ADVERTISEMENT

AKB- Louisville recommendations

I lived in Louisville for the past 22 years. Below are some suggestions...

Hotels
Downtown
The Brown - Beautiful classic hotel
Marriott downtown
21C

Suburbs
Hilton Garden Inn East End
ALoft East End

Things to do
KY Derby Museum
Louisville Slugger Museum

There are a bunch of local restaurants in town...the only thing lacking is seafood.

Steaks - Jeff Ruby’s, Le Moo or Malones
Italian - Volare or Porcini’s
Breakfast - Con Huevos, Wild Eggs

Other favorite restaurants:
Fat Lamb
Village Anchor
Bourbons Bistro
Seviche
Jack Fry’s
Eagle - great fried chicken

Let me know if you need anything else...

For hotel /restaurants Heading for bourbon trail.

Not going until December but figured I would ask now.

A bunch of guys going No kids wives g/f

TIA.
Recently stayed at the Seelbach Hotel and was very nice. Had them give my wife and I a brief history tour of the hotel. It is down the street from the Brown. The hotel bar had great selection of bourbon and beer. My wife said their soft pretzel was the best she ever had.

Hotels
Downtown
Marriott downtown
21C

Suburbs
ALoft East End

Things to do
KY Derby Museum

There are a bunch of local restaurants in town...the only thing lacking is seafood.

Fat Lamb
Village Anchor
Bourbons Bistro
Seviche
Jack Fry’s

Thanks. I will research snd get back with you if other information needed.

The question really is, if you are doing a bourdon tour why base out of Louisville? And not Lexington, which probably is closer to the ‘big’ name ones. Short trip to Bardstown as well which can be fun.

5 forum posts

#3 of 5 ·
The bulk of the major Ky. distilleries are located in the triangle between Lexington, Frankfort and Loretto. There are a few boutique distilleries in Louisville but not the major distillers with the tours and to base there adds additional driving time to get to the major distilleries.

The question really is, if you are doing a bourdon tour why base out of Louisville? And not Lexington, which probably is closer to the ‘big’ name ones. Short trip to Bardstown as well which can be fun.

5 forum posts

#3 of 5 ·
The bulk of the major Ky. distilleries are located in the triangle between Lexington, Frankfort and Loretto. There are a few boutique distilleries in Louisville but not the major distillers with the tours and to base there adds additional driving time to get to the major distilleries.
Lexington is a better place to stay in my opinion. I live in Lexington, so I’m biased.

5 forum posts

#3 of 5 ·
The crew decided Louisville - I think the flights in and out were cheaper. Staying in Louisville also gives one of the crew an opportunity to spend time with elderly family in the area. But as far as the tour, we are open to various places.

Reactions: sluggo72
I’ve stayed at the Galt House inLouisville and all on that main drag are Evan Williams, Old Forrester, Micthners and Angels Envy

Reactions: psuro
fwiw I loved this place. We didnt stay here, but ate in the Bourbon Bar and had a blast! this is near many of the old time distilleries around and in Bardstown.

River House restaurant a must. Fish, shellFish, giant steaks.volare and Ruby’s excellent. Jack Fry good. Drive to Bardstown. New Luxor distillery tour. New restaurant nearby in neighboring distillery for lunch. Distillers brought them in from California— cannot recall the name, but any distiller in Bardstown can direct you.

Hotels
Downtown
Marriott downtown
21C

Suburbs
ALoft East End

Things to do
KY Derby Museum

Fat Lamb
Village Anchor
Bourbons Bistro
Seviche
Jack Fry’s

As a follow up - we booked The Brown at reasonable rates. Looking into the restaurants. Really appreciate yours and everyone else’s assistance. Looking into distilleries and eateries in other towns also.

We have visited several distilleries in the Bardstown area. IMHO, the best tour is Makers Mark, followed by Heaven Hill, Jim Beam and a new kid on the block 1792.

As a follow up - we booked The Brown at reasonable rates. Looking into the restaurants. Really appreciate yours and everyone else’s assistance. Looking into distilleries and eateries in other towns also.
You are welcome! The Brown is very nice. They have a nice bar in the hotel. They were also the creator of the Hot Brown...a dish Louisville is known for.

Most of the restaurants I listed are a short Uber/Lyft from the hotel. Another breakfast spot close to the hotel is The Cafe. If you hit the downtown bourbon places, look into Michter's downtown as well. They do a tour and have a tasting bar. It may still be closed now, but by the time you do your trip, they may be reopened. They are close to the Slugger Museum.

Let me know if you need anything else

You are welcome! The Brown is very nice. They have a nice bar in the hotel. They were also the creator of the Hot Brown...a dish Louisville is known for.

Most of the restaurants I listed are a short Uber/Lyft from the hotel. Another breakfast spot close to the hotel is The Cafe. If you hit the downtown bourbon places, look into Michter's downtown as well. They do a tour and have a tasting bar. It may still be closed now, but by the time you do your trip, they may be reopened. They are close to the Slugger Museum.

Let me know if you need anything else

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT