ADVERTISEMENT

#26: Just Saquon doing Saquon things...

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/19/saquon-barkley-penn-state-heisman-trophy-campaign

The first scouting reports noting Saquon Barkley’s rare physical gifts came from Penn State’s Beaver Hall during the summer of 2015. Barkley’s freshman roommate, running back Andre Robinson, called home to detail what he’d seen on the twin bed six feet away: “He has veins in his thighs and popping out of his calves. I’ve never seen anything like it before in my life. He’s a freak.”

Reactions: Bob78
If this was not included, it should be..... the story and any available video of Saquon in HS giving his HS track meet first place medal to the young girl who had won her race but then lost it due to a technicality out of her control. I forget the details, of course, but I know it made me greatly admire the overall presence of mind and sense of the greater good that a HS kid had. Remarkable on a number of levels.

Whatever this season brings him and us, he'll always be among my personal many, many all-time fave Nittany Lions.

Does anyone have the Michigan State run when it was like 3rd and 16 and he basically took on their entire defense to get the first down? That might be my favorite run of his ever.

That's all before he turned 20 years old with every defense gunning for him and now he gets to play with his best offensive line. Enjoy ever last moment he has in blue and white this season. As long as he stays healthy, it will be legendary.

Reactions: LionJim
Last play of the video where he makes that cut to the right is just insane. Like trying to for the defenders, grab a ghost. Going to be a lot of fun to watch him this year.

Last play of the video where he makes that cut to the right is just insane. Like trying to for the defenders, grab a ghost. Going to be a lot of fun to watch him this year.

Agreed his jump cut is lethal. The best are the pictures before he makes it. He aims his head and eyes to the opposite side to pull the defenders then Makes the jump cut. Completely awesome.

Reactions: brupsu
If this was not included, it should be..... the story and any available video of Saquon in HS giving his HS track meet first place medal to the young girl who had won her race but then lost it due to a technicality out of her control. I forget the details, of course, but I know it made me greatly admire the overall presence of mind and sense of the greater good that a HS kid had. Remarkable on a number of levels.

Whatever this season brings him and us, he'll always be among my personal many, many all-time fave Nittany Lions.
Just been blessed to have someone with so much ability and character

Reactions: maxxedout and Bob78

The young lady won her gold medal. But due to a timing problem, it was decided to re-run the race. She did not win the second time around. She was devastated, and and SB gave her his gold medal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT