ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

I guarantee you if Micic didn't weigh in, it would have been out before his first match let alone by now after he won.

20-yr old Tazhudinov with a first period pin for 97 kg 1st place!
gorilla hurrying GIF

Anyone think Tazhudinov could grow into a 125Kg wrestler? has a pretty big frame. His hamstrings are ridiculous.

Reactions: goldenanimal
Dominate performance by USA! I feel like Gilman and Burroughs would have scored some points aswell but that's a woulda coulda scenario. Very impressive all around

Thanks tikk. Someone else mentioned that falls and technical superiority wins don't add to team scores. So, for comparison, David Taylor had three falls and two technical superiority wins. Did David earn the standard 25 points for first place or 33 points for his combined three pins (+2+2+2 points) and his two technical superiority wins (+1+1)?
David earned 25 points, same as Vito and Zain. Dake earned 20 for silver while Snyder, Zahid, and Parris earned 15 points each for bronze. Nick Lee earned 8 points for 7th place which made the Team USA total 148

David earned 25 points, same as Vito and Zain. Dake earned 20 for silver while Snyder, Zahid, and Parris earned 15 points each for bronze. Nick Lee earned 8 points for 7th place which made the Team USA total 148
If falls and technical superiority wins don't translate to higher team scores, is the reason for differentiating them so that they can be used as a tiebreaker in case there is a tied team score?

If falls and technical superiority wins don't translate to higher team scores, is the reason for differentiating them so that they can be used as a tiebreaker in case there is a tied team score?
Yes, that's correct. The top 10 places score points for their country. Nick scored us 8 points, placing 7th, for example.

I don't get all of the yammer about Micic weighing in. Losing all of that weight is too hard and prevents atheletes from operating at optimum efficiency. Imagine how much better the sport will be if the night before a match, rather than spitting in a cup, sauna cycles, and laxatives, wrestlers just go out and get an XL pizza.

Weighing in is a micro aggression, and descriminatory against the tall, the fat, or both.

I hope this catches on, and in the future officials just use the "eye test" to pair wrestlers up.

Reactions: danoftw
Honestly guys. This isn't something I just made up myself to discredit Stevan. Just passing along information I heard from a Team USA official. Like I said, hope i'm wrong. But I don't think its actually that bad of an ask considering he wrestled 65kg at Euros.

This is wrestling DISCUSSION board. The good, the bad, the rumors. That's what we do here. This ain't the NYT.
well, we can always reference Kolat's international career....

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
Kudos to team USA! Winning again is a strong endorsement for USA Wrestling and how strong our program is now. I agree that Burrough and Gilman would have likely done better but our guys need to show up and perform at the World Team trials and unfortunately neither of these guys put their best foot forward IMHO this year. I sure wish the Olympics would go back to 10 weight as our depth is really good right now.

Last edited:
Tazhudinov is a monster. A Sadulaev rematch in Paris is my most anticipated match.
Is that match going to happen? I thought the Russian team wasn’t going to be allowed to compete at the Olympics. I hope they are allowed because I’m with you. That is a match that needs to happen again

Reactions: Split shot
Anyone think Tazhudinov could grow into a 125Kg wrestler? has a pretty big frame. His hamstrings are ridiculous.
I wondered the same thing. He has a massive frame and still only 20 years old. Could definitely see him moving up at some point

Work has prevented me from watching the women but I am real happy for Jen Page. Prior to arriving at the NLWC she didn't look like a world medalist but she clearly put in the work, nice to see it pay off.
According to the announcer she has had three knee surgeries.

it was supposed to be in Russia this year but, b/c of the war, they had to find a replacement city. so they just went with the previous year's site. which is a great city/location imo.
It would be an even better venue if they would invest in scales for the wrestler weigh-ins.

200.gif

it was supposed to be in Russia this year but, b/c of the war, they had to find a replacement city. so they just went with the previous year's site. which is a great city/location imo.
Minus the crumbling concrete and lack of toilet paper & soap.. I heard the people are really friendly and the food is good. Big portions and low cost for what you get

SIAP, this is a pretty sweet video. Notably few NLWC guys interracting w/ the Flo guys, but still rad. Will check out the other days they did to. Kozak was a great hire by Flo, IMO.

i went last year and experienced none of that. the place was awesome.
The venue was in awful condition this year. Services were horrible as well. Didn't detract from the wrestling but bears mentioning. Belgrade is an ok city. The large pedestrian only section in the city center is fantastic.

Reactions: WildTurk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT