ADVERTISEMENT

3/8: We are better

Doesn't Rivals have him as a 3 Star, 5.7, #16 QB in the country?

Wasn't Fields also a high 3 or low 4 star recruit when Franklin having already recognized his talent got him to commit to PSU?? And then Fields went to a couple camps and the secret was out....

With the lack of camps over the last year this may have set up a similar scenario with Allar.....

But being further along in the cycle I'm expecting CJF to hang on to Mr. Allar

Big boy and big arm. Obviously we don't know his football IQ or how accurate he will be when his WRs give him a two foot window to hit. My only concern with taller QBs like him, and you see some of this on his tape, is that they naturally tend to throw high. Good luck young man.

Wasn't Fields also a high 3 or low 4 star recruit when Franklin having already recognized his talent got him to commit to PSU?? And then Fields went to a couple camps and the secret was out....

With the lack of camps over the last year this may have set up a similar scenario with Allar.....

I'm agreeing with you. The poster I responded to said he was a "2 Star." I'm thrilled to have him and was merely responding to an inaccurate post!

Reactions: GregInPitt

Considering he was already being recruited by some other big names, took his time to hear them out, and already visited, I think PSU in better situation here. Plus, his Mom appears to be all-in. Since already have another QB who isn't wavering, PSU is in really good position. When Fields decommited, Franklin had to scramble a bit.

Considering he was already being recruited by some other big names, took his time to hear them out, and already visited, I think PSU in better situation here. Plus, his Mom appears to be all-in. Since already have another QB who isn't wavering, PSU is in really good position. When Fields decommited, Franklin had to scramble a bit.
Agreed. Plus Medina is just outside CLE so the close-to-home programs would be tOSU, Michigan, ND and Pitt. Maybe WVU. So he's already turned down UM and tOSU didn't offer. So you have to believe he's a solid commit unless AL or Clemson comes his way with an offer he can't refuse.

Reactions: canuckhal
It's rare for there to be something positive about a conference rival getting a commitment from the #1 player in a recruiting class, but I'm not sure Allar ends up at PSU if the Buckeyes didn't hold a commit from Quinn Ewers. You have to imagine OSU would have put on a full court press for an in-state top 100 kid like Allar who is the top QB in the state. Maybe Yurcich wins that battle anyway, but I'm glad we aren't having to fight it.

Looking at his film and hearing the quotes of national analyst, I'll take my chances with Allar over who the Buckeyes got at QB in this class anyway. Exciting day for Nittany Nation!

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
I married a Pittsburgh girl and I like the City and people. I just never bought into the rivalry stuff. It does not make sense to me. Sort of like a Duke fan having a dislike of Seton Hall rather than a team that matters.

There hasn't been a real rivalry with Pitt since the late 70s early 80s. Think Dan Marino / Tony Dorsett days.

What happens to begin 2022? Does Clifford stay another year and beat out all others? He leaves after this year? Or he decides to stay but gets beaten out?

If Allar, Veilleux and Pribula are as good as advertised you gotta believe one of them will step up and earn the starting role in 2022 regardless if Clifford stays. But maybe not if Yurcich works magic with SC. Both Allar and Pribula will be Jan 2022 enrollees. Veilleux is already on campus.

Whoever falls to #3 between these 3 is sure to go portal.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I know we also have Roberson but something tells me he is not ready for prime time if he could not sniff the field this year despite the train wreck of QB play ahead of him that we had to endure.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I know we also have Roberson but something tells me he is not ready for prime time if he could not sniff the field this year despite the train wreck of QB play ahead of him that we had to endure.
Why does it seem that you enjoy posting this garbage when 2 stud QBs committed to us?

Agreed. Plus Medina is just outside CLE so the close-to-home programs would be tOSU, Michigan, ND and Pitt. Maybe WVU. So he's already turned down UM and tOSU didn't offer. So you have to believe he's a solid commit unless AL or Clemson comes his way with an offer he can't refuse.
OSU has Ewers, Bama has Ty Simpson, and Clemson has a high 4* from Texas. I doubt any of them come calling.

There hasn't been a real rivalry with Pitt since the late 70s early 80s. Think Dan Marino / Tony Dorsett days.
Exactly.....Hard to be rivals when you don’t really play each other on a regular basis any more. Playing is kind of the key to a rivalry.

It's pronounced "Allar" as in "holler." This is about as excited about Penn State football recruiting as I've been in a while.

Reactions: grinagrin
Finally did get around to watching his film and was also extremely impressed. As was stated, he moves well in the pocket, sliding, moving up, bailing out at the right time and keeps the eyes down field. He seems to hit a lot of tough passes with tight windows almost perfectly. Also can throw at really any arm angle needed. Has very good size as well. So many of the intangibles that makes QBs great seem to jump out of that film.

By the way, Pribula seems to have much of this as well and was athlete first. Between the two there is very likely to be at least one very good one that translates that game to the next level. Very excited to see those two in action.

Reactions: grinagrin and 81b&w
Finally did get around to watching his film and was also extremely impressed. As was stated, he moves well in the pocket, sliding, moving up, bailing out at the right time and keeps the eyes down field. He seems to hit a lot of tough passes with tight windows almost perfectly. Also can throw at really any arm angle needed. Has very good size as well. So many of the intangibles that makes QBs great seem to jump out of that film.

By the way, Pribula seems to have much of this as well and was athlete first. Between the two there is very likely to be at least one very good one that translates that game to the next level. Very excited to see those two in action.
Gonna be the debbie downer here but besides maybe a blue white game you’re likely not going to see both in action for the good guys. Based on the portal trends whoever isn’t named the starter will likely leave for greener pastures before they play a regular season down in Beaver Stadium.

Yeah.....I just don't get it.

Big time programs recruit multiple studs at each position. Including in the same class. It happens.

Iron sharpens iron. At a minimum, it gives us more options. And that's never a bad thing.

This is never a bad thing.

The worst case scenario is that neither pans out - a risk no matter how many you take. Anything outside of that is a positive. Both seem to have a lot of potential, both seem to have great attitudes, and PSU has addressed a position need in recruiting without reaching. We're lottery winners wringing our hands on how much we will have to pay in taxes.

Last edited:
Just wanna say that I'm really excited about this commitment. I think Allar has a chance to be that stud QB we've been missing for a long time around here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT