ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

I TOLD YOU SO! That's for every O$U troll. Urban NEVER stops recruiting a kid because of character. This crap that they voluntarily backed off recruiting a five star kid didn't pass the smell test.
You mean the way some Penn State fans attacked Parsons' character and maturity after he decommitted. Not trying to defend those OSU fans who have engaged in that and were obviously talking out of their azz, but I think if you scroll back through some of the 200+ pages of this thread, you will see similar points being made by PSU fans.

You mean the way some Penn State fans attacked Parsons' character and maturity after he decommitted. Not trying to defend those OSU fans who have engaged in that and were obviously talking out of their azz, but I think if you scroll back through some of the 200+ pages of this thread, you will see similar points being made by PSU fans.

There has been plenty of evidence that suggests Parson's was (is?) immature.

There was no evidence that tO$U stopped recruiting him because of past issues.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
Another dumb post that misses the point. PSU staff never stopped recruiting Micah. The facts are OSU had to stop because of a recruiting violation. End of argument. Who cares what the fans say about Micah.

Last edited:
More sour grapes.......

UPDATE (10 a.m. ET, Tuesday): A source at Ohio State tells us that the NCAA violations are not really why the Buckeyes put the brakes on the Micah Parsons' recruitment.

"We weren’t going to recruit him subsequently anyway because of all his past issues," the source told Bucknuts. "The incident with GameDay alone by no means prevented us from still recruiting him."
That must be why Urban Meyer sent Parsons a text to clear the air and announce intentions to continue recruiting him after the twitter controversy.

O$U turning itself in? How comical is that story... and so bloody arrogant by them to make up such tale. He was practically delivered to the GameDay set. What did they think would happen? O$U is on a great run lately and good for them. It won’t last long and Urbie and Herbie know where the threat is coming by from and it’s not to their north.

More sour grapes.......

UPDATE (10 a.m. ET, Tuesday): A source at Ohio State tells us that the NCAA violations are not really why the Buckeyes put the brakes on the Micah Parsons' recruitment.

"We weren’t going to recruit him subsequently anyway because of all his past issues," the source told Bucknuts. "The incident with GameDay alone by no means prevented us from still recruiting him."

Parsons "personal" issues were well known for 2 years while OSU recruited him HARD to get him to flip. We're to believe they suddenly became an issue in early September this year? Coincidentally after he hit send on his Barrett/Haskins tweet the same day they violated NCAA rule regarding his recruitment? Sure....that makes sense.

Parsons "personal" issues were well known for 2 years while OSU recruited him HARD to get him to flip. We're to believe they suddenly became an issue in early September this year? Coincidentally after he hit send on his Barrett/Haskins tweet the same day they violated NCAA rule regarding his recruitment? Sure....that makes sense.

Ohio State writers would come off a lot better if they just stfu about kids that don't end up there. What a coincidence this story drops the day before Parsons is going to choose another school over the Buckeyes. Just like the story about Emory Jones not receiving a LOI to sign tomorrow. OSU simply can't admit that sometimes you don't get a recruit that you are targeting.

Sorry to interrupt the flatulence but in case anyone's interested, I posted earlier that Emory Jones, the high 4 Star Quarterback for Ohio State seems to have decommitted from TOSU. Kind of going under the radar right now because 247 has downgraded his status from a commit to a soft commit rather than a decommit. Interesting, because soft commit doesn't seem to be a category available to any other schools on the 247 site.
Eleven Warriors. More confirmation.

MOD
17 HOURS AGO
Oweh is faxing his LOI on Weds. Announcing after. But the school that gets him will know Weds.
Judge.. am I reading this correctly that EW Mod is claimimg that Oweh is going to sign with them?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Judge.. am I reading this correctly that EW Mod is claimimg that Oweh is going to sign with them?[/QUOTE]

I am reading the emphasis to be that Oweh will quietly sign with his leader (either PSU or OSU) tomorrow.

actually not true..most high schools here in Va have began ending semesters before Christmas break.
That's funny...I just checked 4 County Schools (random selection) and all of those schools show the calendar for 2nd period (1st semester) ending in mid to late January. Why bother to type BS?

Fairfax County: https://www.fcps.edu/calendars/2017-2018-calendar
Virginia Beach County http://www.vbschools.com/calendar/index.asp
Loudon County https://www.lcps.org/cms/lib/VA01000195/Centricity/Domain/4/2017 18 Student Calendar.pdf
Richmond County https://www.rcboe.org/Page/2

Maybe my sample size of 4 isn't large enough?

Another dumb post that misses the point. PSU staff never stopped recruiting Micah. The facts are OSU had to stop because of a recruiting violation. End of argument. Who cares what the fans say about Micah.

It will be even sweeter when MP sacks their next QB to close out a PSU win.....

LOL. I have no doubt something occurred, but it must be pretty big for Urbs to stop while everyone else was still on him. Some high level BS being put out here.
Very. And at least this story helps explain why Carman was still recruited while Parsons and Brutus were dropped.

That's funny...I just checked 4 County Schools (random selection) and all of those schools show the calendar for 2nd period (1st semester) ending in mid to late January. Why bother to type BS?

Fairfax County: https://www.fcps.edu/calendars/2017-2018-calendar
Virginia Beach County http://www.vbschools.com/calendar/index.asp
Loudon County https://www.lcps.org/cms/lib/VA01000195/Centricity/Domain/4/2017 18 Student Calendar.pdf
Richmond County https://www.rcboe.org/Page/2

Maybe my sample size of 4 isn't large enough?

well there are 95 counties in va and therefore 95 school districts, most start school the first week of August now so that the semesters end before christmas break. You picked four of the largest counties in Va that start after labor day. So yeah, your sample size of 4 out of 95 is too small. idiot

Posted this morning to watch for this as a sign they arent getting Oweh. The Elevenwarriors posters are doing their best to talk him up. They almost sound like Lair posters.

Pretty shocking. Only has 4 to 6 offers according to 247 and Rivals. WVU, Akron, Eastern Kentucky, Iowa State, Virginia, Ohio State.

Half the Ohio State posters have a graduate degree in Math to determine their 247 team composite score to the 3rd decimal. Then they turn around and say stars don't matter for a kid like this.

Posted this morning to watch for this as a sign they arent getting Oweh. The Elevenwarriors posters are doing their best to talk him up. They almost sound like Lair posters.

It's not like this kid had an offer for the past year, and with a late push flipped. OSU obviously had higher rated prospects on their mind. If not for the early signing period, this kid does not get his offer until late January.

Reactions: CappyToCJF
Tomorrow should be fun...strap on your fax machines!
Curious, can you scan and email your commitment as well or does it have to be by fax?

Early signing has helped Urb identify his plan B DE's early. At least WVU has time to look at pitt commits to flip one of them.... if Duzzy has any....

Tomorrow should be fun...strap on your fax machines!
Curious, can you scan and email your commitment as well or does it have to be by fax?
Or better yet e-signature? Faxes are from the stone age and waste paper.

Another reminder: please limit posts to recruiting information. I'm tired of having to clean this thread up from arguments between just a few posters.
An argument isn't just a contradiction

Sorry Tom. I just couldn't resist. You can remove this post (along with all of the inevitible "Yes it is" responses)

Listened to Phil's show last night siap.
1. Said we should sign 22 tomorrow.
2. 1 is going to sign but announce Jan 4 ( prob Oweh).
3. Dotson most likely to us with coaching change at UCLA
4. Will have the best WR & TE class in the nation.
5. Doing well in recruiting in all areas, could have used i more LB.
6. Michigan not signing anyone from Ohio again, had 2 Heisman winners from there.
7. 2 Mich. QB's might balk, due to Shea signing.
8. Smith will sign with Osu

Reactions: grinagrin
Not exactly useless. if he is taking a full schedule of core courses he potentially could replace 3 credits of C's/D's in his core GPA with A's. This could bring his core GPA up as much as .5 if some were D's. That could be enough based on his SAT score to qualify.

Provided that those mid-year As remain As at the end of the year, which is the only thing that matters. BTW do you know what his test score is?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT