ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That isn't how that worked at all. I was simply allowing your example to speak for you. That's all.
Nature v nurture. You do not readily appear unintelligent. Nor incapable of using or following logic. The environment from the cess pool has apparently caused you some harm. There are several lawyers on here who could tell you if you have a case. I understand there is a slumlord hanging out on HR just trying to give money away.
I can consult one of the lawyers, but please consult a mental health professional yourself. The people on HR shouldn't be existing in your head in the manner that they do.
They way you constantly whine about us on here, and and on our board cannot be healthy.
Cheers

@nitlion6 vs. @Hawkeye4lifee:

glee-pillow-fight.gif

I can consult one of the lawyers, but please consult a mental health professional yourself. The people on HR shouldn't be existing in your head in the manner that they do.
They way you constantly whine about us on here, and and on our board cannot be healthy.
Cheers
Your board? The only thing I post on your board are painful facts like kids who want to win championships go to PSU, or Cornell or Ohio State. Who in their right mind would choose the Iowa wrestling room as the place to develop championship skills? Iowa's main selling point is history and fan support. You know, come to Iowa we used to be great and our fans still worship us.
On my board, go back and read your posts. On here you are a whiney little whatever. You show some, but relatively little interest in wrestling discussions. Your presence here seems to be as the protector of all that is holy in HRville.

Last edited:
This buying wrestlers is insane.
Promotes whoring, not loyalty.

Of course, everyone has a price, right?

More than that though, the rich get richer.
I guess you get what you pay for.

Like the Yankees.

This buying wrestlers is insane.
Promotes whoring, not loyalty.

Of course, everyone has a price, right?

More than that though, the rich get richer.
I guess you get what you pay for.

Like the Yankees.
You remember that 15-20 years ago PSU was not the powerhouse it is now PSU hired well and built a program that has won over donors and alumni support. Other schools have the same opportunities but haven't been willing or able to do the same.

Your board? The only thing I post on your board are painful facts like kids who want to win championships go to PSU, or Cornell or Ohio State. Who in their right mind would choose the Iowa wrestling room as the place to develop championship skills? Iowa's main selling point is history and fan support. You know, come to Iowa we used to be great and our fans still worship us.
On my board, go back and read your posts. On here you are a whiney little whatever. You show some, but relatively little interest in wrestling discussions. Your presence here seems to be as the protector of all that is holy in HRville.

That's an ABC response: Accurate, Brutal and Compelling.

Bravo.

So the Hawkeyes are the Yankees of NCAA wrestling? They revel in their past glory, try to buy relevance, and sell lots of hats.
Got it.
At beach last week …. in an older 2011 PSU wrestling t-shirt. Walking along …. I come across a guy in an Iowa wrestling t-shirt. We nod …. and then converse. The guy was decent like most Iowa residents. He professed to be mystified about what’s going on with TNT. I quote: “they have lost their way”. “they spend too much time jacking up the fan base and not enough time getting talented HS kids to invest 4 years in Iowa City”. The Iowa beach dude said that Iowas heavy reliance on the portal is evidence that TNT just can’t compete with PSU, the Bucknuts, and Cornell on the recruiting front. He would love to see a PSU coach come into their room …. but, TNT are “too proud” to seek improvement via a rival that they despise.

I certainly wouldn't quit on Facundo, but I have been driving the Mitchell Mesenbrink fan bus for quite some time. He is on a fast upward trajectory and was not pushed or forced into wrestling. He didn't have the amazing results in his early high school career and wasn't a huge name early like Facunda. I honestly believe he will be in the running for a national title right out of the gate. KOT and Carr are probably still a step ahead, but both are well aware of the fact that he is coming no matter the school. He could take an olympic redshirt and go to Mizzu and wrestle 165 when KOT moves up to 174, but it seems as though Cael has taken a shine and the feeling is mutual. He may not be at a need weight but he is the best guy in the portal this year and still has four years to compete. Just the opinion of an old has been, so there is that.
I'm bumping this and I apologize that people went on this thread thinking someone jumped in the portal.

I thought @James P. Whitters III was maybe being a little overhyped about Mesenbrink overall when he wrote this but .... wow.

JPW has an impressive crystal ball.

Mesenbrink just keeps getting better and better and better. Wait until he has a couple of years in Cael's room under his belt. Whether he red shirts or not there are at least a couple of national championships on that kid's future, maybe just maybe 4.

IMO the sacrificial lamb, and possible future portal won't be Facundo. Alex's under performing post season last year was a disappointment to all, but many have forgotten just how great he was coming into the program. I think his performance and the fresh competition in the room, lights a fire in his belly that will deliver. Plus, he is long and lean and another 10-15 lbs will fit nicely on that frame. 174 is his future, sooner rather than later.

The odd man out is most likely going to be Barr, boxed in between Facundo and Ryder. Just one man's opinion.

Last edited:
JPW has an impressive crystal ball.

Mesenbrink just keeps getting better and better and better. Wait until he has a couple of years in Cael's room under his belt. Whether he red shirts or not there are at least a couple of national championships on that kid's future, maybe just maybe 4.

IMO the sacrificial lamb, and possible future portal won't be Facundo. Alex's under performing post season last year was a disappointment to all, but many have forgotten just how great he was coming into the program. I think his performance and the fresh competition in the room, lights a fire in his belly that will deliver. Plus, he is long and lean and another 10-15 lbs will fit nicely on that frame. 174 is his future, sooner rather than later.

The odd man out is most likely going to be Barr, boxed in between Facundo and Ryder. Just one man's opinion.
Didn't he redshirt last year?

He wrestled in 2 dual meets last season. Under the minimum to redshirt. Which he did. He cannot redshirt again. He is eligible for an Olympic redshirt. But he 100% redshirted last season.

Humphreys has no basis for another year. It’s pretty clear he wrestled 4 years that counted. 19, 20, 22, 23. He wasn’t able to take advantage of the COVID year due injury but his eligibility definitely should be up. I’m sure he’ll appeal but don’t see how he gets another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT