ADVERTISEMENT

2 interviews this weekend

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
... what I am hearing is Will Stein and Bryan Ellis both interviewed this weekend...

Stein is OC at Oregon
Ellis is OC at Georgia Southern

I'm also hearing Mullen interviewed...

Hire will be done before December 4th because it HAS to be done for the portal so we can go get 3 wide receivers and a few O linemen.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil's Rug
Thoughts on these?
Only Stein is a home run. Mullen can be anything from Donovan to Moorhead who knows? Ellis is like a double, and would not make a difference in my opinion. I want someone proven, his resume is UTSA and Georgia Southern and that's not getting us to the next level. If you're going that way then Marion is a much better pick.

Stein is going to leave Oregon for the same position at PSU? I’m calling bullish**t on that one.

I'm not saying that's going to to happen, but it doesn't seem implausible. Even with Nike money, the Ducks don't have unlimited funds and aren't going to be making nearly as much as PSU in the Big Ten for a while. Looking at this for example for 2022 PSU had about $30M more in athletics revenue than Oregon.

Also, their expenses are about to go up with joining the Big Ten and more travel.

In 2019 he was an asst coach at a high school. What am I missing?

His predecessor got the Arizona State job after being Oregon OC for a year.

Does seem like he could be more in line for HC than lateral move, but who knows. I wonder if this is paywall info being shared early.

He turned Bo Nix into the Heisman winner. Craziest shit Ive ever seen.
Bo Nix vastly improved in 2022. This was prior to Stein. 2023 was a natural progression. Sorry, very hard pass. This guy has very little experience and what little experience he does have is in a conference with zero defense.

I really don't care who comes. As long as they have a good offensive mind that knows how to get the most potential out of the players on our roster is all that matters. Honestly, what else could be better?

Reactions: NedFromYork
... what I am hearing is Will Stein and Bryan Ellis both interviewed this weekend...

Stein is OC at Oregon

Hire will be done before December 4th because it HAS to be done for the portal so we can go get 3 wide receivers and a few O linemen.
Are these the names that Drew and Nick talked about with you around the thanksgiving dinner table. I know you said you guys were close. I think the Oregon guy would be a very nice hire.

Reactions: Phil's Rug
It is far more likely that Allar transfers to Oregon, or Michigan State given their recent hire, than Stein coming here.
It would make zero sense to go to MSU. Their roster is garbage and will continue to be bad throughout Allar's remaining eligibility.

Just a note of reference and this could have changed, but Franklin has been pretty adamant in the past that when he hires a coordinator he expects a minimum of 2 years of service. I know...I know, commitments in the big money world of college football don't mean much, but I'd be concerned with a young guy like this already receiving HC interest. I guess you can't win with coordinators, if they perform at a high level; they're gone, if they don't; they're gone.

It would make zero sense to go to MSU. Their roster is garbage and will continue to be bad throughout Allar's remaining eligibility.
Other than Allar, Singleton and Allen, our offensive roster is garbage as well with Johnson, Warren and Olu all gone. They do have better receivers and a better tight end than we do.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
Shouldn't hire anyone until after the New Year to allow for these coaches to finish out the year with their current team. And bringing in players from the transfer portal? No thanks.

Stein is OC at Oregon

Lmao Stein

Reactions: wilbury
There's zero chance of Stein. Allar following him could be countless things including a possible camp they may both be at. Kids follow coaches and players and random people all the time without reason--he's probably following thousands of people

Except that you're ignoring Drew and Nick releasing a definitive statement on the matter on social media. And they were quite unequivocal on the matter.
And we all know that teenage kids never make “definitive statements” then suddenly change their minds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT