ADVERTISEMENT

2021 World Championships

Doesn’t genuine asking mean ignorance?

If you already know the answer, the question would not be as genuine. :)
You’re correct. I should clarify:

normally, my shtick is being ignorant for ignorance’s sake and humor.

now, I’m just genuinely ignorant.

must be a UWW thing. Kinda weird that everything is in English. Don’t get me wrong, it makes my life easier and I ain’t lobbying to change it. Just struck me after watching a zillion world tournaments, this morning.

Reactions: SRATH and Dogwelder

must be a UWW thing. Kinda weird that everything is in English. Don’t get me wrong, it makes my life easier and I ain’t lobbying to change it. Just struck me after watching a zillion world tournaments, this morning.
Not sure how many households in Russia or Iran have TV. That might be part of it too.

Long ago, the Olympic Committee chose 2 official language: English, thanks the Brittish and American Empires, it was most spoken worldwide, and French because IOC scumbags are mostly French (and there are a lot of french speakers in Africa too).. UWW may have done the same, I dunno.

Last edited:
Yo, do they speak English in Kyrgyzstan? Why are their national team uniforms written in English?I notice a lot of teams are that way.

again, not being ignorant… genuinely asking.
English =the international language of business, science, and media. I worked in the US for a French company (vaccine production). I’d go over to Paris or Lyon and they would run all the meetings in English except the ones in the production suites. It was the same in Germany, Jordan, Japan, & China. All the people I worked alongside said that they watched a lot of US TV and studied English in primary school.

That Miracle Finals match is what makes me hate Freestyle. 100% of the points decide by the ref. Nearly every call the mat ref and the table had different opinions on the scoring. They wanted the Stan wrestler to win and she did.

Reactions: creamery freak
That Miracle Finals match is what makes me hate Freestyle. 100% of the points decide by the ref. Nearly every call the mat ref and the table had different opinions on the scoring. They wanted the Stan wrestler to win and she did.
Yep not one TD attempt by her opponent.

*sigh*

the ref didn't drop sledgehammer hips on Miracle and tilt her over. Her 2x world champion opponent did.

Reactions: tikk10
*sigh*

the ref didn't drop sledgehammer hips on Miracle and tilt her over. Her 2x world champion opponent did.

During 2022 Big Tens, watch.

Maybe we will start butting into threads how certain wrestlers should be put on shot clocks for hanging on the edge, or how refs should be awarding step-out points, or wrestlers should be awarded 4 points for feet-to-back takedowns.

Maybe we will start butting into threads how certain wrestlers should be put on shot clocks for hanging on the edge, or how refs should be awarding step-out points, or wrestlers should be awarded 4 points for feet-to-back takedowns.
"Starocci kept his head buried. He should have been on the clock."

Willie is really going off on twitter about RWF getting a trophy, despite UWW's previous rulling they'd be ineligible for such. It's compelling reading, if you're so inclined to track it down.

we could nit picking iowa wrestlers......, oh, wait ;).

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
nd French because IOC scumbags are mostly French
Don't get me started on the French again!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
QUITE A FEW SHITTY CALLS IN THIS TOURNEY AS USUAL FOR FREESTYLE!

Long ago, the Olympic Committee chose 2 official language: English, thanks the Brittish and American Empires, it was most spoken worldwide, and French because IOC scumbags are mostly French (and there are a lot of french speakers in Africa too).. UWW may have done the same, I dunno.

English =the international language of business, science, and media. I worked in the US for a French company (vaccine production). I’d go over to Paris or Lyon and they would run all the meetings in English except the ones in the production suites. It was the same in Germany, Jordan, Japan, & China. All the people I worked alongside said that they watched a lot of US TV and studied English in primary school.
Thank you. Lots of knowledge on this board!

Willie is really going off on twitter about RWF getting a trophy, despite UWW's previous rulling they'd be ineligible for such. It's compelling reading, if you're so inclined to track it down.
I don't understand his fixation honestly. Should they have gotten the physical trophy? Probably not since they were forced to compete as "RWF." Does that really matter? No. Would anybody here really consider the USA champions this year knowing they scored fewer points than the 10 Russians? The Russians were the best team there this year and whether they got the official team title or not wouldn't change that.

I don't understand his fixation honestly. Should they have gotten the physical trophy? Probably not since they were forced to compete as "RWF." Does that really matter? No. Would anybody here really consider the USA champions this year knowing they scored fewer points than the 10 Russians? The Russians were the best team there this year and whether they got the official team title or not wouldn't change that.
Wtf… my gif shows up when I’m writing my post, but not after posting?
giphy.webp

• Angry
Reactions: 82bordeaux
It doesn't matter man, it's just the Willie show. I like it, but I recognize it's not for everyone. And I do think he has a point that if the punishment for state-sponsored systemic cheating is toothless to begin with, and then they don't even follow through with that, it is pretty well, pathetic.

Wtf… my gif shows up when I’m writing my post, but not after posting?
giphy.webp
If you want to see Crop’s gif, start to reply to it, and you will see it as you compose, but if and when you post, the wave function will collapse and the gif will disappear. Them’s the rules. Now I’m going back to try the trick on Bordeaux’s hidden gif. :)

Last edited:
The Russians getting the world team title or Iowa getting the NCAA title is almost the same thing to PSU fans. 😉

Yo, do they speak English in Kyrgyzstan? Why are their national team uniforms written in English?I notice a lot of teams are that way.

again, not being ignorant… genuinely asking.
You should see "Kyrgyzstan" written in Kyrgyzstanese. It's a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT