ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32

Agreed it’s not fair at all but the good programs look at it as good competition. As far as public schools ever being able to compete with prep schools, not a chance. Cornell Robinson is a better recruiter than he is coach, Green was the same.

Regardless...I'm always going to be team PA but due to the nature of the game these days as you just expounded upon, it has become more difficult to truly assess the strength by state. That's all I'm saying.
This. When people use guys like Bouzakis, Manville, Herring, Jax, etc. as proof of PA's dominance I throw up in my mouth just a little. They are great kids and great wrestlers, but moved to PA because they were already special talents and not the other way around.

We still at the top, especially when you consider depth of talent, but had some of these guys stayed home it would be a lot closer of a call when looking at just the very best kids.

Reactions: FatWoodchuck
Sasso, Labriola, and Hidlay among other national finalists left PA. Granted, varying reasons for each of them ... but it does happen, and not infrequently.
Absolutely...just not frequent enough for my taste. PA is the top wrestling state and how many PA guys did Iowa get in our latest class? And what makes it even a bit worse in my opinion is that all of our top guys are Iowa guys. And I know they're hammers, but we need to do a better job of recruiting nationally to get the best of the best...and we need to do it consistently. We can't have a great recruiting year every 3 or 4 years; we'll never get there at that rate.

Sasso, Labriola, and Hidlay among other national finalists left PA. Granted, varying reasons for each of them ... but it does happen, and not infrequently.
Keep an eye on Arrington from nc State.

Remember this post!

Alittle more D and he's there! Mark my words!

Or I'm just bias idk.

Reactions: BrockBronson

Remember this post!

Or I'm just bias idk.
Arrington last year went 11-9 vs NCAA Qualifiers -- but his best win was against the 17 seed (Kinner). 0-9 vs. the top 16 seeds.

He's a guy who could make the podium (great draw would help), but not a finalist threat this year and probably not at all without considerable improvement. Van Ness, Henson, and Lamer are all clearly ahead of him and in the same class.

Reactions: Split shot

Remember this post!

Or I'm just bias idk.
He is very solid. I always liked his style in HS. Wrestled hard. I remember years ago at Top Hat or king of the Mt. Solomon from Wpial crushed him. Then a few years later Arrington beats him out in college and packs his bags back to Pitt.
Always Cheering for PA guys, especially AA

Reactions: FatWoodchuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT