ADVERTISEMENT

U20 and U23 WTT

Volk with an 11-5 win over Bassett. Bassett ultimately takes 4th with a pretty solid showing. He’s obviously a very talented kid and seems like a good kid as well, but given his age relative to grade, early training and weight training regimen maybe we should pump the brakes on the generational prospect talk. But he is clearly very good.

I truly do not understand the C1 rule when a guy has his leg up in the air. Not much you can fight back in.

Either way, Lilledahl with a 4-2 victory to make the team.

What an impressive kid.
they didn’t confirm that did they?

Did Evans just get a FFT?

Evans still alive in consis. U23s.

Reactions: Ski
Didn’t realize Barraclough was wrestling but he is right now.

Leads Zach Mattin from Michigan 4-3 at the break. Had Mattin in a cradle for over a minute but no fall.

Barraclough wins 8-3

Last edited:
Who in the world is watching these finals, wishing they were wrestling folk? Gotta be out your damn minds. We’d have two guys handfighting, ankle riding, crawling out of bounds for restarts.

The action in these finals has been impeccable.

Folkstyle is the shitty light beer of wrestling. Sure, it’s approachable, but it’s still piss water.

Arnold has really perfected the art of never scoring the but holding position for 6 minutes.

Who in the world is watching these finals, wishing they were wrestling folk? Gotta be out your damn minds. We’d have two guys handfighting, ankle riding, crawling out of bounds for restarts.

Folkstyle is the shitty light beer of wrestling. Sure, it’s approachable, but it’s still piss water.
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

While Arnold's style isn't exciting, it's kind of how he has to wrestle to use his physical strengths to his advantage. He's just a short stocky guy that's impossible to move.

Reactions: js8793
Matt Lee wrestling too.

Beat 2x NQ Wilson from Nebraska. Wilson was R16 in 2022.

But it said “MAUR” for Matt Lee’s club.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone

Folk is a bit better than piss water, cmon

Reactions: NittanyLion84
While Arnold's style isn't exciting, it's kind of how he has to wrestle to use his physical strengths to his advantage. He's just a short stocky guy that's impossible to move.
i posted this on HR but i really want him to take this next year and volume attack in a bunch of matches. figure out some offensive series that work for his body. even if it means he takes some “bad losses.”.

he does all of the little things so well already. AA level positioning and hand fighting. knows how win close matches. kind of the reverse of your typical prospect.

if he develops his offense, he’s a title contender quickly.

i posted this on HR but i really want him to take this next year and volume attack in a bunch of matches. figure out some offensive series that work for his body. even if it means he takes some “bad losses.”.

he does all of the little things so well already. AA level positioning and hand fighting. knows how win close matches. kind of the reverse of your typical prospect.

I imagine he's headed for a redshirt unless Nelson is one of the gamblers and they just want a contributor at 174 lol.

Reactions: js8793
Folk is a bit better than piss water, cmon
Any sport that rewards you for leaving the competitive surface is piss water.

Criteria freaking rules. There’s nothing more boring than two dudes handfighting for 1min with a tie score because they know they’re going to OT.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Worse is the "I won't even try to get it" wrestling fan.

Really, if we claim to support the athletes, trying to get the rules is microscopic effort compared to theirs.
You can’t honestly think that a lot of these scoring rulings are just a matter of “try”.

When 3 guys that cover the sport at Flo, and 4th that covers the sport, coaches it, and wrestled it at the highest level aren’t understanding scoring… they’re just not trying hard enough I guess?

Or he could become the next Jake Kemerer.

When he gets to the next level his clear strength advantage will be somewhat diluted. I agree with your advice but it's rare to see a guy that closed figure out a way to open up when it involves embracing losing as a byproduct.

Any sport that rewards you for leaving the competitive surface is piss water.

Criteria freaking rules. There’s nothing more boring than two dudes handfighting for 1min with a tie score because they know they’re going to OT.
Yea I agree with your frustrations but man I still love it and I hate piss beer too, lol

• Haha
Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT