ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 BWI Last Man Standing Contest

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Sorry for being so tardy in getting to this. We're less than a week away from the 1st PSU dual. Oh well, better late than never.

It's time to start thinking about the BWI Last Man Standing (LMS) contest.
As a review for those that participated in the past two years, and as information for those that want to join the competition this year, here's how the competition works:

1. each contestant would enter 2 D1 college wrestlers, a primary and a backup
2. your primary, and your backup, are the wrestler you think will go the farthest in the season without a loss

The rules would be as follows:

1. neither of your choices can have AAed (been an All-American) in any prior college season
2. your entrants will be out if a) they lose, forfeit, or default; b) they do not compete in a dual or tournament in which 5 starters from their team compete
3. your two entrants can not be the same college wrestler
4. you can not pick the same two wrestlers, in the same order (primary and backup) as someone who has already entered a selection (if you pick 1. Jim Smith & 2. Joe Jones, somebody else can pick 1. Joe Jones, and 2. Jim Smith)
5. the only competitions that count are against D1 wrestlers. As such, a loss to a non-D1 wrestler by an entrant would not knock you out

Your primary entrant would be key. If your primary entrant loses, forfeits, or defaults, etc., and any other player has their primary entrant still undefeated, you would be out of the contest. If multiple folks have the same primary, and he's the last primary to lose, then the contest comes down to which backup is the last to lose.

A few additional rules:
- entries will be posted in a separate thread, starting on 11/8, around noon (I'll give a specific time in a subsequent post), and they will end at noon pm EST on 11/11.
- matches in the NWCA All-Star Classic do not count in the contest
- early season tournaments, when teams are still fiddling with their rosters, do not count in terms of if an entrant does not participate (and 5 other starters do) it's considered a loss. The Cliff Kean LV tournament is the first tournament that will count. Note: if one of your entrants does participate in an early tournament, and loses to a D1 wrestler, then that does count as a loss
- if an entrant's team is in a one-day, multiple duals situation, they can miss ONE of the duals and not have it count as a loss or not wrestling. However, if they miss TWO of the duals on the day, then that entrant will have a loss.

Got all that? I hope I made it pretty clear. If you have questions, post them.

Also, this is not restricted to PSU fans. The only requirement is that you have to have posted on this board at least one time to be eligible to participate in the BWI LMS contest.

And to review, histone won the initial BWI LMS contest in the 2016-17 season, and dsauer22 won the contest last season. Both of these contests lasted longer than I had expected. dsauer22 did not win last year's contest until mid-February. Only time will tell how long this year's contest lasts.

DO NOT post your entries as responses in this thread. Those will go in a separate thread, which I'll start on 11/8.

Deleted mine as well...as it contained your picks. Hang on to them!!

I have been patiently waiting for this thread for a couple weeks. Wrestling season is officially here.

When on 11/8? Last year you gave us an approx time, I think noon.

From earlier in my post:

"- entries will be posted in a separate thread, starting on 11/8, around noon (I'll give a specific time in a subsequent post), and they will end at noon pm EST on 11/11."

My plan is to make a post around noon on 11/8 indicating that entries can now be made by contestants. I'll post a confirmation of the time in a post tomorrow morning.

From earlier in my post:

"- entries will be posted in a separate thread, starting on 11/8, around noon (I'll give a specific time in a subsequent post), and they will end at noon pm EST on 11/11."

My plan is to make a post around noon on 11/8 indicating that entries can now be made by contestants. I'll post a confirmation of the time in a post tomorrow morning.
I apologize for my poor reading comprehension performance there Tom. Appreciate all you do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT