ADVERTISEMENT

Zain Train was definitely sick when he wrestled Sorensen

I don't know what that dead horse did to deserve this extra beating, but let's have some mercy.

Can we just accept that Sorensen wrestled really well against Zain and it resulted in one of the best matches of the season? No reason to take anything away from either wrestler, in my opinion.

We don't have to just accept it when the reality is Sorenson lost the week before that match to Collica and lost again last night. So whats more likely, that the entire weight class has closed the gap on Zain or that he was off that Friday night in Carver for some reason. Same thing happened last year against Rider. There is no reason to believe that Sorenson will push Zain like that again.

We don't have to just accept it when the reality is Sorenson lost the week before that match to Collica and lost again last night. So whats more likely, that the entire weight class has closed the gap on Zain or that he was off that Friday night in Carver for some reason. Same thing happened last year against Rider. There is no reason to believe that Sorenson will push Zain like that again.
For future reference us "non penn state fan" have to accept that every time zain has a close match or only wins by dec he must have the Flu. He clearly is not human

And fwiw Sorensen had the flu against Colica and again with Lugo last night. Maybe he had the anti Flu against The melon squeezer? We will never know:p

Gentlemen, gentlemen:

Can't we all just leave the excuses to Tan Tom?

The great thing about this is they will be wrestling soon enough. I hate when we get into something that won't occur for a while or can never been proven. My prediction is that Zain will win a controlled decision similar to their first meeting.

Last edited:
The great thing about this is they will be wrestling soon enough. I hate when we get into something that won't occur for a while or can never been proven. My prediction is that Zain will win a controlled decision similar to their first meeting.
I agree that this type of thing can't be proven, but Zain did make a statement about it, and he hardly seems like the type to lie about it.

The match I watched showed a different Sorenson. I admit that if Zain wasn't at 100% for whatever reason (environment) that it may have altered how Sorenson wrestled, but Sorenson appeared to be lighter on his feet this time.
As far as next time, I also expect Zain to be dominant. If there were adjustments, Zain will make some this time. Iowa will not be at home. Whatever confidence Sorenson had after the CHA match is probably gone now after yesterday. Entirely possible that they won't wrestle again, though not likely.

I agree that this type of thing can't be proven, but Zain did make a statement about it, and he hardly seems like the type to lie about it.

The match I watched showed a different Sorenson. I admit that if Zain wasn't at 100% for whatever reason (environment) that it may have altered how Sorenson wrestled, but Sorenson appeared to be lighter on his feet this time.
As far as next time, I also expect Zain to be dominant. If there were adjustments, Zain will make some this time. Iowa will not be at home. Whatever confidence Sorenson had after the CHA match is probably gone now after yesterday. Entirely possible that they won't wrestle again, though not likely.
Wrestlers lose their confidence after a tough loss in OT? Good thing guys like Molinaro, Mark Hall and David Taylor dont feel that way!

Reactions: liex26
Wrestlers lose their confidence after a tough loss in OT? Good thing guys like Molinaro, Mark Hall and David Taylor dont feel that way!
You are right, I shouldn't have said probably. Wrestlers can have confidence issues, even great ones. I meant only that I'm sure Sorenson even with a loss felt like he was closer to Zain than in the past. Then he loses to a guy with 7 losses, whom Collica beat easily and Zain pinned (albeit last year). Could hurt his confidence.

Edit, how did you mess that quote up?

Agree, let's wait for the B1Gs. And let's also note, for the record, that Retherford himself said he was 100% for the Iowa dual. So, even if he wasn't 100%, Retherford isn't using that as an excuse. I'm gonna do the same.

I heard same in a Zain interview, he was 100 percent just didn't wrestle his match

Reactions: DonHawkeye

The problem with things nowadays is everyone just wants to make an excuse instead of giving the other guy credit.

If Zain beats Sorenson worse next time, Zain had the flu in Carver
If Sorenson beats Zain, Zain had the flu this time.
Lugo beat Sorenson, something had to be wrong like Sorenson having the flu or traveling out east by bus
Zain beat Stieber when Zain was a freshman - Stieber must have been sick.

I dont get it. Just call a spade a spade. Sorenson wrestled the best match he has all year against Zain, and it wasnt enough. Period. Zain took it to Stieber, period. Stieber adjusted afterward

Was something wrong with Gilman against Lizak? Nope, was just getting his ass handed to him and had a great comeback. These things happen.

Sorry to see that Zain is still sick with the flu. Didn't they have anyone else to go against Collica.

Reactions: DonHawkeye
The problem with things nowadays is everyone just wants to make an excuse instead of giving the other guy credit.

Lugo beat Sorenson, something had to be wrong like Sorenson having the flu or traveling out east by bus

I dont get it. Just call a spade a spade. Sorenson wrestled the best match he has all year against Zain, and it wasnt enough. Period. Zain took it to Stieber, period. Stieber adjusted afterward

Was something wrong with Gilman against Lizak? Nope, was just getting his ass handed to him and had a great comeback. These things happen.

good to have you back....Dont be a stranger

You're absolutely right, agreed.
With an attitude like this, it's no wonder you got more 'likes' over here w/1 post, than you were able to accumulate in 4200+ posts on HR;). Maybe you're preaching the wrong choir about excuse making?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT