ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2024 four-star DT Liam Andrews commits to Penn State

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
Last edited:
Woo Hoo! Fantastic get. Congratulations and welcome, young man!
WE ARE!!!
🦁🦁🦁

Terrific offer list - Florida, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and, of course, the usual useless joke offer from the pitters.

Reactions: Online Persona
Terrific offer list - Florida, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and, of course, the usual useless joke offer from the pitters.
Please don’t bring up Pitt. That usually causes the play Pitt people to show up. I know I don’t have to click on them, but it’s like the car accident you don’t want to look at but do anyway.

Please don’t bring up Pitt. That usually causes the play Pitt people to show up. I know I don’t have to click on them, but it’s like the car accident you don’t want to look at but do anyway.
Agreed, not necessary. Just point out all of those top offers and leave it at that. Don't need to be petty.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
This is a HUGE pick up for us! He is the #14 DT on the 247 Composite rankings, #92 nationally and a 95 rating. High 4 star. He is right behind Umeh who we lost to Stanford.

The crystal balls are saying we will get T.A. Cunningham, #30 DT out of Miami who anounces tomorrow. A solid 4 star also, although lower at 92 but still a very good player.

We are also still in the running for Ernest Willor out of Towson MD who is a high 4 star, #11 DT, 96 composite on 247. Although the rumor is the staff is not that high on Willor for some reason. Probably will be tough to get him but we will see.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Could be Grades with Willor...just what I think, not what I know
That is a reasonable guess. If it was a culture fit or bad attitude or whatever then I highly doubt he would still be this serious about us at this stage. In that case, the staff would have told him that and he would focus elsewhere.

FWIW according to 247 Composite PSU is now rated 4th in the BiG and 13th in the country for average rating:

OSU 93.3
USC 91.8
UM 90.8
PSU 90.6 (I'd call it pretty much even with UM)

Last edited:
This is a HUGE pick up for us! He is the #14 DT on the 247 Composite rankings, #92 nationally and a 95 rating. High 4 star. He is right behind Umeh who we lost to Stanford.

The crystal balls are saying we will get T.A. Cunningham, #30 DT out of Miami who anounces tomorrow. A solid 4 star also, although lower at 92 but still a very good player.

We are also still in the running for Ernest Willor out of Towson MD who is a high 4 star, #11 DT, 96 composite on 247. Although the rumor is the staff is not that high on Willor for some reason. Probably will be tough to get him but we will see.
I didnt realize Cunningham was rated that high. Did he just get a ranking bump?

Reactions: bdgan
True but we have 23 commits. Other schools will pass us when they add more. For example Alabama only has 18 commits,
You are not going to finish top 5 until they get NIL finished and that will be another 2 to 3 years at the fastest...finishing 8th to 12th is the best they can do, and I think they're doing a phenomenal job considering they are nowhere near the top 25 in terms if NIL dollars.

Finishing 8th to 12th every season until then is a giant middle finger to Jay and Lubrano, and I LOVE IT.

• Angry
Reactions: MacNit07
You are not going to finish top 5 until they get NIL finished and that will be another 2 to 3 years at the fastest...finishing 8th to 12th is the best they can do, and I think they're doing a phenomenal job considering they are nowhere near the top 25 in terms if NIL dollars.

Finishing 8th to 12th every season until then is a giant middle finger to Jay and Lubrano, and I LOVE IT.
We weren't Top 5 before NIL so...

Huge huge fan of this kid. Love the willingness of PSU’s coaching staff openness to allowing players to try their preferred position. I personally like the kid as an interior offensive lineman. But let’s see what he’s got on the defensive side.

Huge huge fan of this kid. Love the willingness of PSU’s coaching staff openness to allowing players to try their preferred position. I personally like the kid as an interior offensive lineman. But let’s see what he’s got on the defensive side.
I mean its kind of a common sense recruiting strategy if you ask me.

In watching Andrews film his play at DE/DT really jumped out to me. He looks like he could be either a 5 or 3 technique. He has speed and uses his hands well rushing the passer. I would love to see him as a 6’5” 275 lb. DE not only being an edge rusher, but stout against the run. We seem to have gone for smaller edge type DEs that struggle against the run. Andrews most likely grows into a 300 lb. DT which is where he’ll be needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT