ADVERTISEMENT

AKB: question on maps and a few other graphics not displaying on Firefox with Windows 10

Bob78

Jul 5, 2001
Hello AKB -

I cannot figure out why maps and certain other graphics will not display on my fairly new laptop. I have Windows 10, and use Firefox.

I've tried the fixes shown on the interwebs, but still no luck. (Could be a 'me' problem, though?) Maps, etc show up when I go to Chrome, but all my saved stuff is via Firefox.

Any help is appreciated, and if part of that help is telling me what a farte d'olde I am when it comes to this common sense stuff, so be it. ;)

Thanks in advance, BWI buddies.

Hello AKB -

I cannot figure out why maps and certain other graphics will not display on my fairly new laptop. I have Windows 10, and use Firefox.

I've tried the fixes shown on the interwebs, but still no luck. (Could be a 'me' problem, though?) Maps, etc show up when I go to Chrome, but all my saved stuff is via Firefox.

Any help is appreciated, and if part of that help is telling me what a farte d'olde I am when it comes to this common sense stuff, so be it. ;)

well if they work in Chrome but not Firefox, I would say its not the computer. I would look at my Firefox settings or presences and enable any that might fit the description. and if that doesn't work, I'd go back and do another search either via www.duckduckgo.com or youtube. Best I can do!!

here's one I found...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show

Reactions: Bob78
Three things you could try:
1) ensure your pop-up blocker isn't enabled on firefox
2) try private or incognito mode on firefox. This won't be a permanent solution but might help diagnose the issue and serve as a workaround
3) clearing your firefox browser cache

Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. Don't worry; you're not a farte d'olde at all! There may be an issue with your Firefox browser or settings. First, clear your cache and cookies in Firefox, as this can sometimes fix display issues. You can also disable any Firefox extensions installed to see if they are causing the problem. If it's the whole system, just buy new cheap windows keys.
If those steps don't work, you can also try resetting Firefox to its default settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: brupsu
Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. Don't worry; you're not a farte d'olde at all! There may be an issue with your Firefox browser or settings. First, clear your cache and cookies in Firefox, as this can sometimes fix display issues. You can also disable any Firefox extensions installed to see if they are causing the problem.
Did you try to remove Firefox and then go back and download the latest version?During installation it should ask if you want to install settings etc from chrome .Or try opera or the brave browsers

Hello AKB -

It’s Firefox. You must think in Russian.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT