ADVERTISEMENT

What a quiet 1st day of recruiting ...

I think some of you are confusing "Class Rankings" with weight rankings.

Class rankings are Top 100 recruit lists while weight rankings are top 20 at, say, 170lbs.

Josh hasn't removed SR's from his weight rankings. He hasn't updated them since his final end or the season edition. For instance, Anthony Valencia (a graduated SR) is still listed at 170.

The reason Isaiah White is listed as 160 on intermat is b/c he hasn't updated. I have I. White at 160 b/c they have been updated every couple weeks this spring/summer. So wts are accurate.

Josh has moved his Class of 2016 to the Senior Board. I still have Class of 2016 as the Junior Board. (i'll update soon).

Class rankings on both Intermat and Flo are premium products. (you have to have a subscription).

If you do have a subscription and click on their name - you go to their profile. On Flo, you can see their college list. Intermat, i don't believe, has that list.

Thanks Smalls,

Enjoyed your recruiting segment with Pyles, particularly like all the PSU predictions, especially Lee, Suriano, and getting either Pletcher or Red. That'd be sick

Enjoyed your recruiting segment with Pyles, particularly like all the PSU predictions, especially Lee, Suriano, and getting either Pletcher or Red. That'd be sick

Bad Netiquette., jschrantz.

Here's a link to the Flo Radio segment that jschrantz mentioned. The recruiting info starts at the 49 minute mark of the podcast. You can access it at THIS LINK. Willie and Vais/Christian Pyles discuss:

- Mark Hall
- Daton Fix
- Spencer Lee
- Nick Suriano
- Yanni (already committed to Cornell)
- Marinelli (already committed to Iowa)
- Isaiah White
- Chad Red
- Luke Pletcher
- Mason Manville (already committed to PSU)
- Nick Reenan (already committed to NW)
- Rudy Yates
- Mitch McKee (already committed to Minny)
- Gable Stevenson (going to be a soph -- kind of premature)
- Sammy Colbray

Certainly encouraging if you are a PSU fan.

Reactions: smalls103
Thanks Smalls,

Seems like a lot of talent for only two weight classes...

But you need to expand the dynamics a bit. PSU will need a 125 and a 133 for the 2016-17 season. As such, some combo of Suriano, Red, and Pletcher would work, though Suriano and either Red or Pletcher probably works best, as Suriano seems to have a smaller cut to make 125.

The following year, Lee would be an awesome addition. Unless he undergoes a growth spurt, he looks to be a career 125 in college. Then the option in 2017-18 is a) redshirt Lee and have the two sophs stay at their weights, b) wrestle Lee and have one of the sophs redshirt. There are strengths and weaknesses to either approach, but both would work. Then in the 2018-19 season, you could have Lee at 125, and the two others at 133 and 141. Red and Pletcher are stockier than Suriano, so whichever one you landed would be the likely candidate for 141.

It is a lot of talent, but it would likely be spread out over 3 weight classes over some parts of their respective college careers.

Idea is Suriano and Red/Pletcher 125 and 133 respectively, then they move up to accommodate Lee at 125 who appears to be a career 125 like his mentor Nico.

I'd be down with that. Cael's teams at PSU haven't cut much.

Edit - Tom beat me to it

Thanks Smalls,

I'm saving FRL for the drive home but please make this come to pass. We need the old emoticons back so I could insert the guy praying

Not really. We need a 125 and a 133 for next year to replace Mega and Conaway. Then another guy the following year to replace JG. The 133 you bring in moves up to 141, the 125 moves to 133 and Lee takes over at 125. As noted, this would be amazing and solidify the lower weights for quite some time. Great talents and great training partners.

With some of the young talent we have brought in, the middle to upper weights are very solid for the next few years. It might also allow for folks to take a non-freshman RS year like Mega and Zain. If the staff and pull this off, we will be in a position to make another run at multiple national titles....if we are not already. We might not have the bonus point machines like the Taylor/Ruth era, but we will be scoring at every weight class.

Idea is Suriano and Red/Pletcher 125 and 133 respectively, then they move up to accommodate Lee at 125 who appears to be a career 125 like his mentor Nico.

I'd be down with that. Cael's teams at PSU haven't cut much.

Edit - Tom beat me to it
Also, the theory of getting all 3 guys is to let them take turns shirting. One of them (Red or Pletcher) shirts in 2017 while the other 2 start. After that, flexibility to shirt one of them in 2018 -- or even shirt Lee if Suriano can maintain 125 for another year. Etc.

I'm saving FRL for the drive home but please make this come to pass. We need the old emoticons back so I could insert the guy praying
Aiyo, CT, how do you consume FRL on a driving commute? Like, tech specificity pls. Do you download the mp3 from Flo's site directly? Or from Soundcloud? Then playing in your car, how to you do that? I hope not with the Soundcloud mobile app? What mobile OS are you on? What's your preferred mobile player?

Secondly, what medium do you use to get the sound physically into your ear? Do you plug in an earbud or two, or do you bigtime it by using bluetooth through your car speakers?

Thirdly, content question: Is every episode CP-led? What's your take on the tone/enthusiasm level (in other words, how often does, say, a Bader appear and/or does it become kinda shout-y?) What kind of guests have shown up in the past? Percentage lean toward other Flo cats or outside Flo cats?

Lastly, say I'm not a FloPro kinda guy at this particular point in time. But I otherwise get all my ishh together & really want to download & consume all 48 or so episodes. Is the full archive available to me? If so, could you link a brotha up? I'm more than willing to concede that the majority of my consumption bumptions are 100% user error.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate all you do for the sport, Chickenman. Peace, Independence & chicken grease. First beer's on me.

Aiyo, CT, how do you consume FRL on a driving commute? Like, tech specificity pls. Do you download the mp3 from Flo's site directly? Or from Soundcloud? Then playing in your car, how to you do that? I hope not with the Soundcloud mobile app? What mobile OS are you on? What's your preferred mobile player?

Secondly, what medium do you use to get the sound physically into your ear? Do you plug in an earbud or two, or do you bigtime it by using bluetooth through your car speakers?

Thirdly, content question: Is every episode CP-led? What's your take on the tone/enthusiasm level (in other words, how often does, say, a Bader appear and/or does it become kinda shout-y?) What kind of guests have shown up in the past? Percentage lean toward other Flo cats or outside Flo cats?

Lastly, say I'm not a FloPro kinda guy at this particular point in time. But I otherwise get all my ishh together & really want to download & consume all 48 or so episodes. Is the full archive available to me? If so, could you link a brotha up? I'm more than willing to concede that the majority of my consumption bumptions are 100% user error.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate all you do for the sport, Chickenman. Peace, Independence & chicken grease. First beer's on me.
FRL is awesome. It's an hour show usually twice a week. Generally it's CP and Willie discussing 6-7 topics that are hot in the wrestling world that particular week. Not a ton of guests, but that's not a big deal to me - like to hear the banter.

I can't write much now - maybe someone else can chime in. As for technology I just got a new car and it's totally Bluetooth Wireless so anything playing on my iPhone plays right out of my speakers - all I have to do is hit a "Media" button and that's the Mode I'm in - rather than, say, XM radio, terrestrial radio, etc. I am very low tech so can't much help you beyond that - I'm like a Caveman seeing fire for the first time with my iPhone.

I always listen to the archived shows which are put up on Flo's home page very soon after they run live. So I generally listen to about 30 min going home at night of that morning's show and then the rest during the am drive.

All of them are on sound cloud and iTunes. They have had few guests, Askren, Snyder and Ryan, a coach from the selection committee, chael sonnen, and that might be it. I plug my phone into the aux port and listen over the speakers via sound cloud.

Interesting discussion in that Flo pod cast. Sounds like Willie has a good feel for which way Hall is leaning. He didn't want to give too much away but did say Wisconsin, OSU and Iowa were pretty much out of it while PSU was still in the mix. That was a bit surprising as I had Iowa still in it while Penn State was out. My personal prediction is Nebraska……also, liked hearing Soriano and Lee to Penn State from an insider, even if it is just educated guessing.

Last edited:
Interesting discussion in that Flo pod cast. Sounds like Willie has a good feel for which way Hall is leaning. He didn't want to give too much away but did say Wisconsin, OSU and Iowa were pretty much out of it while PSU was still in the mix. That was a bit surprising as I had Iowa still in it while Penn State was out. My personal prediction is Nebraska……also, liked hearing Soriano and Lee to Penn State from an insider, even if it is just educated guessing.
Hall was surprising, Suriano and Lee were not. Not sure why others might be up in arms about the latter predictions - we've got wide open weight classes for them, tons of $$$ available, and we're within easy driving distance for family. There will be several excellent newly graduated training partners for them plus whoever else the NLWC has at those weights (Gomez ain't too shabby and he's in his prime). Yes, there might be situations with more/better partners at certain other places, but then that argument can be flipped around when we're talking 157-heavy (where PSU and the Buckeyes are deep).

The Hawkeye Board is about ready to issue another Fatwa on Willie for his predictions. Seems like with Meija and Renteria in the fold, they want to create a lightweight logjam like Ok State's 157-174 logjam. They need to land upper weights, so I'm not buying them being out of it for Hall as they do have money to spend as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionlover
Haha! Yep, Willie is simply attempting to generate site traffic by alienating the largest fanbase. Makes perfect sense now that I think about it....But wait, isn't his sidekick CP a Hawkeye fan????

picture-22.png

Any truth to OPRF's White and Bey not meeting NCAA DI Academic Qualification requirements? If so they may have to go the JUCO, NIAA, DII, DIII, or OTC route. This would mean two years before the possibility of being DI eligible. Bey does have OTC listed on his Flo recruiting profile.

The Hawkeye faithful got angry over a tweet between Saylor and Stroker calling the Hawk board posters "clowns", was this the start of it or just one of the issues between them and smalls? Personally, I love it. Many of them are convinced Smalls is on Cael's staff as a recruiter.

The Hawkeye faithful got angry over a tweet between Saylor and Stroker calling the Hawk board posters "clowns", was this the start of it or just one of the issues between them and smalls? Personally, I love it. Many of them are convinced Smalls is on Cael's staff as a recruiter.

Here I have to side with the Hawk fans. We all know the "clowns" are, well ...

marylandbozos.gif

Here's some interesting news:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AJ Nevills get a home visit from Cael Sanderson, Penn State. Who knows, may be another Nittany Lion in the house.</p>&mdash; Clovis Wrestling (@ClovisWrestling) <a href="">July 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's some interesting news:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AJ Nevills get a home visit from Cael Sanderson, Penn State. Who knows, may be another Nittany Lion in the house.</p>&mdash; Clovis Wrestling (@ClovisWrestling) <a href=" ">July 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
And perhaps baby brother Seth ("Big Snacks") was in the vicinity ...

Reactions: crazylegs2
Great news, sounds like Cael is on a national recruiting tour, I'm curious which other living rooms he has appeared?

Interesting discussion in that Flo pod cast. Sounds like Willie has a good feel for which way Hall is leaning. He didn't want to give too much away but did say Wisconsin, OSU and Iowa were pretty much out of it while PSU was still in the mix.

Tigsy, here is an update that will cool your jets:

Willie Saylor ‏@WillieAtFLO 20h20 hours ago
For the record, @Baybee_Marky has his list and I don't know where he's going. On FRL, i just gave my gut feeling.

Jammie, to borrow a phrase from Neil Page:

"And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!"

btw, I'm a prop flyer so no jets to cool…..

Reactions: crazylegs2
smalls, that was directed to Jammons. I wasn't sure what point he was trying to make by posting your twitter comment.

Aren't these contradictory statements?

Tigs "Sounds like Willie has a good feel for which way Hall is leaning. He didn't want to give too much away but did say Wisconsin, OSU and Iowa were pretty much out of it while PSU was still in the mix."

Willie "...I don't know where he's going."

"I think I know where he is going" is exactly what was said in the pod cast at the 51:00 minute mark. He then went on to say "it's safe to say" Iowa, OSU and Wisconsin "have been ruled out." 52:15. Therefore what I posted was a very accurate representation of what was said at the time. Furthermore, despite that follow-up tweet, I suspect those comments are still accurate but Willie needs to be careful considering Hall's announcement will be live on Flo.

Jammie, why do even care? It's not like me or any other PSU fans are predicting Hall to Penn State. Remember, my personal prediction was Nebraska. That being said, since you insist on posting here can you tell me how Minnesota doesn't have this guy wrapped up? He is in the Gopher's backyard after all. Personally I would much rather see him at Minnesota then one of the championship contenders. :D

Last edited:
Is FLO PRO worth it. I signed up for it last year and it didn't seem like that many kids had college lists included. Also their premium information wasn't updated very often so I canceled. That said I signed up in the summer and that maybe a slower time. I am an Intermat premium service subscriber and they don't list kids college choices which would be of primary interest to me

Is FLO PRO worth it. I signed up for it last year and it didn't seem like that many kids had college lists included. Also their premium information wasn't updated very often so I canceled. That said I signed up in the summer and that maybe a slower time. I am an Intermat premium service subscriber and they don't list kids college choices which would be of primary interest to me

I think the streaming is worth it by itself although it does kill some of my productivity at work....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT