ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2024 NATIONAL SIGNING DAY CENTRAL

Has anyone made a list of the players that plan to enroll in January? It seems that there is the potential playing time available at CB and possibly DE and WR. And as in the past the players that could particpate in Winter S&C and Spring practice would have a big leg up on getting on the field next Fall.
Check up top and open the link from Dylan. There are 16 early enrollees listed. That's a crazy number, but good for coach getting them in early!

Reactions: 81b&w
Who is expected to sign?
Pos.NameStarsSignedEnrolling
OLCooper Cousins YESEARLY
LBAnthony Speca YESSUMMER
LBKari Jackson YES EARLY
DBKenneth Woseley YESSUMMER
TELuke Reynolds YESEARLY
RBQuinton Martin YESEARLY
RBCorey Smith YESSUMMER
QBEthan Grunkemeyer YESEARLY
DBDejuan Lane YESSUMMER
WRTyseer Denmark YESSUMMER
DEMylachi Williams YESSUMMER
DELiam Andrews YESEARLY
DTT.A Cunningham YESEARLY
DEJaylen Harvey YESEARLY
DBJon MitchellYESEARLY
DBAntoine Belgrave-ShorterYESEARLY
ATHCaleb BrewerYESSUMMER
OLDonovan HarbourYESSUMMER
OLGarrett SextonYESEARLY
OLEagan BoyerYESEARLY
DEXavier GilliamYESEARLY
DBVaboue ToureYESEARLY
WRPeter GonzalezYESSUMMER
WRJosiah BrownYESEARLY
DEDeAndre CookYESEARLY

Who is expected to sign?
Pos.NameStarsSignedEnrolling
OLCooper CousinsYESEARLY
LBAnthony SpecaYESSUMMER
LBKari JacksonYESEARLY
DBKenneth WoseleyYESSUMMER
TELuke ReynoldsYESEARLY
RBQuinton MartinYESEARLY
RBCorey SmithYESSUMMER
QBEthan GrunkemeyerYESEARLY
DBDejuan LaneYESSUMMER
WRTyseer DenmarkYESSUMMER
DEMylachi WilliamsYESSUMMER
DELiam AndrewsYESEARLY
DTT.A CunninghamYESEARLY
DEJaylen HarveyYESEARLY
DBJon MitchellYESEARLY
DBAntoine Belgrave-ShorterYESEARLY
ATHCaleb BrewerYESSUMMER
OLDonovan HarbourYESSUMMER
OLGarrett SextonYESEARLY
OLEagan BoyerYESEARLY
DEXavier GilliamYESEARLY
DBVaboue ToureYESEARLY
WRPeter GonzalezYESSUMMER
WRJosiah BrownYESEARLY
DEDeAndre CookYESEARLY
Not a single star among them, we suck. ;)

Reactions: bison13
Who burns their redshirts in 2024? Seems there are usually 3-5 players. Based on who's enrolling in January here's my guess for 4 EE's:

Mitchell CB
Harvey DE
Martin RB/WR/Returner
Belgrave-Shorter CB OR Andrews DL OR Cunningham DT

Based on the current roster and who now seems to be returning, I can't see a true freshman LB not redshirting. Could use a DE and possibly a DT. At DE Williams seems too light, and from what has been written may end up at LB anyway. At DT Andrews seem like the most polished athlete with the size to contribute early, along with Cunningham. If there are injuries at DT it wouldn't be a surprise to see one of them play in 2024.

On offense the biggest need seems to be WR. But Brown seems like he needs to add strength and is coming off an injury. Gonzalez also seems like a year in the S&C program away from competing to get on the field, and he isn't showing up until Summer. To me the unknown is Denmark but he is not enrolling reportedly until the Summer making his path to playing time that much harder. On the OL I could see a player like Cousins playing if Dawkins doesn't light things up at Center, but there are other interior olinemen on the roster that have also practiced at Center. And if Donkoh and Birchmeier have progressed there seems no need to burn the redshirt of a true freshman interior olineman. At RB, Martin would seem to be hard to keep off the field, but we haven't seen what the two 2023 RB's can do. Seems that Martin will be a playmaker that needs to play.

If Warren returns the TE room will continue to be loaded with experience. Dinkins has played a good bit and looks to be a playmaker in the passing game, with another off season to improve his blocking. And with 3 TE's behind those two that have already redshirted it really isn't necessary at all to play Reynolds at TE. But if Reynolds shows up with WR speed and can catch the ball on the Beaver Stadium field the way he did in high school he may be a player that starts at WR and plays in 2024 given the lack of proven WR playmakers going into 2024.

Last edited:
I feel like a greedy little kid on Christmas morning.

After opening two dozen great gifts…… I am disappointed it’s over and wish there were more and I could keep opening more all day long 😻
First year I have not diligently followed signing day, past years I checked every few minutes, who was in. Appears everyone has signed, nationally and big changes?

The Process: Andrews recruitment was the rare occasion where a player taking a bunch of visits after seemingly trending away from their early leaders actually helped that school. In the summer of 2022, Penn State appeared to be the leader for Andrews. Then, that fall and into the winter he visited a bunch of schools other than Penn State. Well, those visits seemed to remind Andrews and his camp why they were so high on the Nittany Lions. He took an April unofficial visit to Penn State, the Nittany Lions received one of his four June official visits, and then Andrews committed to the Nittany Lions in July.

His recruitment also saw a position change. Andrews began his recruitment as an offensive lineman, then following his junior year he started to have a desire to play defensive tackle at the collegiate level. This also impacted his recruitment, leading to the work of Deion Barnes playing a large role in Andrews choosing the Nittany Lions.

What Penn State is getting in Andrews: Andrews has all the tools needed to be a very good defensive tackle at the Power 5 level. He is a high-motor player who plays very physically and violent on the defensive line. He bends well, is very explosive, sheds blocks well, and finds the ball carrier well. There is still a lot of untapped potential on the defensive line for Andrews, as well as some sky-high potential. Some of his techniques will need to be defined more in college, but good coaching can do that and Andres is a hard-working, very coachable player. Andrews could be a player who makes an impact early in their Penn State career while developing into a multi-year starter and one of the best defensive tackles in the Big Ten.
Andrews tore his pec and has chicken legs. He should really slim down and become a TE or an edge.

First year I have not diligently followed signing day, past years I checked every few minutes, who was in. Appears everyone has signed, nationally and big changes?
The whole NIL angle has changed the playing field.

Did xyz recruit switch from Team A to Team B due to love for the school, a coaching connection, so his parents/family can drive to games?

Nah...it was the $$$$.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT