ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

I feel bad for Dake. I need a scoring sequence explanation from the first challenge. And the 2nd one 😆

The only big question left is if Sadulaev is going to wrestle tomorrow. I hope we get to see vs Kyle

Willie nailed it, mostly. But Sidakov got his hand raised.

totally disagree. sidakov outwrestled him the whole match. controlled center, got to legs more often, scored more efficiently, and was more creative. i think the correct score of that match is 10-5 at best for Dake. i could make a case for 12-4 (first push out was bogus based on how that is usually called)

DT and Sidakov have to be considered the top 2 p4p wrestlers in the world now right?
I don't know how Tazhudinov wouldn't be included in that conversation either after he just took out Snyder and Sadulaev both in the same tournament. Unreal!

I don't know how Tazhudinov wouldn't be included in that conversation either after he just took out Snyder and Sadulaev both in the same tournament. Unreal!
Tazhudinov looked incredible and beat 2 all timers but he lost to Baitsaev this year and doesn’t have the longevity of the others yet. I personally think DT is the best right now especially with Sidakov losing earlier this year as well. He wins when it counts though. With DT dominating the series against Yazdani I think sometimes we forget just how great Yaz is. If not for DT he could be one of the greatest ever. DT is just far and away the best at 86kg. The run he is on is something special

Tazhudinov looked incredible and beat 2 all timers but he lost to Baitsaev this year and doesn’t have the longevity of the others yet. I personally think DT is the best right now especially with Sidakov losing earlier this year as well. He wins when it counts though. With DT dominating the series against Yazdani I think sometimes we forget just how great Yaz is. If not for DT he could be one of the greatest ever. DT is just far and away the best at 86kg. The run he is on is something special
Yeah, what DT does to Yaz is otherworldly. It's crazy the way he can make a monster like Yaz look pedestrian. I would agree he's the p4p best in the world at this point. I had Sadulaev in that slot, but he did not look good in this tournament.

totally disagree. sidakov outwrestled him the whole match. controlled center, got to legs more often, scored more efficiently, and was more creative. i think the correct score of that match is 10-5 at best for Dake. i could make a case for 12-4 (first push out was bogus based on how that is usually called)
I'm not so sure we disagree that much. I do think Dake can make minor adjustments and change the outcome. But Sidakov did what he had to to win, and I don't think it was controversial. I think many of the scoring exchanges were on the edge of multiple different interpretations, and therefore qualified as a mess. I do like freestyle, but I hate how murky it can get.

(Psalm 1 guy) From a previous post of mine that I have updated: Since the 2016 Olympics Yazdani has lost five times with four Olympic and World titles. All of his losses during that span were to Taylor. Here is the breakdown for Yazdani:
2016-Olympic champion
2017-World champion
2018-Lost to Taylor in the opening round of the World Championships and ended up taking third
2019-World champion (Taylor was injured and did not compete)
2021 Lost to Taylor at the Olympics to take second
2021 World champion-beat Taylor
2022-Lost to Taylor at the World Championships to take second

2023-Lost to Taylor at the World Championships to take second

Were it not for Taylor, Yazdani would most likely be undefeated during this span, winning eight straight Olympic and World titles at the young age of 28. I wonder if Yazdani sees Taylor in his nightmares?

Last edited:
Which had nothing to do with the question.

Why do some people feel compelled to not give him credit for being a world champ?
It answered the question.

1. he wasn't the 1 seed at Worlds (earned through qualifying points)

2. He wasn't at the weight all year - in fact, he was TWO weight classes above.

3. I'm waiting on confirmation, but right now it's a completely justifiable ask from anybody with eyeballs and access to internet service.

It answered the question.

1. he wasn't the 1 seed at Worlds (earned through qualifying points)

2. He wasn't at the weight all year - in fact, he was TWO weight classes above.

3. I'm waiting on confirmation, but right now it's a completely justifiable ask from anybody with eyeballs and access to internet service.
How was being at a different weight at 2022 Euros the same year as 2021 Olympics?

BTW, his UWW record says he was at 57 kg in all of 2020 and 2021.

Why do some people feel compelled to not give him credit for being a world champ? This is frankly no different than Iowa fans claiming Taylor and Zain juiced. We should be better than that.

Like I said, I'm willing to recant once/if i find out that he made weight. And right now its a QUESTION. I'm not saying his win isn't real, or saying that he did cheat.

It just seems unreal for a guy to be up 2 weight classes and suddenly make weight and look completely unphased.

DT, the "Magic Man," is p4p #1. His only challenger is in the same room, Aaron Brooks. A college senior. Yet, he still hasn't done anything. Love this guy!

Reactions: vhsalum
How was being at a different weight at 2022 Euros the same year as 2021 Olympics?

BTW, his UWW record says he was at 57 kg in all of 2020 and 2021.
2023 Euros. THIS year. In APRIL. months after winning a bronze at 57 in Serbia.

And yeah. take a look at all those results at 57 from 2020 and 2021. And watch the matches.

hey. I'm willing to say it's possible he changed up his diet and figured it out. I'll know soon.

I'll also add, Cael has had a far bigger impact on wrestling after his wrestling career. Just amazing.

And yeah. take a look at all those results at 57 from 2020 and 2021. And watch the matches.

hey. I'm willing to say it's possible he changed up his diet and figured it out. I'll know soon.
But you are doing what the whackos on Hawkeye Report do to some of the Penn St guys (DT, Nickal, etc) when they try to say there is no human way they got that big etc and must be something fishy with no proof whatsoever. It seems like you are trying to get people riled up for some reason. Just answer this one thing, has any reputable wrestling journalist mentioned this anywhere Or are you just taking rumblings from random chat boards?

Reactions: El-Jefe

LOL, how exactly are **you** going to confirm he didn't weigh in?

Same way Vodka got Athletics Compliance officers to pick up the phone?

Reactions: Hotshoe and rmg78

If you're trying to be reasonable about this, you could consider waiting for whatever confirmation you expect to have soon before these kinds of allegations.

I'm not so sure we disagree that much. I do think Dake can make minor adjustments and change the outcome. But Sidakov did what he had to to win, and I don't think it was controversial. I think many of the scoring exchanges were on the edge of multiple different interpretations, and therefore qualified as a mess. I do like freestyle, but I hate how murky it can get.
Agree. Saw nothing that showed he can’t beat. Just got outwrestled thoroughly today. I’m not sure I understood his overall match plan. He let Sidakov dictate the flow of the match too much.

But you are doing what the whackos on Hawkeye Report do to some of the Penn St guys (DT, Nickal, etc) when they try to say there is no human way they got that big etc and must be something fishy with no proof whatsoever. It seems like you are trying to get people riled up for some reason. Just answer this one thing, has any reputable wrestling journalist mentioned this anywhere Or are you just taking rumblings from random chat boards?
The rumblings are from Team USA officials.

So back to Nick Lee… have you ever seen opponents at a world championship gas like his opponents? Must be hell to match his pace. He is fun to watch. Was it Shaq that labeled Tim Duncan “The Fundamental”? Applies to Nick Lee as a wrestler as well.

DT, the "Magic Man," is p4p #1. His only challenger is in the same room, Aaron Brooks. A college senior. Yet, he still hasn't done anything. Love this guy!
You know what's crazy though, I think Taylor backs off wrestling his own. I think Yaz would take Brooks apart. Jmo.
Taylor is a freak at this point. Favorite wrestler to watch.

Reactions: Zukovski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT