ADVERTISEMENT

The Good News and Bad News of PSU Recruiting...

Show him last years as well. Basically the poster made a dumb assumption and then doubled down on it. Only school that has been above PSU both years was Tosu.

Think he'd admit that Penn State's class was "much better" than Pitt's?

I'm also tired of constantly hearing the Pitt fans on here compare how we are doing to MSU, Michigan, and OSU. How does Pitt compare to Clemson and Florida State? Are they recruiting on par with those schools? Hell no. They aren't even in the same hemisphere as those programs. Worry about your own conference.

Oh here we go, I am a troll, a word so loosely thrown around this board, because I am upset at how Franklin finished the recruiting class. If you did not expect more and and were not disappointed in some way how the class ended I cannot help you. Its a good class like I said, wanted it better. I don't settle in life, you want to win 8 games a year and keep things chummy and be just above average, great. I will never apologize for expecting and wanting greatness and championships.
I agree...if I was the head coach or whoever makes the final decisions on bowl games, I wouldn't have accepted the bowl this year - it could have been used as a motivational tool and experience. The team did nothing this year to deserve it and its performance in that game showed why. Yes, they made a little comeback at the end to make it respectable, but the game was not that close and the talent difference was noticeable. Our standards have gotten low - very low.

Hmmm, when Pryts verbaled to PSU, there were many positive posts about him on this site - when he was considering flipping, I saw more than one person express angst - now that he is gone, he was an average player and inconsequential loss. Amazing, but that is the kind of thing that happens in recruiting - funny how that works.

Although I agree that these rankings are pretty meaningless...and obviously not an accurate barameter on how these kids will perform in college football....but, if the rankings didn't mean anything, why are we so thrilled when we are high up on those lists?

Because it's rude to run down your own recruits. Those who saw how he looked playing in that all star game weren't on this forum pumping sunshine about how awesome he was going to be. But when people want to jump off bridges because he flipped on LOI day (coming from a Penn State family), it's fair to provide a little context. Troll.

Do people really think 1 class is a trend or will determine the future? UM had the 40th ranked class just last year with 14 recruits. PSU spanked them just last year in recruiting along with MSU. This idea MSU has out recruited PSU the last 2 years is false. Two years in a row PSU finished above MSU in the composite rankings. Their classes are actually pretty similar to PSU with PSU holding a slight advantage.

If you combine the last 2 classes, UM and PSU have the same exact amount of 4-5 star kids which is 21. That is using 247 which also averages the 4 major sites. Just some food for thought and actual data versus some perception.
The difference at UM is they now have Harbaugh - so, with that in mind, do you think their recruiting class in 2017 reverts to pre-2016 rankings or continues rank in the top 5-10 overall? I tend to believe it will be the latter. Also, in re-reading my original post, I don't see where I made any comparison of past two years of recruiting classes - only the one that just concluded.

Because it's rude to run down your own recruits. Those who saw how he looked playing in that all star game weren't on this forum pumping sunshine about how awesome he was going to be. But when people want to jump off bridges because he flipped on LOI day (coming from a Penn State family), it's fair to provide a little context. Troll.
You keep believing that...

3WMtXwc.gif
are you really this immature? How old are you? Put an adult on the computer please...

Think he'd admit that Penn State's class was "much better" than Pitt's?

I'm also tired of constantly hearing the Pitt fans on here compare how we are doing to MSU, Michigan, and OSU. How does Pitt compare to Clemson and Florida State? Are they recruiting on par with those schools? Hell no. They aren't even in the same hemisphere as those programs. Worry about your own conference.
I'm not a Pitt fan...so where you got that notion, who knows....

Great response. Ban hammer is coming soon for you.
Wow, that would really hurt...I'll have to break that news to my wife - that my alma mater banned me from a sports forum because I stated the obvious and caused a firestorm with truth....

The difference at UM is they now have Harbaugh - so, with that in mind, do you think their recruiting class in 2017 reverts to pre-2016 rankings or continues rank in the top 5-10 overall? I tend to believe it will be the latter. Also, in re-reading my original post, I don't see where I made any comparison of past two years of recruiting classes - only the one that just concluded.

Recruiting is fluid and PSU is finally starting to stock up on talent. Quit trying to be that wet napkin guy. It's a GD stupid unoriginal act.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Recruiting is fluid and PSU is finally starting to stock up on talent. Quit trying to be that wet napkin guy. It's a GD stupid unoriginal act.
"wet napkin guy" - uh, okay - you don't know me from Adam, but you conclude that I am somehow acting? Really....that is interesting...have you become that cynical?

"wet napkin guy" - uh, okay - you don't know me from Adam, but you conclude that I am somehow acting? Really....that is interesting...have you become that cynical?
WWJD? I don't know.

But, I have pretty good idea of what he THINKS ofyou:
th

I agree...if I was the head coach or whoever makes the final decisions on bowl games, I wouldn't have accepted the bowl this year - it could have been used as a motivational tool and experience. The team did nothing this year to deserve it and its performance in that game showed why. Yes, they made a little comeback at the end to make it respectable, but the game was not that close and the talent difference was noticeable. Our standards have gotten low - very low.

Just silly. First of all, I don't believe the head coach or anyone at PSU has the ability to turn down the bowl game. And second, how would it have benefitted the program to say no to 15 extra practices? That's essentially an extra spring practice. With how young we are, those practices were invaluable to the growth and development of younger players. And if the talent difference was noticeable, then the fact that PSU had the ball and was driving with a chance to tie the game at the end means that our coaching was pretty good to keep us in the game. So that sounds like a good thing to me because the talent is definitely improving and getting older.

Reactions: Option Bob
True, the loss of Pryts was inconsequential. He did have a nice offer list but I just don't know how all the hype came about with him a year ago. That last minute decision day flip in total bs and he could have made a it months before since he knew he was not coming here. The Ship could have been given to another quality player in the area of real need, e,g, LB.

No sour grapes at all since we did not loose much with him flipping at the last moment. We have plenty of DB's on the roster that can play safety. But, it did lower our overall final ranking, but who gives a shit.......

Haha, ok, if our game was "not that close", what would you call Pitt's destruction by Navy?

Total Yards
Navy 590
Pitt 335

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fci-prod%2F2015%2F12%2F28%2F20151228231132_bowl_military_navy_2_jpg

Total Yards
Georgia 327
PSU 401

MSU's classes are never ranked high. And yet...they just win. The Michigan/OSU game this year was anti-climactic because they'd both already lost to MSU, with their inferior rated recruiting classes.

They won this year because they outmanned nearly everyone they played up front: The second they faced a team with equal talent up front on both sides of the line of scrimmage, they were manhandled because they lack skill position talent, outside of Burbridge, who I think finally graduates this year, at least I hope so lol.

The bad news is that we lost four coaches, and four straight games, and it cost us most likely 5 or 6 recruits.

The good news is that we finally have a punter, and we have four more talented offensive linemen for 2018, and we have Miles Sanders

Allow me to repeat that: WE HAVE MILES SANDERS, AND HE IS OURS.

It bears repeating: WE FINALLY HAVE A PUNTER.

We lost no less than 4 games in the past two seasons because we didn't have a punter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT