ADVERTISEMENT

8 of 18, 51 yds

You got it ridiculously conservative play calling most of the game.
I realize that the defenses play differently but we scored a late TD against both OSU and UM once we got more aggressive and started throwing downfield (on 1st down).

Reactions: JimNazium
Need receivers in a bad way. Im not ready to blame Allar, but c'mon man. Those are Iowa numbers.
I agree that we need better receivers, but there were times where they actually got separation, and the QB missed them or threw behind them ( and he was under little or no duress). If they are hit in stride, this becomes a different game. — The offensive game plan was the massive weakness. They are unable or unwilling to adapt to what is given them. There were several successful plays, but they seemed to default to the “gameplan no matter what”. they do not adapt….and they had the athletes to do so —This is where the old guy with the high pants and black shoes excelled . He was a chess player/strategist , these coaches are managers/CEO’s.
Kudos to the “D” ( overall)…..and their coaches. They are for real.

I agree that we need better receivers, but there were times where they actually got separation, and the QB missed them or threw behind them ( and he was under little or no duress). If they are hit in stride, this becomes a different game. — The offensive game plan was the massive weakness. They are unable or unwilling to adapt to what is given them. There were several successful plays, but they seemed to default to the “gameplan no matter what”. they do not adapt….and they had the athletes to do so —This is where the old guy with the high pants and black shoes excelled . He was a chess player/strategist , these coaches are managers/CEO’s.
The game goes too fast for Allar against top teams. He's got to be able slow things down in his head. UCLA basketball coach John Wooden used to say play quick but don't hurry. That's easy to say but difficult for a relatively inexperienced 19 year old kid.

We know that he's big and strong with a great arm but things are going 100 mph in his head. Let's hope that changes the next two years.

Allar has been a disappointment for sure in the 2 biggest games of the year.
He is killing us! Constantly throwing off his back foot and lobbing it up for grabs! He is REALLY Lucky he didn't have more picks! He holds the ball WAAAAAAYYYY to long! There were passes open if he could get rid of the ball in under 5 seconds. On that first 2 point conversion, Cephus broke open clean for the easy pitch and catch but Allar held the ball to long and the db closed so he throws a crappy pass over the middle into double coverage for nothing!!! What the hell are O'Brien and Yurich working on with him during the week and for Godsakes put Tre Potts in earlier for Singleton who is just having a miserable soph slump! Potts can catch the screen and has some nasty cuts that would have given UM some fits!!! Juts horrible coaching again by Franklin against a team with a pulse once again!

Last edited:
Michigan made offensive adjustments after 2 series that lead to a score. PSU never adjusted.

I’m tired of Franklin and the same old thing every year. Great program manager. Terrible head coach.

OC never attempted to stretch the field, and all passes thrown in front of the defense. That makes it hard to have open recievers. They ignored EVERY SUCCESS of the Maryland game.

They couldn't stretch the field. The WR's couldn't separate and the OL couldn't hold the D off long enough.

I’ve said that for weeks.
I feel like he does not know the playbook and as such cannot throw the wr open. The wr gets to his spot and is looking around like wtf. For all our concerns about Cliff or McSorely, they knew where the damn wr or te was going to be. Allar does not.

PSU defense is super legit

Our biggest problem on O is that we are slllooooow at every position. Slow at RB, QB, WR but our OL cannot move. I think a lot of Drew’s issues are mental.

Reactions: psu00
The game goes too fast for Allar against top teams. He's got to be able slow things down in his head. UCLA basketball coach John Wooden used to say play quick but don't hurry. That's easy to say but difficult for a relatively inexperienced 19 year old kid.

We know that he's big and strong with a great arm but things are going 100 mph in his head. Let's hope that changes the next two years.
He is literally a Freshman, not a lot of PT last year.

If a head coach were hiring Franklin for his staff, where would he excel? I'm trying to think what his forte is supposed to be.

Which is why I want the game simplified for him. This is idiotic. We are ruining yet another quarterback. We're constantly substituting, shuffling people, motioning people. Half the time subs don't even know where to line up much less run the expected pattern. Allar is looking to the sideline instead of at the defense. It's a mess.

Call the damn play in the huddle and run it.

Franklin turns studs into duds. Drew does not deserve the fan attacks here.
Franklin hired a new receivers coach because he is a great recruiter but EVERY wr that was here last year, REGRESSED under his coaching.
Is Franklin really a great recruiter? 247 Composite:
  • 2020 15th
  • 2021 21st
  • 2022 6th
  • 2023 14th
  • 2024 14th
That exactly one top ten class in the past 5 years. That's not horrible but it's far from elite.

Is Franklin really a great recruiter? 247 Composite:
  • 2020 15th
  • 2021 21st
  • 2022 6th
  • 2023 14th
  • 2024 14th
That exactly one top ten class in the past 5 years. That's not horrible but it's far from elite.

Define great.

With classes like this, you have to load up for a run every 3rd or 4th year. The problem is, we tend to lose guys to the draft vs coming back to "win a 'ship".

We want Georgia results, but we don't have Georgia recruiting. We have Michigan recruiting, but we don't have Michigan coaching. Something has to give somewhere.

Michigan threw 8 forward passes today and not one in the second. When was that last done in a matchup of top ten teams? How in the heck does that happen. Once again, the LOS was Michigan's.

Reactions: psu00
Cheerleader.

No thanks, I prefer traditional.

South Carolina Gamecocks Cheer GIF by gamecocksonline

Pitt fan here. Trust me, I feel your pain. It’s uncanny how similar the performance of the PSU, Pitt, and Steeler offenses are this season. It’s really uncanny. There better be 3 OC’s looking for work come January.

Pitt fan here. Trust me, I feel your pain. It’s uncanny how similar the performance of the PSU, Pitt, and Steeler offenses are this season. It’s really uncanny. There better be 3 OC’s looking for work come January.
lmao. There are no similarities between Penn state and Pitt. Ya Penn state did shit against two top three teams in the country but they would beat pitt by 60.

INSTRUCTION! Iowa takes 2-3 star OL kids and TEACHES them how to become effective blockers and effective unit. I am beginning to think that teaching kids how to play the game of football is not a strength of Franklin or anyone else on the offensive staff. The exception may be the RB coach. OSU & UM seem to do a much better job developing players and maximizing each player's talent.

Reactions: psu00 and 91Joe95
No excuse at this point of the season.
Last year as I walked out of the North endzone after losing vs OSU I honestly felt it was time to give the keys to Drew.

That didn't happen, and we won games we were supposed to, with a wonderful person, and good 6th year future NFL player at qb.

At OSU and today we did not get the benefit of what could have been some good potty training last year against mediocre teams up til the Rose Bowl.

Drew shit the bed again. Lot's of reasons why, but a few of his throws were behind open receivers. The Intentional Grounding was the right call, and, most importantly, the fumble at the start of the 3rd stands as the play of the game.

Earlier today I said we need the folliwing:

Young guys to have great game:

* Allen yes
* Carter ok
* Nick not really

Allar had to have his best game:

No

Had to reverse futile coaching in big games:

Hardly

We lost this, but UM won it too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT