ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Thread

I thought JLee had a pig-tail (rd of 64 match), but now he does not, his first match is bout 186. So Starocci will be our first guy up -- bout #78 vs a Citadel kid. Beard's first match is bout #233.

In every Flo broadcast I've watched it periodically jumps ahead a minute or two -- and there's no way to rewind live action that I've been able to find. Anyone else have this problem?

Gfeller makes his debut. Beats Herbert Edwards (#183 on wrestlestat) of Rider 3-0, not a very impressive showing though I only saw the last half. May be rust or just the first time back at 41 though.

Piccininni squeaks by unseeded Cain Fischer of Davidson 2-0 in the round of 64 (assuming Flo is correct).

Looks like Carter has 1st round/pigtail match (bout 78). Beard & Lee have byes.

Piccininni squeaks by unseeded Cain Fisher of Davidson 2-0 in the round of 64 (assuming Flo is correct).

He pinned him at a 2-0 score. Flo shows the score at the time, but have the type of decision (F in this case) over in the right box.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
No Boo Lewallen, not sure why. Takes some of the shine off of 149. Was looking forward to him against Alirez.

News flash for those of you that are as slow as I am. You can stream to your TV using the Flo app that I just finally decided to download. I don't have to do it from my laptop anymore. YEA!

Piccininni squeaks by unseeded Cain Fischer of Davidson 2-0 in the round of 64 (assuming Flo is correct).
Flo is correct, and Picc had an 18 second fall. If you're looking at the bracket, it shows the score at the time of the fall. To the right is "F", then underneath is the time of the fall.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
He pinned him at a 2-0 score. Flo shows the score at the time, but have the type of decision (F in this case) over in the right box.
Good catch. I knew that, but my brain is a bit “cloudy” today for some reason. :)

Starocci just demonstrated a hold on the ref (went upper body). It seemed amicable.

Carter Starocci, wearing Mark Hall's singlet
(Reminder: PSU scoring will be in CAPS, opponent scoring in small letters)

1st Period
TAKEDOWN 40 seconds into the bout, up 2-0
Gives up a penalty point, now 2-1
FALL at 1:06 in the first

LONG wait till Joe Lee's first bout (#186). Just guessing an hour and a half+, or thereabouts.

Also, Starocci is bout #203, and Beard is at #233, so it'll be Lee next, followed by Starocci's second bout, then Beard's first action.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT