond stupid. You rush 5 and force him to throw the ball before he wants to throw it - you don't give him an eternity and let every Bama eligible receiver run around the endzone looking for free space.

Given the subjective nature of the poll voters and the fact that AL is the SEC, AL will probably jump OSU in the polls.

Reactions: summitlion1
Given the subjective nature of the poll voters and the fact that AL is the SEC, AL will probably jump OSU in the polls.
I was thinking that if Bama had lost, PSU might have jumped them, but that probably wouldn’t have happened because of what you said.

Reactions: GSPMax
That was the worst implosion of a finish by any team I’ve seen in a long, long time. Good Lord, Auburn choked big time. 4th and a country mile. They drop 8 and still give up an easy TD catch
The worst part is that A&M dropped 8 and got beat DEEP. I understand a hail Mary pass getting tipped and winding up in a WRs hands but getting beat deep when you're dropping 8 is insane.

Of course it shouldn't have come to that. Auburn was in the driver's seat up 4 and getting the ball back with 4 minutes to go but they fumble the fair catch.

It's amazing how these top teams seem to pull it out while worthy opponents just can't finish. It reminds me of the Michigan game 2 years ago when we led until Michigan scored on a long pass after our DBs ran into each other.

Reactions: dswartz and psu00
The AL qb is a better running QB than any we’ve seen. Their WRs catch everything near them. They’re better than both OSU and MI imo.
Bama gave up 244 rushing yards and 24 pts to a team that just got boat raced at home by New Mexico State. They'd be 4th place in our division

Reactions: dswartz
The SEC is insanely over-rated this year....
Really bad? Auburn outplayed a very talented Alabama game. Give Freeze two more years and Auburn will be in the play-off. The SEC is insanely over-rated? Come again? Exactly what team is over-rated? 11-1 Alabama? 10-2 Ole Miss? 10-2 Missouri? Maybe 9-3 LSU? Oh maybe Georgia, who has not lost in two years.

Reactions: manilion
Really bad? Auburn outplayed a very talented Alabama game. Give Freeze two more years and Auburn will be in the play-off. The SEC is insanely over-rated? Come again? Exactly what team is over-rated? 11-1 Alabama? 10-2 Ole Miss? 10-2 Missouri? Maybe 9-3 LSU? Oh maybe Georgia, who has not lost in two years.
And Bama was 8 behind Texas and Oregon--only ahead of Louisville of the 1 loss teams--claiming they're overrated was pure stupidity.

It’s funny how the anti-Franklin crowd raves about the strength of the SEC, but somehow we always end up playing the one bad team from the SEC every time we play one….Auburn was supposedly terrible both times we played them, UK was terrible when we played them, Arkansas was terrible when we played them….but when we don’t play them, they’re awesome. Funny how that works. I’m sure Utah was really good last year (until we played them).

It’s funny how the anti-Franklin crowd raves about the strength of the SEC, but somehow we always end up playing the one bad team from the SEC every time we play one….Auburn was supposedly terrible both times we played them, UK was terrible when we played them, Arkansas was terrible when we played them….but when we don’t play them, they’re awesome. Funny how that works. I’m sure Utah was really good last year (until we played them).
You want credit for beating the beating dwellers for the SEC. That’s laughable.

You know Harsin was fired, right?
Harsin lost 9 of his last 10 games against P5 teams with the only win in OT against Mizzou
When we beat them in 2021 it was a solid win at the time that lost "quality" status when they lost 4 straight to end the year. In 2022 it was impressive that we destroyed them the way we did on the road. That was really the moment when I started having faith in us being able to win games we should consistently

Bama didn't help themselves today at all. It solidified them staying behind Oregon, Texas and Ohio State as the lowest ranked 1-loss team. They're an after thought. Had the crushed Auburn they'd be looked a differently.

In no way does Bama get credit for beating Auburn today. Hell, if I didn't know better I'd think Auburn wanted Bama to win with that muffed punt and the 4th down defensive call.

Reactions: manilion
Bama didn't help themselves today at all. It solidified them staying behind Oregon, Texas and Ohio State as the lowest ranked 1-loss team. They're an after thought. Had the crushed Auburn they'd be looked a differently.

In no way does Bama get credit for beating Auburn today. Hell, if I didn't know better I'd think Auburn wanted Bama to win with that muffed punt and the 4th down defensive call.

Disagree that they’re an after thought. This game will be forgotten immediately if they beat Georgia.

I can already hear “Great teams find a way” coming from Herbstreit.

Reactions: summitlion1
Disagree that they’re an after thought. This game will be forgotten immediately if they beat Georgia.
Fair--beating Georgia changes everything. I just believe that a lot of people thought Bama winning was a realistic possibility before today and now not so much

Well, yeah, right now 8 teams have more than a 0% chance to get in--they just have to beat Georgia.

Yet the top headline is the tide, not the other cfp contenders who are also still in the mix. ESPN is going to spend alll week talking them up and angling for 2 SEC teams if they win.

Yet the top headline is the tide, not the other cfp contenders who are also still in the mix. ESPN is going to spend alll week talking them up and angling for 2 SEC teams if they win.
I think if Georgia beat Georgia Tech they should be in regardless so I don't really have an issue with that
I get why people don't like it though

so which conference champs are you putting UGA over if it plays out?
Big XII and ACC are out
I didn't think FSU should have been in at 13-0 with Travis Jordan and now I really don't
Texas is the tough part but their schedule is so soft with the exception of the Bama win Week 1
I don't think Bama beats Georgia so it moot.
I am curious to see what happens if it's Georgia, Michigan and the Pac XII winner then they have to pick between Ohio State, Texas and FSU. Ohio State's the best team IMO but that get's tricky.

I’m guessing UGa is in unless it gets dominated by Bama.
Michigan is in.
The Washington-Oregon winner is in.
FSU currently losing, but if it ends up undefeated it will be hard to leave them out.
(I personally don’t think FSU is top four, but I don’t get a vote.)
First teams out would be Ohio State or Washington (if it loses to Oregon), followed by Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT