ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Thread

JoJo Smith over Reiniche 9-3. Seemed like a tough match. Reiniche will be hard pressed to come back for 7th place.

Reactions: danoftw
JoJo Smith over Reiniche 9-3. Seemed like a tough match. Reiniche will be hard pressed to come back for 7th place.

Reiniche fought but never really threatened while I was watching. Smith spent a lot of time on top but couldn’t get a turn. Smith looked pretty good to my eye.

Reactions: osu2082
Fast work ... Why was their a penalty point ?
There was a penalty point due to an illegal hold. Didn't see it, as I was typing at the time.

EDIT: Went back and re-watched. Appeared to be locked hands, for only a split second, though it was hard to see. What followed was interesting, as Carter used the referee to show the position he was in, followed by the ref explaining why he called what he called. Been a long time since I saw anything like that...a wrestler demonstrating on a referee during a bout.

Last edited:
Carter Starocci, wearing Mark Hall's singlet
(Reminder: PSU scoring will be in CAPS, opponent scoring in small letters)

1st Period
TAKEDOWN 40 seconds into the bout, up 2-0
Gives up a penalty point, now 2-1
FALL at 1:06 in the first

LONG wait till Joe Lee's first bout (#186). Just guessing an hour and a half+, or thereabouts.
How many points do we get for LONG?

McGill from Chestnut Ridge just lost a scramble in SV to Scott from Rutgers.

Good question. Happened to fast as I missed the entire match. Came up quicker than I expected.

Meanwhile, Ruth on Mat 7 up big.
I missed it because Flo skipped ahead on me again. The first thing I saw was Carter demonstrating on the ref.

I missed it because Flo skipped ahead on me again. The first thing I saw was Carter demonstrating on the ref.
Is that happening on TV or computer? It happened to me a couple of times on the Roku app on TV. But, not seeing it happen on my computer today.

Carter Starocci, wearing Mark Hall's singlet
(Reminder: PSU scoring will be in CAPS, opponent scoring in small letters)

1st Period
TAKEDOWN 40 seconds into the bout, up 2-0
Gives up a penalty point, now 2-1
FALL at 1:06 in the first

LONG wait till Joe Lee's first bout (#186). Just guessing an hour and a half+, or thereabouts.

Also, Starocci is bout #203, and Beard is at #233, so it'll be Lee next, followed by Starocci's second bout, then Beard's first action.

Thanks Roar, you here both days?

Carter had a cross face in place while riding. Reached around, locked hands for the extra pull pressure and the ref called it. This has happened in the past and I bet if the coaches had been in the corner casey would have explained it to the ref.

(11:57am) Highest bout number being contested is 117. Probably another hour or so till we see Joe Lee, unless there's a bunch of falls.

Carter had a cross face in place while riding. Reached around, locked hands for the extra pull pressure and the ref called it. This has happened in the past and I bet if the coaches had been in the corner casey would have explained it to the ref.

Are you saying it should have been allowed as part of a pinning combi?

False

Try not to chase me around the boards so much in 2020
boardS....not accurate once again. Are you ever going to be right about something.

Besides I just want you to go off so you can get banded. Getting you to tHR martyr status might be my goal for the new year and I'm really thinking your a very willing participant in that effort.

boardS....not accurate once again. Are you ever going to be right about something.

Besides I just want you to go off so you can get banded. Getting you to tHR martyr status might be my goal for the new year and I'm really thinking your a very willing participant in that effort.

Maybe one night Turk won’t take his prescribed meds and drink heavy like his friend Grip, that proved to be a winning pinning combination for us

Reactions: dunkej01
Thats Sam Herring. Has a podcast called Home Mat Advantage. I think he’s in 8th grade. He wrestles for DTs club. Great kid. Very good announcer. Will be working for Flo one day
I could be wrong, but I think it’s only Sam’s podcast mate, Jude Swisher, who trains at M2. I don’t think Sam lives in Pennsylvania

Reactions: jtothemfp
Midlands was pretty lame this year. Its an insult to keep saying how Iowa broke point records this year. The Midlands were ten times as tough 5 years ago.:rolleyes:

Is that happening on TV or computer? It happened to me a couple of times on the Roku app on TV. But, not seeing it happen on my computer today.
Always no the computer, it happened at Bill Farrell, Black Knight Invite, Sen. Nats., and now SoScuff.

Glad to see U.Ark Little Rock has a team. I didn't know that. More teams from the south is a good thing IMHO. [Edit, I see someone beat me to the punch -- again. ;) ]

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT