ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

I think Lee’s opponent is currently in college majoring in acting….currently working on the play “I need a Lunger”
Yeah…he tried to steal that with his lunger breaks. He looked super quick when he wanted to be. Impressed with Nick’s composure at the end there.

Reactions: Sullivan
Not sure what's going on with ARENA, but I can't get updated bout listings - please keep posting Mat assignments if you guys can!

My first thought was that it would stand as well. But I used Yianni as an example when it happened and it's still useful to demonstrate why it should be DT's points.

Yianni has amazing feel and if someone is in on his legs he'll wait for the exact moment before he's about to lose the position and try to initiate the turn himself, or at least appear to initiate the turn. His matches are always stopped to figure out who scored, usually when it's next to impossible to tell which wrestler initiated first.

I don't have the rulebook in front of me but I've always felt that if you're the wrestler in the defensive position there, it should be especially clear that you didn't merely jump into the driver's seat of a ride you had no choice in taking.

Sometimes it's clear, such as when the offensive wrestler loses their hold midway through, a strong indication that they didn't mean to take that ride.

Now look at the replay: DT never loses the hold, nor did he change direction. He did what he meant to do.

Where it's difficult to ascertain which wrestler initiated first, I think ties should "go to the runner," i.e., the offensive wrestler.
UWW issued an explanation—Iran must’ve been hot.

Sadulaev three matches up on Mat A. Nick Lee is next up on B, followed immediately on Mat B by Snyder.

UWW issued an explanation—Iran must’ve been hot.

In the world of touch falls, that's a pin when Yazdani releases the hold and Taylor pushes back thru with his legs.

Not that (1) the ref was in position to call it, (2) any ref ever would. But Yazdani was stacked momentarily.

Would've been hilarious if they had called the pin on replay.

Takedown Amouzad - Underhook Throw-By limp arm

2-0 Amouzad.

Lee taking ground now! This could be a good sign for the 2nd period.

As I type that - Amouzad with another score, same way.

4-0 Amouzad at the end of the first

Reactions: backdrft76
Nick Boone Lee vs Amouzadkhali (Iran)
  • Amouzad is a very long 65kg.
  • Nick warned for passivity, there's only been handfighting so far
  • Amouzad with the takedown off a throw by that Nick defended with a whizzer, Nick trails 2-0
  • Same position, same result 4-0
  • Break
  • Nick reaching for legs but not getting a hold of anything.
  • Same throw by, same result 6-0
  • Step out, 7-0
  • 1:05 remaining
  • Nick trying to make offense off of some chaos and level changes but not happening
  • Nick goes upper body and gets a HUGE four; Amouzad looked nearly pinned (replay strongly supports that he was) but he recovers. Nick tries to run an arm bar but he won't get it in time. Amouzad wins 7-4 and looks exhausted, Nick had to help him up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT