ADVERTISEMENT

Word is We just landed DE Daniel Joseph

That would be great.

Yea, talk about out of the blue. I don't think anyone saw that coming.
He has a nice offer list.

6-foot-3, 240 pounds Penn State, Bowling Green, Duke, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Miami (Ohio), Michigan State, Nebraska, Stanford, Syracuse, Toledo, Vanderbilt
also Indy, Kentucky, MD, NC State, RU and Michigan.

Reactions: fairgambit
Yea, talk about out of the blue. I don't think anyone saw that coming.
He has a nice offer list.

6-foot-3, 240 pounds Penn State, Bowling Green, Duke, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Miami (Ohio), Michigan State, Nebraska, Stanford, Syracuse, Toledo, Vanderbilt
...and Michigan.

Reactions: fairgambit
Sweet. The makings of a MNC front 4 in this class already. If CJF can somehow pull in Betiku, maybe Simmons plays LB.

247 has him rated very highly. He is a high three, maybe four star guy. Said he was down to UM and U.S. They have him rated around the middle of our commits so far.

247 has him rated very highly. He is a high three, maybe four star guy. Said he was down to UM and U.S. They have him rated around the middle of our commits so far.
Both 247's rankings and 247's composite rankings have him as a four star. That's good enough for me.

I wonder if Franklin is paying a little extra attention to players Maryland wants.

That would be great.

I don't follow recruiting as close as many, but I don't think i ever heard his name mentioned before. I heard it now and that's all the matters!!!!!!!!

I also noticed he is 250. he may be sliding inside as well.

Welcome aboard...my guess is the Ron Johnson signing closed the door on him at Michigan. Who cares...we'll take him.

I wonder if Franklin is paying a little extra attention to players Maryland wants.

Could be and also the Michigan duet. "We Are", more than holding our own. Maryland just extended Edsall for 3 years, but can buy him out for $500K. The good news just keeps coming. Wonder if he shook hands and thanked Haskins?

Last edited:
I don't follow recruiting as close as many, but I don't think i ever heard his name mentioned before. I heard it now and that's all the matters!!!!!!!!

I also noticed he is 250. he may be sliding inside as well.

I believe that CJF wants bigger players overall. He has said as much, wanting kids with big frames that can develop. To me, I believe we will see our front 4 get generally bigger than what we have been used to recently. No more 235-240 lb DE's playing, that have been getting pushed off the LOS against the better teams such as tO$u, where in the past we could not effectively stop the run.

And I like the change. Develop 270 lb DE's that can also get after the QB. and supplement the rush with Simmons at LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was on my list as "in the battle last" week. I honestly did not expect to win this one. I think the poster above that mentioned Johnson to Michigan is right and that's how this happened. It's crazy because I think Dioubate, Betiku and Gary are all so good you have to continue to recruit them and take them no matter how many other DL you have. This again points to the staff really believing they will get to 25 schollies.

I can't see us taking Chavis too though.

If I were Cam Brown, Shaka Toney, or Hudson and I wanted to go to PSU I would commit now bc no way we take all three of them now.

Reactions: Pride
I believe that CJF wants bigger players overall. He has said as much, wanting kids with big frames that can develop. To me, I believe we will see our front 4 get generally bigger than what we have been used to recently. No more 235-240 lb DE's playing, that have been getting pushed off the LOS against the better teams such as tO$u, where in the past we could not effectively stop the run.

And I like the change. Develop 270 lb DE's that can also get after the QB. and supplement the rush with Simmons at LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who is really good friends with Herb Hand and they discussed "measurables' this staff looks for. They want DL with bigger frames. They look for versatility at OL. Guys who can play multiple positions. They will not recruit OL under a certain height. They look at the hand size of WRs etc and so forth. They have really brought a modern, almost NFL-type attitude toward recruitment and talent evaluation. It is really refreshing.

He was on my list as "in the battle last" week. I honestly did not expect to win this one. I think the poster above that mentioned Johnson to Michigan is right and that's how this happened. It's crazy because I think Dioubate, Betiku and Gary are all so good you have to continue to recruit them and take them no matter how many other DL you have. This again points to the staff really believing they will get to 25 schollies.

I can't see us taking Chavis too though.

If I were Cam Brown, Shaka Toney, or Hudson and I wanted to go to PSU I would commit now bc no way we take all three of them now.

I think most likely Chavis commits to us on July 18th. Look at the depth chart. If AJ leaves early we are completely screwed without another DT who is ready to play. Big time programs are not forced to play true freshman.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I like the message this sends to penn state recruits going forward as well....sh!t or get off the pot!

Yes, you have an offer, but that doesn't mean it lasts forever. Penn State will be a school with classes chalked full of talent from here on. If you want to be part of something special, forget about the dog and pony show and give your commitment. If you want to wait and end up stuck at a 2nd tier school like Pitt, Rutgers, Maryland, etc..so be it.

We Are!

Reactions: bmw199
I like the message this sends to penn state recruits going forward as well....sh!t or get off the pot!

Yes, you have an offer, but that doesn't mean it lasts forever. Penn State will be a school with classes chalked full of talent from here on. If you want to be part of something special, forget about the dog and pony show and give your commitment. If you want to wait and end up stuck at a 2nd tier school like Pitt, Rutgers, Maryland, etc..so be it.

We Are!
On that same note, if Rashan Gary wants to wait until March to make his call, I'd think this staff would be very much alright with that.

We probably aren't getting Gary, but whatever. You can't get everybody.

It sure is a long ways away from a few years ago, when we weren't recruiting any beef at all.

On that same note, if Rashan Gary wants to wait until March to make his call, I'd think this staff would be very much alright with that.
Maybe true...I just don't know how all that works if they have a class that is full as of signing day and signatures on the line. If that means going the Urban and Harb route by asking kids to leave then I'm not for it. It's a family Franklin seems to be creating here, I don't see him stabbing kids in the back like those morons.

Love that 247 not only has him 4 stars, but that it was between UM and MSU for landing him. While I think it's good for Franklin to take players that uMd wants (hey, Vanderbilt always seems to be on those same offer sheets), far better to work into the heart of B1G country and poach a coveted player away from the old guard.

Super "get" here with a ton of upside. Class just keeps growing stronger!

Reactions: PSUEngineerx2
Welcome aboard...my guess is the Ron Johnson signing closed the door on him at Michigan. Who cares...we'll take him.
Honestly had never heard of him before someone asked about him (today) on our premium board after he claimed he chose you guys over us. Most of us, who follow our school's recruiting pretty closely, never heard of him either (thus the thread on our board) but one person chimed in that he's seen him play and that he is a very good player. The person who said that has some credibility.

Maybe true...I just don't know how all that works if they have a class that is full as of signing day and signatures on the line. If that means going the Urban and Harb route by asking kids to leave then I'm not for it. It's a family Franklin seems to be creating here, I don't see him stabbing kids in the back like those morons.

Second that--bad idea. It's what makes us different even if it's painful at times.

Reactions: Alphabets
No way they pull Dioubate's offer, but Wheeler's offer is surely gone by now.

And if anything changes between now and February, we'll flip him from Pitt anyhow.

Honestly had never heard of him before someone asked about him (today) on our premium board after he claimed he chose you guys over us. Most of us, who follow our school's recruiting pretty closely, never heard of him either (thus the thread on our board) but one person chimed in that he's seen him play and that he is a very good player. The person who said that has some credibility.

Cool story bro. Glad "one person" who has credibility has heard of him on the Michigan premium board.

He's just a kid who doesn't give interviews. Composite 247 4 star, #73 on the ESPN Top 100 recruits list.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Cool story bro. Glad "one person" who has credibility has heard of him on the Michigan premium board.

He's just a kid who doesn't give interviews. Composite 247 4 star, #73 on the ESPN Top 100 recruits list.
Well I could have said that he didn't have a committable offer and that our staff was not activily recruiting him...but that someone who had seen him thought he was a worthy player and thought he would have been a good get. But I thought the way I presented the story was a little nicer.

Well I could have said that he didn't have a committable offer and that our staff was not activily recruiting him...but that someone who had seen him thought he was a worthy player and thought he would have been a good get. But I thought the way I presented the story was a little nicer.

After taking all those unknown 2-star camp finds, I can see why you went the way you did.

ADVERTISEMENT