ADVERTISEMENT

Word is We just landed DE Daniel Joseph

After taking all those unknown 2-star camp finds, I can see why you went the way you did.
Even though it is obvious you are not trying to be civil, the irony of your attempted shot at Michigan recruiting is probably the reason Michigan wasn't going after this kid. Michigan took a kid they found at one of the camps that is a project but they like especially because of his versatility - if he doesn't workout at SDE or is not needed depth wise he also plays TE. Kid was recruited as an "athlete." Thus that took care of a numbers issue that allowed the staff to focus on just a couple/few players they had at the top of the list. First was Khalid Kareem (who ended up choosing Bama) and then Johnson (who might not have been a take if Kareem chose Michigan). They are still looking at a few more kids but more of the type that can play our Buck LB spot in a 3-4 or slide dowm to WDE in a 4-3.

Not trying to get into a pee match with you bud...just trying to shed some light on an open question raised by posters on your board. Congrats on the get, sounds like a very good player.

Even though it is obvious you are not trying to be civil, the irony of your attempted shot at Michigan recruiting is probably the reason Michigan wasn't going after this kid. Michigan took a kid they found at one of the camps that is a project but they like especially because of his versatility - if he doesn't workout at SDE or is not needed depth wise he also plays TE. Kid was recruited as an "athlete." Thus that took care of a numbers issue that allowed the staff to focus on just a couple/few players they had at the top of the list. First was Khalid Kareem (who ended up choosing Bama) and then Johnson (who might not have been a take if Kareem chose Michigan). They are still looking at a few more kids but more of the type that can play our Buck LB spot in a 3-4 or slide dowm to WDE in a 4-3.

Not trying to get into a pee match with you bud...just trying to shed some light on an open question raised by posters on your board. Congrats on the get, sounds like a very good player.
Dude just bug out at this point. There are like 8-12 people on this board that follow recruiting better than anyone over there. Just look at his Crystal Balls on 247, they were to MSU and UM only. Most thought UM was the place to beat. Just bc you hadn't heard of him doesn't mean squat. Thanks for stopping by, talk to you in November.

No way they pull Dioubate's offer, but Wheeler's offer is surely gone by now.

And if anything changes between now and February, we'll flip him from Pitt anyhow.

With the Juco DT apparently having a good chance of signing I just feel Dioubate's may want to look somewere else.

Nice reach there. It must suck having Harbaugh run around camps shirtless while taking two star projects. Im not sure if its a good thing or bad that Michigan offered.

Reactions: Judge Smails
With the Juco DT apparently having a good chance of signing I just feel Dioubate's may want to look somewere else.

Nice reach there. It must suck having Harbaugh run around camps shirtless while taking two star projects. Im not sure if its a good thing or bad that Michigan offered.
Yeah, really sucks having Harbaugh as HC. And who wouldn't take the opinion of a regional analyst for Rivals over Harbaugh and his staff. :rolleyes:

Stopping by a verbal thread to say no one on your board had heard of him (a 247 composite 4-star) is passive-aggressive bullshiat. You know it and I know it.

Yeah, really sucks having Harbaugh as HC. And who wouldn't take the opinion of a regional analyst for Rivals over Harbaugh and his staff. :rolleyes:

Who offered him and was his other finalist. So what's your point?

Who offered him and was his other finalist. So what's your point?
My point is pretty simple. A PSU poster is blasting JH for taking 2 star recruits. I asked who's opinion should be valued more. Harbaugh or a recruiting analyst.

My comment had nothing to do with your new commit.

Love that Franklin is recruiting a wider area --- Georgia, North Carolina, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio PLUS our normal areas of Maryland, New York, Mass and New Jersey.
So, recruits from 10 different states :)
Has to aid our reach in the future.

Last edited:
He was on my list as "in the battle last" week. I honestly did not expect to win this one. I think the poster above that mentioned Johnson to Michigan is right and that's how this happened. It's crazy because I think Dioubate, Betiku and Gary are all so good you have to continue to recruit them and take them no matter how many other DL you have. This again points to the staff really believing they will get to 25 schollies.

I can't see us taking Chavis too though.

If I were Cam Brown, Shaka Toney, or Hudson and I wanted to go to PSU I would commit now bc no way we take all three of them now.

We need 2 LB's in class so if Brown and Toney get in before Fernes, they r in. Same with Hudson and Pryts

My point is pretty simple. A PSU poster is blasting JH for taking 2 star recruits. I asked who's opinion should be valued more. Harbaugh or a recruiting analyst.

My comment had nothing to do with your new commit.

which is precisely why i prefer the old thread view where you could reply to X and people knew exactly where you were going... topic approach causes a lot of misfires. anyway, with ur explanation, i easily see ur pov and agree with you about JH (our folks always say that if our coaches think an unknown 2* is good enough to offer, that's good enough for us... so i think the same goes for JH or UM).

Of course, any UM fan claiming they weren't after this kid suggests they aren't paying close attention.... or were those offers from um and msu on a 247 4* kid bogus? doubtful.

and yes, I think this will be one of the highlights of the class... presuming he signs next feb.

which is precisely why i prefer the old thread view where you could reply to X and people knew exactly where you were going... topic approach causes a lot of misfires. anyway, with ur explanation, i easily see ur pov and agree with you about JH (our folks always say that if our coaches think an unknown 2* is good enough to offer, that's good enough for us... so i think the same goes for JH or UM).

Of course, any UM fan claiming they weren't after this kid suggests they aren't paying close attention.... or were those offers from um and msu on a 247 4* kid bogus? doubtful.

and yes, I think this will be one of the highlights of the class... presuming he signs next feb.
Well, I did quote the post I was replying to but I appreciate your general thoughts.

I will make one comment regarding your post and UM's interest. Not looking for a pissing match, but I don't see why the UM perspective can't be listened to. JH has offered 200+ kids and many aren't committable. And I'm not saying this kid's offer wasn't. I have no idea. But our Mods are very dialed in to recruiting. We have limited ships left and everyone has a pretty good idea who we are going after. In fact, there are several silent commits out there as well (as if that means a whole lot). Over the past month I don't think this kids name has been mentioned once by our mods. Had he committed to UM it would have been a shock to posters. Nothing against the kid, we simply don't know much about him. So to say UM fans aren't paying attention because of the 247 crystal balls isn't really fair.

Isn't there a board for lovers of high colonics that you can go to? Whenever you show up here it spoils the mood.

Reactions: Mixolydian
We need 2 LB's in class so if Brown and Toney get in before Fernes, they r in. Same with Hudson and Pryts
Probably but I wouldn't dilly-dally if I were anyone who really wanted to play for Franklin right now. Spots are going quickly.

Ferns probably deciding shortly after the dead period is over.

Thanks for the comments, some on our board are D bags for sure

Reactions: pkg5002 and ellobo
444444gggggggg
Michigan posters here on the board, what is the number U of M can take this year is it less than 25 ?
That's a good question because I'm not sure our staff 100% knows. It's not that they probably aren't aware of the range but "expected attrition" is going to unexpected this year. The way Harbaugh runs things is certainly different than the way Hoke did...so there are still a handful of kids on the fence of whether they fit in or not. Some of these kids will take it into the season to find out (some might decide not to come back before). Thus there could be a lot of attrition or very little.

My gut tells me it will be a lot. Harbaugh is just different and while many will embrace it others won't. What we do know is that they are embracing this whole #fab25 thing. It's more than just the recruits tweeting it as the coaches talk about it also. So 25 seems like the target but I could see it possibly going higher with early entries.

ya its a bummer. I really wish Michigan could have hired a head football coach that had a clue how to coach football. Sigh. Oh well maybe next time I guess.

Michigan posters here on the board, what is the number U of M can take this year is it less than 25 ?
Most of us expect this to be a big class. At least 25. Expect a lot of attrition over the next month or so. 'Country club' life at UM under Hoke is over and not every kid has adapted to the rigors of Harbaugh.

Most of us expect this to be a big class. At least 25. Expect a lot of attrition over the next month or so. 'Country club' life at UM under Hoke is over and not every kid has adapted to the rigors of Harbaugh.

Hearing it will be over 25. Same thing with Strong when he takes over a program. He'll weed some out some which is the new trend in college ball. 4 BT east schools in the top 10 currently in recruiting. This conference is going to be on par with any other conference in the country in 2-3 years.

Hearing it will be over 25. Same thing with Strong when he takes over a program. He'll weed some out some which is the new trend in college ball. 4 BT east schools in the top 10 currently in recruiting. This conference is going to be on par with any other conference in the country in 2-3 years.
I agree. With the coaches currently in the conference I think the conference will only get stronger.

To be REALLY candid I expect OSU, Michigan and PSU to be the Big 3 once again in 2-3 years. I think ALL of these schools have the right coaches and recruiters to be, well, REALLY good :)
I see some fun years ahead with "healthy" rivalries.

Reactions: Westcoast24

It is not about whether UM or MSU were after him. He was not a take for UM or MSU because other DE's committed and took his spot. Just like if Ron Johnson had committed to PSU instead of UM, Joseph would not have been a take for PSU, but would have for UM. None of it changes his potential, and it is not a big deal.

To be REALLY candid I expect OSU, Michigan and PSU to be the Big 3 once again in 2-3 years. I think ALL of these schools have the right coaches and recruiters to be, well, REALLY good :)
I see some fun years ahead with "healthy" rivalries.
I could go for that...not sure MSU under Dantonio is going away though...I miss the good old days when they would poke their heads up for 5 minutes and then go away

Welcome to PSU young man. Football games are won on the LOS. We're headed in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT