ADVERTISEMENT

temple game refs

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Maybe I shouldn't be bringing this up...bot what conference gets to ref tomorrows game? Im gonna shit if I see Witvoet or Oneil....

You may want to get your Depends on, as I believe I read (might have been on this message board) the visiting teams' conference hires the officials.
I tried looking it up, but cannot confirm this.

OL

Maybe I shouldn't be bringing this up...bot what conference gets to ref tomorrows game? Im gonna shit if I see Witvoet or Oneil....

In all honesty, the AAC refs we had last year - for both AAC opponents, UCF and Temple - were HORRIBLE. We had the same referee (LaPenta - sp) for both of those games - my guess is it is their version of their A Team.

Absolutely HORRIBLE.

The only B1G ref I would hate to see more, would be ONeil (that guy is not only horrible, he is a flat-out cheat).
ONeil should be brought up on charges.

Other than ONeil, I'd rather roll my dice with a B1G crew rather than that AAC A Team.

Lemonnier is gone now - right? And Witvoet - pompous prick that he is - actually tends to "help" ALL the B1G teams in OOC games - even us! (just not as much as he "helps" the B1G "leaders")

BJF...CORRECT....Witvoet screw Terry Bowden big time at Michigan a coupla years back? Just don't let him walk into Beaver Stadium when we are playing a Big 10 opponent and I am a happy guy....

BJF...CORRECT....Witvoet screw Terry Bowden big time at Michigan a coupla years back? Just don't let him walk into Beaver Stadium when we are playing a Big 10 opponent and I am a happy guy....
FWIW :

Assuming both Wisky-Bama and OSU-VT are B1G crews....that's where we will see Witvoet and ONeil...I expect. If one of those games is NOT a B1G crew, I expect Witvoet to show up out in Utah, or possibly at Minny-TCU.

Not sure if the league would have the same crew work BOTH a Thursday or Monday game, AND also work a Saturday game. My guess is they wouldn't.

PSU will likely get Capron, Geerlings, or one of the more "inert" B1G crews.

IIRC correctly, the only time PSU got ONeil last year was against OSU.......and we know how that worked out with that scumbag.

I think we had Witvoet for Michigan....again, we know how that turned out (bad, but not NEARLY as corrupted as that crook ONeil).....and for the Rutgers game (where - if anything - things were either fair, or a bit in our favor - which is par for the course for Witvoet, since Rutgers is even more of a Johnny-come-lately than we are ..in Witvoet's eyes)

Is Witovet still active or did he retire after last season? Please tell me he's done.

Is Dick Honig still officiating? I remember him being the replay official and screwing over us big-time. He was as bad as O'Neill.

I thought Lemonnier retired....but Witvoet is coming back for 2015. But I couldn't swear to it.
Well then get ready for him at either Ohio St or Michigan. The fact that they let him ref our games vs. Michigan given the terrible calls in prior years is just mind numbing. Another reason I can't stand Big10

Well then get ready for him at either Ohio St or Michigan. The fact that they let him ref our games vs. Michigan given the terrible calls in prior years is just mind numbing. Another reason I can't stand Big10
I'd take Witvoet 10X over ONeil. He's the truly snarky cocksucker of that group.

Reactions: JBott
Witvoet was in first class sitting next to Hardball on the flight to Salt Lake City yesterday. They were talking about how hard Hardball's balls can get and Hardball says to Witvoet, "Do you want to scratch them!" and of course Witvoet smiles and does some scratching which put a smile on Hardball's face. You will see the same smile tonight on Hardball's face when Witvoet runs out on to the field with a bag of hard footballs for the game. I was unable to get confirmation Witvoet is referring tonight's game, just that he was on the plane to deliver the hard footballs.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

You may want to get your Depends on, as I believe I read (might have been on this message board) the visiting teams' conference hires the officials.
I tried looking it up, but cannot confirm this.

OL

Actually, it's by mutual agreement by the parties.... Traditionally, each team agrees to allow the visiting team to bring their crew on a home-@-home "Inter-Conference" series, but it doesn't have to be that way - for instance, scUM and Utah appear to have agreed to use crews without affiliation to either conference for their series. But given the fact that Temple brought an AAC Crew last year when visiting PSU, it would suggest that PSU hires the crew this year.

I think Penn State is going to have an excellent squad this year and will make some noise. There's a lot of be excited about for PSU fans. But I do have a serious question:

Do you guys actually ever discuss football? Or do you just discuss refs and officiating?

1yiqV4H.png

I originally came here because I found it a good way to keep up with the scandal (I never bought into the narrative, and it's hard to find honest info on the CSS stuff, and this is honestly the best place to keep up with it). But I also enjoy talking football and I figured I'd get to occasionally engage in some grid-iron talk here, maybe make some new friends to tailgate with next time I roll up to SC in the RV, but there doesn't appear to be any real football talk here.

I think Penn State is going to have an excellent squad this year and will make some noise. There's a lot of be excited about for PSU fans. But I do have a serious question:

Do you guys actually ever discuss football? Or do you just discuss refs and officiating?

1yiqV4H.png

I originally came here because I found it a good way to keep up with the scandal (I never bought into the narrative, and it's hard to find honest info on the CSS stuff, and this is honestly the best place to keep up with it). But I also enjoy talking football and I figured I'd get to occasionally engage in some grid-iron talk here, maybe make some new friends to tailgate with next time I roll up to SC in the RV, but there doesn't appear to be any real football talk here.

Sometimes we also discuss:

"Why do fans of certain NFL D League teams always come over to express their concerns regarding the topics discussed on the message board for fans of a college football team?"

1yiqV4H.png

Just so I'm clear, we shouldn't wonder from which conference the refs come in the tomorrow's game. There's a thread about where to park - is that off limits too? Please let us know if thre is anything else that we should not discuss.
If there are football topics that you would like to discuss, just bring them up. What do you want to know? We'll discuss whatever you'd like.

Sometimes we also discuss:

"Why do fans of certain NFL D League teams always come over to express their concerns regarding the topics discussed on the message board for fans of a college football team?"

Oh, I'm not "concerned" at all about the subject of your discussions. I was just curious really.

As for the game tomorrow, PSU rolls and it won't be close. Much has been made about Temple's defense, and they'll do just fine against AAC teams, but PSU is not going to have trouble scoring, and Temple will be lucky to get any more than 13 points against Shoop and Company.... I'll take PSU 31-10.

1yiqV4H.png

This post is hilarious, when you go over to the "New Hinnygate" site now called "TBDBoardITL" ( wtf ), there is nothing. No posting by anyone for weeks on end. I have a post in the top five or six that hasn't moved in two weeks. So yeah, you are over here. We talk football but Penn State is way more then football.

Sorry that disappoints you ( not really ).

Oh, I'm not "concerned" at all about the subject of your discussions. I was just curious really.

As for the game tomorrow, PSU rolls and it won't be close. Much has been made about Temple's defense, and they'll do just fine against AAC teams, but PSU is not going to have trouble scoring, and Temple will be lucky to get any more than 13 points against Shoop and Company.... I'll take PSU 31-10.

That's all well and good for tomorrow’s game, but we are looking for more like rolling up the field in Columbus this year. If you are going back to the playoffs you'll have to beat us to do it.

Funny thing is, when you retire from being an official on the field (aka you can't cut it anymore) they put you in the replay booth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT