ADVERTISEMENT

247 projects Dukes Mayo Bowl for Franklin

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
Wow. Would this qualify as a successful season for Franklin if PSU settled for the Dukes Mayo Bowl? Coming off 11-11 the past 2 seasons?

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
More surprising they have the Final 4 as Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Notre Dame--imagine that

But anything less than a division title every year should be considered a disappointment--set expectations high not low.

I believe this publication also had Indiana as a dark horse in the East last year. It's freakin' April! I would bet the writer couldn't name one of our new redshirt players that will have an impact in the fall.

I'll take one game at a time and see where we end up.

I believe this publication also had Indiana as a dark horse in the East last year. It's freakin' April! I would bet the writer couldn't name one of our new redshirt players that will have an impact in the fall.

I'll take one game at a time and see where we end up.
I’m not really a fan of Franklin but I’m not going to try to pick on him over a season that hasn’t even started yet…… and based on some reporters personal opinion. Let’s wait and see how the season starts to play out before we all get fired up. ;)

That said, a 6-6 season this year would be torture for PSU fans. Groundhog Day and no hope for any change due to Sandy’s ridiculous contract extension.

Last edited:
Wow. Would this qualify as a successful season for Franklin if PSU settled for the Dukes Mayo Bowl? Coming off 11-11 the past 2 seasons?
If that happens and the new crew does not say “enough”, you will know the program is in quicksand (at best).

Reactions: Psugo823
11-11 hell? Is a 6-6 record and a Duke Mayo bowl good enough for you?
Good enough for Franklin? Good enough for "you?" LOL.....Are you on the team? I know....."we deserve better."
Are we now knocking the coach on someone's prediction? LOL fanboys
Ten more years! Ten more years, ten more years!

I’m not really a fan of Franklin but I’m not going to try to pick on him over a season that hasn’t even started yet…… and based on some reporters personal opinion. Let’s wait and see how the season starts to play out before we all get fired up. ;)

That said, a 6-6 season this year would be torture for PSU fans. Groundhog Day and no hope for any change due to Sandy’s ridiculous contract extension.
Not so fast my friend. Sandy is gone soon. The new A.D. will not be nearly as incompetent.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286 and bytir
I consider The Carquest Auto Parts Bowl, the Beef O'Brady's Bowl and the Duke's Mayo Bowl the modern triumvirate of college bowls......Reach for the stars.

Last edited:
11-11 hell? Is a 6-6 record and a Duke Mayo bowl good enough for you?

I'm shooting higher another 7-6 season(7-5 regular season). Losses to the normal 3 in our division, Auburn, shitting the bed to a lesser team on the road looking unprepared like we always do. Uninspiring loss in a bowl game. i hope I am wrong but lately it seem this is CJF's MO. Of course he will get another million tacked onto his salary during the off-season.

and what did they say the weather would be for the game? just as much of a guess as this is.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU&Trout
God only knows where we'll be come the fall, that said I do personally believe this... find a consistent running game to balance the offense and take the pressure of Clifford this team should not lose more than 3 games and that is far better than the Duke's Mayo Bowl.

Not so fast my friend. Sandy is gone soon. The new A.D. will not be nearly as incompetent.
She may be gone soon but any new AD will still be handcuffed by Sandy’s incompetent contract decisions.

Reactions: 84Lion
But anything less than a division title every year should be considered a disappointment--set expectations high not low.

A division title followed by a loss in the btcg would be a disappointment. The east is 8-0 against the west. Championship or bust.

Good enough for Franklin? Good enough for "you?" LOL.....Are you on the team? I know....."we deserve better."
Are we now knocking the coach on someone's prediction? LOL fanboys
Ten more years! Ten more years, ten more years!

Ironically, "ten more years!" for Franklin is exactly what Michigan and Ohio State fans are chanting, too.

• Sad
Reactions: Lion8286
The people Franklin is accountable to have spoken. They awarded him a ten year contract.
True. And they are proven incompetents - vs benchmarks and their peers/peer institutions. So that may not speak well of that transaction.

True. And they are proven incompetents - vs benchmarks and their peers/peer institutions. So that may not speak well of that transaction.
I see. Perhaps the sage NNNNNCAC can assume all financial and administrative PSU decisions as well in their spare time. Just coaching leaves too much spare time.

I see. Perhaps the sage NNNNNCAC can assume all financial and administrative PSU decisions as well in their spare time. Just coaching leaves too much spare time.
Perhaps. If not, someone can surely do a better job than the current free fall of PSU academics and the equitable decline of PSU Athletics. By simple deductive reasoning that is clear….but perhaps not by those who have spent most/all of their lives in unaccountable academia?

God only knows where we'll be come the fall, that said I do personally believe this... find a consistent running game to balance the offense and take the pressure of Clifford this team should not lose more than 3 games and that is far better than the Duke's Mayo Bowl.
Those that don't give a pass for the 2020 covid year also don't give a pass for sanction years. They're basically clueless. 2021 was disappointing because of the record but the team wasn't bad, just lost a ton of close games. Those things tend to even out over time. Obviously, the run game was a major flaw and if we can become just an average run team, the offense will improve drastically. The defense will be good to very good again. There's a nice mixture of experience and youth. I'd bet we're 6-1 or 7-0 facing Ohio State with everything on the line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT