ADVERTISEMENT

World Team Trials - Sept 11 & 12

Pimpin' ain't easy.

fcaa470b04b9918e9516ff2a0154d310.gif
Where is goldbanger, anyway? Miss that guy's interjections here....

I think I already know the answer, but I am going to ask anyway. Can I watch this at home without giving Flo an undeserved payday of my hard earned $150 bucks?

I think I already know the answer, but I am going to ask anyway. Can I watch this at home without giving Flo an undeserved payday of my hard earned $150 bucks?
No, but with Flo having rights to UWW events and the US qualifying events combined with how well the NLWC has been doing in those events the $150 is not too bad. There are a lot of things to dislike Flo about, but, with all of the UWW events and USA Wrestling qualifying events the cost should not be one. Also, if you remember what it used to be where it was something like $30 per event on track wrestling this is not too bad. Plus I believe they still have the southern scuffle and Keystone Open (if they still have it).

No, but with Flo having rights to UWW events and the US qualifying events combined with how well the NLWC has been doing in those events the $150 is not too bad. There are a lot of things to dislike Flo about, but, with all of the UWW events and USA Wrestling qualifying events the cost should not be one. Also, if you remember what it used to be where it was something like $30 per event on track wrestling this is not too bad. Plus I believe they still have the southern scuffle and Keystone Open (if they still have it).
I just can not get past making me sign up for a full year. It fills me with waves of irrational anger. Streaming services that consistently produce good content don't have to resort to that.

I just can not get past making me sign up for a full year. It fills me with waves of irrational anger. Streaming services that consistently produce good content don't have to resort to that.
I’m here for the waves of irrational anger. I called a guy a “cocksucker” before 9 am yesterday - it kickstarted my day. (He was being a dickhead, so I felt justified)

look at the other flo sites. at least during the willie trial, it was said that flo had other 'verticals' where you could get a monthly subscription and you'd have access to all flo premium content.

look at the other flo sites. at least during the willie trial, it was said that flo had other 'verticals' where you could get a monthly subscription and you'd have access to all flo premium content.
Reading the Flosports FAQ it seems like this might be the case. If I get ripped off, I am going to sue them and alert the authorities about the perjury.

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
So, pre-registration ends today for the trials, but there is onsite registration it seems until the 10th. Do we see any NLWC/PSU guys today or will we wait another few weeks?

My biggest issue with flo karen isn't so much the money (though I wish you didn't have to sign up for a year), it's their stream. I had countless issue streaming their events. Never had an issue with Rokfin (though limited amounts of events) streams.

I have a hard time understanding the Flo hate. I get to watch more wrestling at all levels than I ever dreamed of. Almost every competition of note is shown live and even better is that every match is cataloged so I can go back and watch any match I want. All of that for like $12.50/month. I’ve watched more wrestling in the last 3 years than in the previous 20 combined because of Flo. Is it perfect? Not at all but I’m happy to have it and I’ll continue to support them as long as they continue to show every big match.

I have a hard time understanding the Flo hate. I get to watch more wrestling at all levels than I ever dreamed of. Almost every competition of note is shown live and even better is that every match is cataloged so I can go back and watch any match I want. All of that for like $12.50/month. I’ve watched more wrestling in the last 3 years than in the previous 20 combined because of Flo. Is it perfect? Not at all but I’m happy to have it and I’ll continue to support them as long as they continue to show every big match.
giphy.gif

My biggest issue with flo karen isn't so much the money (though I wish you didn't have to sign up for a year), it's their stream. I had countless issue streaming their events. Never had an issue with Rokfin (though limited amounts of events) streams.
I don’t mean to put down either organization, but I thought the feed of the February NLWC card on Rokfin went down for a bit. They held the matches till it was fixed, as I recall.

Per Basch, Nick Lee is likely out. Hopefully not injury related because he would have absolutely contended for that spot.

• Sad
Reactions: backdrft76
Zain 70 kg.
Nolf and Carter 79 kg.

I have a feeling the cut to 65 kg. for Zain must be getting increasingly difficult. Zain turned 26 in May, and most men continue to fill out in their 20's (I am still filling out in my late 50's :)). It will be interesting to see if this is a permanent move or not. I would assume that if Zain is still competing when the 2024 Olympic Trials take place he will try to get back down to 65 kg. I feel so bad that we only have six weight classes; such a shame. I hope Zain isn't becoming a tweener, but time will tell.

I don’t mean to put down either organization, but I thought the feed of the February NLWC card on Rokfin went down for a bit. They held the matches till it was fixed, as I recall.
Yes......That actually happened. They kept us updated on what happened and how long it would take to fix. It was over 30 minutes but.....I waited and watched with no complaints. Stuff happens. I still say that at 150.00 / year ( Which is indeed 12.50 per month)....that FLO is well worth the money. Rokfin is 119.00 / year and I still keep it as a monthly payment. They always have cool stuff even during the off-season. So does FLO.....Arguably......more stuff since they cover far more. Take a chill pill and pay for both :). I just (Try) to drink a few less beers a month and it pays for itself. Yes.....some months I fall short ......Burp :)

I have a feeling the cut to 65 kg. for Zain must be getting increasingly difficult. Zain turned 26 in May, and most men continue to fill out in their 20's (I am still filling out in my late 50's :)). It will be interesting to see if this is a permanent move or not. I would assume that if Zain is still competing when the 2024 Olympic Trials take place he will try to get back down to 65 kg. I feel so bad that we only have six weight classes; such a shame. I hope Zain isn't becoming a tweener, but time will tell.
At 67....... I am thin......But I also keep filling out.......almost exclusively in the belly area. I kinda look like a pregnant pencil :) Should I be worried? :)

At 67....... I am thin......But I also keep filling out.......almost exclusively in the belly area. I kinda look like a pregnant pencil :) Should I be worried? :)
Worried? Nah! Just tell people you are pregnant. In these strange days people will be too afraid to challenge your claim :cool:

Screenshot-2021-08-18-221305.jpg

I'm kinda surprised if we don't see RBY (MRSA?), Kerk, and N Lee... Was really looking forward to them.

Is Brooks in? I might have missed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
I'm kinda surprised if we don't see RBY (MRSA?), Kerk, and N Lee... Was really looking forward to them.

Is Brooks in? I might have missed it.

AB would have to go 92kg. Don’t think it’s gonna happen.

I know it’s disappointing, but frankly, I’m kind of happy we’re not sending a raft of wrestlers. Our coaches need a moment’s rest!

Losing Cassar and Berge to free before the season was enough for me. Our string of undefeated duals would still be alive as well, not that that matters much.

Once it gets to September, anyone we don't send is a plus for everything but our egos. Free is for NLWC post grads, call me selfish.

Reactions: Ski and Dogwelder
Injuries do suck, especially before a season. Hope our 3 guys will stay healthy.

Losing Cassar and Berge to free before the season was enough for me. Our string of undefeated duals would still be alive as well, not that that matters much.

Once it gets to September, anyone we don't send is a plus for everything but our egos. Free is for NLWC post grads, call me selfish.
You're selfish.

Good luck getting the best guys at PSU if they can't work toward their long-term goals.

Tan Tom will happily put them on the Snyder Plan.

Lose-lose.

Reactions: rmg78 and diggerpup
Kylie Welker up now vs Bipasha (IND) at 76kg, gold medal match.
  • Welker quickly in on a leg, dances with it a bit looking to sweep it, finally does, 2-0. Refs discussing why it wasn't a four, and there it is, 4-0.
  • Welker defending a single, gets behind for two plus two more on a lace and it's our third 10-0 tech of the day for a gold medal!
Wrong thread, but thanks as always for the pbp, tikk!

• Haha
Reactions: tikk10
Are we sure anything is injury related? I know RBY dealt with Staph and we don't even know if that's actually something that'd prevent him from competing. I get it, we're paranoid as PSU fan that our entire team is injured at some point. But possible Cael has a plan? Maybe he feels Carter could use the neutral work in free and everyone else should take a full focus on folk now. Who knows for real?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT