ADVERTISEMENT

Zain Train was definitely sick when he wrestled Sorensen

Based on the fact that Lugo just beat Sorensen. A healthy Zain pounds both of them. But, let's just wait until the Big Tens and see how close this rematch is this year.

Agree, let's wait for the B1Gs. And let's also note, for the record, that Retherford himself said he was 100% for the Iowa dual. So, even if he wasn't 100%, Retherford isn't using that as an excuse. I'm gonna do the same.

Reactions: liex26
My point is several PSU wrestlers looked "off" at Carver (namely Nolf, Retherford and Hall). Not sure if was illness or travel lag but you, me and everyone else who has watched these 3 this year knows they weren't exactly at their best. Credit to them for not looking for any excuses.

My point is several PSU wrestlers looked "off" at Carver (namely Nolf, Retherford and Hall). Not sure if was illness or travel lag but you, me and everyone else who has watched these 3 this year knows they weren't exactly at their best. Credit to them for not looking for any excuses.
They have the boards for that.

I thought Nolf looked fine in that dual. Kemerer was just able to scramble his way out of Nolf shots that result in TDs against most anyone else. There's a reason Kem is ranked #2 in the weight class; he finally wore down a bit in the 3rd period and Nolf took control. No excuses, and none needed.

I will cut some slack for Hall, as he could have been affected by a number of factors - first varsity match after burning the redshirt, tough atmosphere at CHA, tough opponent, and maybe got amped up to the point where his conditioning was affected.

Retherford - already discussed.

Reactions: James Toney
Zain was sick in Iowa and Steiber was sick at Rec Hall when Zain beat him his freshman year. It happens. In subsequent matches, Steiber handled Zain easily. I think this is the same scenario we will see at the BIGs with ZR and BS.

Any doubt that Zain was sick at CHA has all but been erased now.

giphy.gif

Zain was sick in Iowa

You keep stating this like it's an absolute fact, although you do not know it to be true. Again, Retherford is on record that he was 100%. You don't have to believe him, but let's not dismiss the possibility that he is being truthful.

I will tell you exactly 102.4 and he told Cael i want to wrestle....We don't hold guys out for seeding only....Never. It;s not in Cael's D&A,,,,

What is "D&A"?? :confused:

I will tell you exactly 102.4 and he told Cael i want to wrestle....We don't hold guys out for seeding only....Never. It;s not in Cael's D&A,,,,
But, the real question is whether it is in his DNA. Can you check on that next time you're in the room for practice? You'll probably need a microscope.

You keep stating this like it's an absolute fact, although you do not know it to be true. Again, Retherford is on record that he was 100%. You don't have to believe him, but let's not dismiss the possibility that he is being truthful.

What is "D&A"?? :confused:

Dungeons & Aliens, a lesser known variant of D&D.

This was the first thread I read after waking up. Funny all the way around, and a great way to wake up laughing. D&A wins but it was close.

@WildTurk - I'm sure you were being sarcastic with Sorenson having the flu, but that is a real possibility. Given that Zain has directly stated he was fine.... Iowa is currently experiencing a widespread Flu outbreak. Just about one third of my children's school has been absent. More likely that Sorenson had the Flu than Zain.
Personally I think Lugo wrestled him tough at home and nothing to see here.

I have a new theory that each fan base gets a new nutcase every NCAA championship they win. Having trouble finding the one MSU nutcase though, the one on HR definitely belongs to Iowa. ;)

Zain is going to crush him next time and i mean crush !!!! Watch and see....

This was the first thread I read after waking up. Funny all the way around, and a great way to wake up laughing. D&A wins but it was close.

@WildTurk - I'm sure you were being sarcastic with Sorenson having the flu, but that is a real possibility. Given that Zain has directly stated he was fine.... Iowa is currently experiencing a widespread Flu outbreak. Just about one third of my children's school has been absent. More likely that Sorenson had the Flu than Zain.
Personally I think Lugo wrestled him tough at home and nothing to see here.

I have a new theory that each fan base gets a new nutcase every NCAA championship they win. Having trouble finding the one MSU nutcase though, the one on HR definitely belongs to Iowa. ;)
Props to Lugo indeed. Even if Sorenson had diphtheria you would never here that from him or his coach. No excuses!

Reactions: LHavenlion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT