ADVERTISEMENT

8 of 18, 51 yds

Our biggest problem on O is that we are slllooooow at every position. Slow at RB, QB, WR but our OL cannot move. I think a lot of Drew’s issues are mental.
I kid you not! I saw a 340 DT named Grant from UM run down our rb #13 from behind on a 30 yd run! WTF!!!!! We are slow as shit except our TEs and our Blake Corum (Tre Potts) but we refuse to play him because Franklin loves to see Singleton lose or gain no yardage time after time after time with no repercussions! God please give us some of those OSU/UM DTs!!! I can't wait until those OL slugs Wallace/Wormely and JB Nelson graduate! It pains me that we were the finalist for Zac Minter and Keegan and what studs they turned into at UM and the junk we got stuck with! Franklin you are never going to build an OL from Lacawanna CC overweight retreads, Ivy league transfers and inner city weedheads from the Balitmore/DC area. When you do that you, get a UMaryland level OL. I just have hope that the big midwestern kids we are bringing in may finally right the ship. Franklin's OL recruiting has been killing us for the past five years. Give me Ryan Bates and Connor McGovern!

I kid you not! I saw a 340 DT named Grant from UM run down our rb #13 from behind on a 30 yd run! WTF!!!!! We are slow as shit except our TEs and our Blake Corum (Tre Potts) but we refuse to play him because Franklin loves to see Singleton lose or gain no yardage time after time after time with no repercussions! God please give us some of those OSU/UM DTs!!! I can't wait until those OL slugs Wallace/Wormely and JB Nelson graduate! It pains me that we were the finalist for Zac Minter and Keegan and what studs they turned into at UM and the junk we got stuck with! Franklin you are never going to build an OL from Lacawanna CC overweight retreads, Ivy league transfers and inner city weedheads from the Balitmore/DC area. When you do that you, get a UMaryland level OL. I just have hope that the big midwestern kids we are bringing in may finally right the ship. Franklin's OL recruiting has been killing us for the past five years. Give me Ryan Bates and Connor McGovern!
You are not being fair to 13 with that comment.

IT IS THE OL COACHING, not the kids. I remember coach BOB's OL patched together after sanctions. Franklin wants great recruiters on his staff. We need better teachers and a better strategist at OC and head coach.

I realize that the defenses play differently but we scored a late TD against both OSU and UM once we got more aggressive and started throwing downfield (on 1st down).
Exactly my point. Way too many predictable runs between the tackles on first down during the game.

Last year as I walked out of the North endzone after losing vs OSU I honestly felt it was time to give the keys to Drew.

That didn't happen, and we won games we were supposed to, with a wonderful person, and good 6th year future NFL player at qb.

At OSU and today we did not get the benefit of what could have been some good potty training last year against mediocre teams up til the Rose Bowl.

Drew shit the bed again. Lot's of reasons why, but a few of his throws were behind open receivers. The Intentional Grounding was the right call, and, most importantly, the fumble at the start of the 3rd stands as the play of the game.

Earlier today I said we need the folliwing:

Young guys to have great game:

* Allen yes
* Carter ok
* Nick not really

Allar had to have his best game:

No

Had to reverse futile coaching in big games:

Hardly

We lost this, but UM won it too.
When will Yurcich understand that you aren’t doing Allar any favors by running predictable running plays on first and second down and putting the team in third and long? Funny how Allar was much better on the final TD drive when he opened the play book.

• Love
Reactions: The Kid Twist
Need receivers in a bad way. Im not ready to blame Allar, but c'mon man. Those are Iowa numbers.

Not ready to blame Allar? Did you watch the game? He didn't put a single pass on the receiver's numbers - receivers were having to make great catches even when they were wide open. Flair passes were awful throwing off the timing of the plays as receivers had to scramble to catch them allowing defense to recover.....

Would add that virtually every play is painfully slow to develop as well, especially runs.

What's the point of standing at the LOS to see what the defense is doing and waiting til 1 second on the clock just to throw the ball into the dirt?

Of course the plays are slow at this point. Our guys have been standing around 30 seconds waiting for a terrible play call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT