ADVERTISEMENT

“Barbour a finalist for Sports Business Journal's Athletic Director of the Year”

That article is kinda amusin. When Annie won her first NACDA ADA of the year award at Cal, their grad rates were in the tank.

Anyway, still waitin ta hear a status report on the progress of the facilities master plan.Probably gonna be sometime after the award banquet. They better have plenty of onion dip fer Fats.

Reactions: cment and Sharkies
That article is kinda amusin. When Annie won her first NACDA ADA of the year award at Cal, their grad rates were in the tank.

Anyway, still waitin ta hear a status report on the progress of the facilities master plan.Probably gonna be sometime after the award banquet. They better have plenty of onion dip fer Fats.

I just had an idea (savor the moment because this only happens every 8-10 years). How about a bunch of us get together and create our own athletic director of the year award. We'll call it the Uncle Fester Athletic Director of the Year Award, or UFADYA (has a nice ring, don't it?) for short. We'll issue a press release announcing the finalists and it will appear everywhere...or at least, fer sure, on PSU's website. We'll hold the banquet at the McKees Rocks Eatn Park and GLOV will MC. Alas, I'm not sure that the place will allow us to bring in out own onion dip.

I'm 100% in favor of her winning this- whatever it is. The meltdown here will be worth the price of admission, for sure.

One man's meltdown is another man's slapstick. The BWI/McAndrew Board: where comedy and tragedy intersect.

Being critical and satirizing is easy and maybe fun to do but to the rest of the world it doesn't look like a bad record. Now we can debate how much she had to do with the success but anything that paints PSU in a positive light nationally is a good thing. I for one was quite concerned given her athletes academic record before getting here but so far so good. Again we can debate how much she is responsible for it but in the end she is the boss.

What is this award? Is it like a participation trophy that everyone gets? Or is it like the Oscars where there are four and a half million categories of awards most of which are meaningless?

I have a lot of problems with what Sandy Barbour does. However, I do not think making fun of her weight is appropriate. She has lost a lot of weight since coming to Penn State, and I think she should be commended for that.

What is this award? Is it like a participation trophy that everyone gets? Or is it like the Oscars where there are four and a half million categories of awards most of which are meaningless?

Is Barbour a SNOWFLAKE. :eek: ?

I have a lot of problems with what Sandy Barbour does. However, I do not think making fun of her weight is appropriate. She has lost a lot of weight since coming to Penn State, and I think she should be commended for that.

Have you ever tried competing with Frau Barron at the buffet line?

I think Art was referring to her boss, the buffet slayer.

I've never seen an AD that sucks up the pr like Sandy. I guess that is the new Kardashian way

Does she look like she is actively pursuing the PR? I've never heard of the award in the subject line, but do you think she contacted them and pleaded for a nomination? Does she have a staff doing this for her? :eek:

Reactions: mn78psu83
Does she look like she is actively pursuing the PR? I've never heard of the award in the subject line, but do you think she contacted them and pleaded for a nomination? Does she have a staff doing this for her? :eek:

Who knows? Sports Business Daily/Journal is pretty much a trade publication, with circulation concentrated among professional athletic department staff. It's own staff is largely drawn from people who preciously wrote for small local weeklies. So if you want an award where the selectors come from the Monroeville Pennysaver, have at it.

As an aside, the publication is more than occasionally referred to as SBD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT