ADVERTISEMENT

“Penn State hiring assistant vice president for diversity, inclusion, belonging”

All good points. It seems to me that it is merely a token or virtue signaling position to potential clients of the firm. I suppose it placates client/corporate demands on diversity and at minimum gives the appearance the firm is socially aligned with the culture and their clients. Just can't help but feel like there is a better more honest way of getting minorities integrated into corporate cultures, but I suppose that would require real thought and probably more time/$.

You mean like jobs and promotions. Perish the thought.

Reactions: ram2020
I wanna know when something going to be done for those of us who are vertically and follicly challenged. No one talks about how we are discriminated against and held up to ridicule. If something isn't done to compensate us for our life long suffering, we will be taking to the streets..........and no jokes about people not seeing us and getting run over.
Get lost!

Proof of the decades of discrimination. We deserve monetary compensation and corporate advancement or else.

There's no bigger scam right now than diversity and inclusion
oh yeah. Our organization is looking at various "partnering"opportunities with diversity oriented/SJ organizations. The orgs have totally monetized this, with a full schedule of "precious metal" tiers of sponsorship, most of which entail various ways that you can trade on their name. But of course, there is nothing measurable to using these relationships. It's just reputation laundering in advance, sort of like hiring George Mitchell, and on an industrial scale.

NATIONAL. SEARCH. o_O

This person will bring milk and cookies to students so they feel included.

I long to belong.
😓😓😓

PSU already has Bennett Pierce Center of Caring and Compassion.

When I was in college I wasted my time on things like calculus, programming, and economics. I didn't have anybody to run to if my feelings were hurt.

The Department of Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) in the College of Health and Human Development at The Pennsylvania State University, in coordination with the Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center, invites applications for a tenured or tenure track position, rank open. The position is accompanied by an Endowed Professorship in Compassion and Caring, and this faculty member will provide leadership in the Program on Empathy, Awareness and Compassion in Education (PEACE)

Michigan “has nearly 100 diversity administrators, more than 25 of them earning over $100,000 a year. Collectively, they cost the University of Michigan, with fringe benefits, about $11 million annually. Adding in other costs such as travel and office space expenses, the total cost rises to perhaps $14 million.”

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
There's no bigger scam right now than diversity and inclusion
Back when I worked as an engineer at the end of my first year there was opportunity for all of us first year people 2 apply within in our department for the position of a retiring African American engineer. There were five of us that came in together that first year. Two white males one white female one Hispanic male and one African-American male. The African American male and I became pretty good friends since we were both College athletes and enjoyed other similar interests. I can also tell you he took the most days off and came into work drunk numerous times. He got reprimanded a couple times but when it came time for them to pick the person for the promotion you can all guess who it went to.

Isn't hiring one AVP of diversity, inclusion and belonging oxymoronic? Shouldn't there be a bunch of them?

WTF is wrong with you Aardvark? Everybody deserves a trophy!
What would the person even do? Aren’t these HR responsibilities? Absolutely embarrassing Virtue signaling for Penn State. But par the the recent course.

Does this surprise you? More bureaucracy from Barron. They should be eliminating positions like this - instead PSU is adding. Just plain stupid and irresponsible considering the current vector Penn State is on.
I’m astounded by you’re comment. Don’t you realize that every ship of state needs an unqualified pilot to steer the craft onto the rocks when the captain is dining at the 24 buffet.

Back when I worked as an engineer at the end of my first year there was opportunity for all of us first year people 2 apply within in our department for the position of a retiring African American engineer. There were five of us that came in together that first year. Two white males one white female one Hispanic male and one African-American male. The African American male and I became pretty good friends since we were both College athletes and enjoyed other similar interests. I can also tell you he took the most days off and came into work drunk numerous times. He got reprimanded a couple times but when it came time for them to pick the person for the promotion you can all guess who it went to.
This is probably going to get ugly soon. But I have a gay friend with a PHD degree and several years of experience teaching at the university level. A university position became vacant in the fine arts department that was tailor made for him. Instead it was given to a gay African American with a master’s degree and less experience, but at a comparative salary. In a remarkable moment of honesty, one of the selection committee members privately divulged to him that wasn’t chosen, despite being more qualified, because he wasn’t both gay and a member of a minority group. The lesson I guess is that one must check all the boxes except experience and competency.

Reactions: bison13
This is probably going to get ugly soon. But I have a gay friend with a PHD degree and several years of experience teaching at the university level. A university position became vacant in the fine arts department that was tailor made for him. Instead it was given to a gay African American with a master’s degree and less experience, but at a comparative salary. In a remarkable moment of honesty, one of the selection committee members privately divulged to him that wasn’t chosen, despite being more qualified, because he wasn’t both gay and a member of a minority group. The lesson I guess is that one must check all the boxes except experience and competency.
Maybe one of the applicants will be Dave Joyner in a dress.

Inclusion? Inclusion of who? Remember Birds of A Feather Flock Together and that is always going to be the case. This is a waste of money.

😓😓😓

PSU already has Bennett Pierce Center of Caring and Compassion.

When I was in college I wasted my time on things like calculus, programming, and economics. I didn't have anybody to run to if my feelings were hurt.

The Department of Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) in the College of Health and Human Development at The Pennsylvania State University, in coordination with the Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center, invites applications for a tenured or tenure track position, rank open. The position is accompanied by an Endowed Professorship in Compassion and Caring, and this faculty member will provide leadership in the Program on Empathy, Awareness and Compassion in Education (PEACE)

Holy horseshit. Please tell me that is from The Onion.

LOL. Just raise tuition to support more of these positions because Penn State’s tuition is so ridiculously low anyway and is such a great bargain as it is.

Holy horseshit. Please tell me that is from The Onion.
Sorry but it's true. His name is Robert Roeser.

I read an article in the Penn Stater about one of these classes where kids sat in a circle on the floor. Obviously they talked about how great the class was.

Sorry but it's true. His name is Robert Roeser.

I read an article in the Penn Stater about one of these classes where kids sat in a circle on the floor. Obviously they talked about how great the class was.

Wow. Pansies.

Reactions: bdgan
I was hoping that a phony job like this would be one of the casualties of no football revenue. This is reason 1 of about a million why it's time that these universities get "reimagined."
football revenue will not affect a job like this...OTOH when the college bubble finally bursts, and it will with declining enrollments, people less likely to get student loans, then BS jobs like this will be eliminated.

Son is in e-school at uva. First year they were told to separate themselves into diverse teams. Following instructions, son was only white male on his team. Which was composed ENTIRELY of kids from the northern Virginia suburbs.

Not sure you'll make the cut Bob. I understand you'll have to keep "hands off your self" for at least 30 minutes after you're introduced to hours of sexual explicit dialogue, pictures and videos.
Good luck

Never mind. 😞

NATIONAL. SEARCH. o_O

This person will bring milk and cookies to students so they feel included.

I long to belong.
I've read your posts for the past month or so. Same old, same old. You must have loved it back in the 50's. That doesn't mean I agree with the decision, but your response to most of today's complex situations is usually devoid of much compassion, understanding or thought. Things were so much better when people unlike you or me "knew their place" .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bison13
I've read your posts for the past month or so. Same old, same old. You must have loved it back in the 50's.
Defend this pap all you want (while insulting those that realize it is just that - pap). PSU can't afford it. PSU doesn't need it. But PSU is gonna get it, aren't they? Just like the Fentanyl Scholarship.

Reactions: Ski
Defend this pap all you want (while insulting those that realize it is just that - pap). PSU can't afford it. PSU doesn't need it. But PSU is gonna get it, aren't they? Just like the Fentanyl Scholarship.

I know. I get it. I think these diversity, inclusion, compassion, and caring positions are f*cking stupid. The obvious conclusion is I’m RACIST. o_O .

I know. I get it. I think these diversity, inclusion, compassion, and caring positions are f*cking stupid. The obvious conclusion is I’m RACIST. o_O .
We had sinsemilla back in the day. Beats Ritalin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT