ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: Every throw from Drew Allar versus Ohio State

Can't talk myself into watching that--maybe in a week. I know how bad it's going to be and I'm going to think it's Morelli or Hackenberg again.

Cruel and unusual
I think everyone should watch it. Cuts out the noise and shows the scheme for each pass play. What do I see (in order of blame)

1. Coaches who clearly wanted 15-20 yard explosive passing plays with no shallow routes , little middle of field usage and no passing to RBs out of backfield. I love play at 10:19 mark of 1st. Why is Wormley pulling? Who is he blocking? The OSU defender is already past LoS and Tron has to pick him up. Sal stands around looking like a lost puppy instead of blocking another defender charging. Perfect play would be to release Tron from block and throw back to him. Wide open field. Instead, Drew throws ball to ground with no one open. I also love trick play 5:50 of second. Our 1st round AA tackle trips over own feet onto his rear, which allows lineman to go right at Drew, forcing quicker throw.
2. Great defense who was ready for slow developing routes, unimaginative calls and well-worn garbage trick plays
3. Allar was rattled. He lost confidence as game went on. I see a tipped pass at 1:10 of 1st. Drew had guys coming clean in passing lane and just got off track. He was clearly worried about INT and mis-fired over and over. On top of that, receivers dropped too many good balls as well.
4. Compare the TD drive passing plays to rest of game. Lots of quick passes to middle 4-7 yards, ball out quickly. CJF claims it was softer coverage but it was also routes later than routes earlier. MY tried for big plays. Since game was close, he kept trying to get them. It never happened and we lost.

Last edited:
Noticed a lot of shotgun snaps were really low and drew was picking them up off the turf and wasn’t able to keep his eyes down field. :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT