ADVERTISEMENT

‘Bama students hosting COVID parties

There are many that would suggest thatcthat PA is not much better... just sayin
As James Carville once said re: Pennsylvania. Large city in the western part of the state; large city in the east, and Alabama in between. A simplification, but true in some respects.

As James Carville once said re: Pennsylvania. Large city in the western part of the state; large city in the east, and Alabama in between. A simplification, but true in some respects.
And you could say something similar about a lot of states (like NY for example).

Maybe they can invite Paul Feinbaum to the party

Seriously I would love to hear his comments on this.

Reactions: Pizzaboy2
And you could say something similar about a lot of states (like NY for example).
Yes. I think Carville at the time was referring to voting patterns.
As an aside, you gotta worry just a little that this will become the new "thing to do" in this age group around the Country.

There are many that would suggest thatcthat PA is not much better... just sayin

I’m not saying Pa is the poster child for progressive and intelligent residents but we are certainly no Alabama. Not even close.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-s...-parties-infected-officials/story?id=71552514

“Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19. "They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."”

ZOMG NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! And I'll bet they weren't even wearing masks when trying to get it!!! Jerks!

A 21-year-old tested positive on Monday and died the next day. Scary and sad regardless, but I wonder how long he was sick and whether he had any underlying health problems.

"Penn State University says Juan Garcia started feeling sick while he was on campus in State College last month.

He went home to Allentown and tested positive on Monday."

I mean, they make it sound like he was sick for quite some time, but technically that description of when he started feeling sick doesn't really tell us much at all.

And it's crazy that he is the youngest Covid death in PA to date. When I watch and read Covid coverage, they make it seem like kids dying from it isn't all that unusual.

If there are a ton of asymptomatic people out there with damaged lungs as the study implies, I imagine there are a lot of seemingly-healthy young people who will have significant health issues down the road (and a lot of insurance companies worried about their future fiscal health). Not to turn this thread political, but the issue of pre-existing conditions might become more important than ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT