ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Brooks

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
With the DeSanto controversy, Hall's atypical performance and the epic Cenzo-Bull battle, young Mr. Brooks' performance might be getting lost in the shuffle.

He was in complete control his entire match, in a huge dual on the road and his first time at CHA. Assad is tough, but Brooks definitely showed some separation there. An incredibly impressive performance.

With the DeSanto controversy, Hall's atypical performance and the epic Cenzo-Bull battle, young Mr. Brooks' performance might be getting lost in the shuffle.

He was in complete control his entire match, in a huge dual on the road and his first time at CHA. Assad is tough, but Brooks definitely showed some separation there. An incredibly impressive performance.

True, his performance did kind of get lost, but IMHO his performance was the most impressive by a PSU wrestler. Beat a very good wrestler in CHA. Future looks bright for Mr. Brooks.

He's got "it" and is in the perfect atmosphere to capitalize on "it."

Future (and the present!) is bright.

It seems like Brooks and Assad will stay 184 for possibly all 4 years. Look forward too many more matches between them in coming years.

The thing that worried me was Brooks just won so solidly. Assad couldn't do nothing on offense and Brooks was in on alot of td attempts and also got riding time

Solid win for Aaron, against a good opponent in a hostile setting. I'm most impressed by his temperament and demeanor. His wrestling is great too, he's a tremendous talent, one we'll enjoy for 4 years.

The temperament stands out though. He put the loss to Venz in the past. He was a respectful gladiator after both the loss (Venz), and the win (Assad). I'm just really impressed by his maturity. Looking own the road, this "intangible" will be really beneficial for the team.

Oh, and Assad isn't going anywhere. The battles between these two over this and the next three years will be fun for fans.

Am I the only one who was impressed with Aaron's gracious, understated smile upon getting his hand raised (see clip below).

Reactions: TooltimePSU
It seems like Brooks and Assad will stay 184 for possibly all 4 years. Look forward too many more matches between them in coming years.

The thing that worried me was Brooks just won so solidly. Assad couldn't do nothing on offense and Brooks was in on alot of td attempts and also got riding time
Any rational person wouldn’t predict Assad to beat Brooks coming into this year. But Assad has shown he is capable of beating AA competition. He may never beat Brooks but he can still score a decent amount of points in March. Too many on here and HR focus way too much on head to head between PSU and Iowa. Obviously there will be some match ups but bonus points and deep runs in either the championship or consi bracket will determine the champ.

Any rational person wouldn’t predict Assad to beat Brooks coming into this year. But Assad has shown he is capable of beating AA competition. He may never beat Brooks but he can still score a decent amount of points in March. Too many on here and HR focus way too much on head to head between PSU and Iowa. Obviously there will be some match ups but bonus points and deep runs in either the championship or consi bracket will determine the champ.

Oh, you're back? Last I saw you, you were implying Cael forfeited to Zahid to intentionally lose that dual so Iowa wouldn't be the team to end PSU's streak and followed that up by criticizing his forfeiting Shakur with a torn ACL to Myles last year.

Do you actually believe any of that garbage or was it just BS grandstanding? Because those views don't sound like "a rational person".

Reactions: Whytehawk
Oh, you're back? Last I saw you, you were implying Cael forfeited to Zahid to intentionally lose that dual so Iowa wouldn't be the team to end PSU's streak and followed that up by criticizing his forfeiting Shakur with a torn ACL to Myles last year.

Do you actually believe any of that garbage or was it just BS grandstanding?
I responded to your poster implying he was glad ASU ended the streak versus Iowa. Reading comprehension is fun. I don’t need to even call you out anymore on your obsession with trying to rationalize how Iowa will completely underperform at nationals. I can sit back and watch your fellow PSU fans do it for me. Every one of your posts going forward should just say “Penn St good, Iowa bad”. It’s the same message no matter the topic.

Edit: To answer your question, I wholeheartedly believe what I posted. If Brooks beats Assad every time they wrestle and Iowa wins the team title, I have no complaints.

I responded to your poster implying he was glad ASU ended the streak versus Iowa. Reading comprehension is fun. I don’t need to even call you out anymore on your obsession with trying to rationalize how Iowa will completely underperform at nationals. I can sit back and watch your fellow PSU fans do it for me. Every one of your posts going forward should just say “Penn St good, Iowa bad”. It’s the same message no matter the topic.

Edit: To answer your question, I wholeheartedly believe what I posted. If Brooks beats Assad every time they wrestle and Iowa wins the team title, I have no complaints.

Responding to another poster or not, you said what you said and it was ridiculous. Own it.

And I stand by my stance that guys like Warner, Lugo, Young and Murin will not live up to their lofty rankings. Not outrageous at all.

Responding to another poster or not, you said what you said and it was ridiculous. Own it.

And I stand by my stance that guys like Warner, Lugo, Young and Murin will not live up to their lofty rankings. Not outrageous at all.
Forfeiting to Valencia was a bad take but any sane wrestling fan would agree that if Shaq was healthy enough to wrestle the early rounds at Big 10s then he’s healthy enough to wrestle the final. There, I owned it. We will see what happens in March. I like the way my team is performing without having to worry about others not living up to expectations to have a chance to win.

AB dodged a bullet when Tom sent out Assad and not Nelson Brands. Sure Aaron would have gotten the first 3-4 takedowns but Nelson would have inevitably gassed him from bottom. ;)

Remember when Hurrr Durrr ranker Andrew Spey overreacted to Brands win over Sammy Colbray and rocketed him all the way into the top 10?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

AB was like a closer last night. After 174, that place was going nuts. Bases loaded jam, nobody out. He just shut it down.

Don't you know we are not allowed to use non-wrestling sports analogies on this forum? ;)

Don’t include me, Iowa has a great team.

Don’t include me, Iowa has a great team.

I'll say it one last time and then I'm done. Iowa has an excellent team with some great wrestlers like Spencer, Bull and Kemerer. It ALSO has some guys who will not live up to their ranking like Warner, Lugo, Murin and Young.

I still believe if we were healthy we'd beat them. But with no Berge, Cassar and a 50% Shakur (at best), it's unlikely.

That is all.

I'll say it one last time and then I'm done. Iowa has an excellent team with some great wrestlers like Spencer, Bull and Kemerer. It ALSO has some guys who will not live up to their ranking like Warner, Lugo, Murin and Young.

I still believe if we were healthy we'd beat them. But with no Berge, Cassar and a 50% Shakur (at best), it's unlikely.

That is all.

You might toss in ‘25; ‘49; and I don’t see hwt. Scoring much.
IMO, we have 5 high quality with 1 more with a big maybe.

Don't you know we are not allowed to use non-wrestling sports analogies on this forum? ;)
I know not to give scores. It's like starting an argument with a woman. It's just not worth the trouble. I'll make a mental note on the non-wrestling analogies :p.

That is all.
Honest questions, not trying to argue. You don’t believe Desanto or Cassioppi are great wrestlers? I know you have mentioned Brayton Lee, Sammy Sasso, and Boo Lewallen in other posts as guys who will finish ahead of Lugo. Any others? At 157 who do you have finishing ahead of Young? Deakin, Hidlay, and Carr come to mind for me.

I know not to give scores. It's like starting an argument with a woman. It's just not worth the trouble. I'll make a mental note on the non-wrestling analogies :p.

A little while back this subject came up on one of the other threads, can't remember which.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT