ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired by crybaby Manning

Got to troll two coaches in one post. I saw an opportunity so I took it.. lol

Nick’s comments after he left (can’t remember if he was still at Rutger or off at Michigan) seemed open for interpretation, with one possibility being that he left because he felt he was being pushed by PSU to wrestle on a broken ankle. Wasn’t that also a part of his transfer waiver request, that he was at odds with the medical decisions (although I always thought that had more to do with a surgery vs no surgery recommendation)? I find it hard to believe that Cael would put him at risk, but certainly possible Cael thought he could be effective and score points at less than 100% while Nick was less so convinced.
It’s always a fine line. Frank Molinaro thought he was done and Cael gave him some tough love and Frank when out and won.

Nolf wanted to finish the match when he got hurt … “I’ll just ride him out”.. and Cael said no. Someone decided he wouldn’t go at BIGs, and Jason won Nats with a bullet,

Someone this weekend for another team tried to keep going and the corner stopped it after 10 seconds of limping around the mat. Michigan and/or Shane had to make the tough decision to pull
Shane.

Labeling any of it gamesmanship when it is clearly 100% within the rules, not some gray area loophole, is sour grapes. Let alone doing it without knowing what you are talking about.

Fact is, PSU holding Carter out did not hurt anyone else in the BIG field. No one.

If there were no wild card entries? Fine. If that’s the rule Carter goes and we will never know if he wins his Qtrs and gets through… but there aren’t many who would bet against him the way he looked walking to the mat. And the 1-6 Nebraska guy doesn’t get in. Carter absolutely can’t wrestle? BClaw goes and probably takes an allocated spot.

Fact is, PSU holding Carter out did not hurt anyone else in the BIG field. No one.
Not just "did not hurt anyone", it was an unambiguous benefit for guys like Wilson. Having Starocci in the draw created an AQ allocation for someone else that Starocci himself wouldn't be using by defaulting out. So Manning is crying about Wilson not making the top 8 to get an AQ when only 7 of the wrestlers who qualified for AQ allocations were competing for them. He had a clear structural advantage at the start and still failed to qualify. Attempting to blame that on Starocci is ridiculous.

Hmm, here’s a vid of Manning I took outside Rec this year:
Sad Baby GIF
Go Big Red!!

-So, per several witnesses Cael wasnt the one who held Nick out.
-Per Cael himself, HE is the one who held Carter out.
-Was Carters injury that much more serious then Nicks,if at all??
-Remind me why Nick left PS, cuz none of this fits what I've always read.
the thing with Nick leaving was a combination of things IMO..
I think some of his scholarship was tied to results.
I think his dad was a major contributor to the split, I think Nick on his own would have finished his career there..
I'm sure there are different versions depending on opinions or someone who knows this factually but this is some of what I believe.

Not just "did not hurt anyone", it was an unambiguous benefit for guys like Wilson. Having Starocci in the draw created an AQ allocation for someone else that Starocci himself wouldn't be using by defaulting out. So Manning is crying about Wilson not making the top 8 to get an AQ when only 7 of the wrestlers who qualified for AQ allocations were competing for them. He had a clear structural advantage at the start and still failed to qualify. Attempting to blame that on Starocci is ridiculous.
Statistics and logic classes must not be part of the phys ed curriculum.

The beneficiary was Brody Baumann, who finished 8th and got the last qualifying spot. If Cael had not entered CS, Baumann would have been on the bubble, and there would have been no need to wrestle for 9th.

If Cael had entered Bearclaw instead, he probably would have claimed one of the 7 spots, leaving only 6 for the rest to fight over.

Advice for Manning: it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people suspect you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

I’m pretty confident Cael’s World Domination Plan doesn’t include low level of detail like ‘try and screw Nebbie by keeping their 174 pounder from getting the 33 seed’, lol

I am hoping Cael is getting a good chuckle or a wry smile reading how pathetic his competitors are 😁

Bubba Wilson, Nebraska’s 174, didn’t get an at-large. That’s what this is all about.

He finished 9th at B1G’s, qualifying for at-large consideration on the basis of being one spot from AQ. But wasn’t selected.

Here’s where it gets ironic. Take Carter out of B1G’s completely, like Manning is crying about, and B1G has only 7 AQ’s at 174. His guy, who didn’t finish top 8, doesn’t qualify for at-large consideration.

Dude was only even in consideration for an at-large because Carter got an AQ and defaulted out.
There’s a possibility I’m wrong about this.

He didn’t have a .700 win pct. Wrestlestat has his RPI just out of top 33. His coaches’ before conferences was 31. I think he had an AQ win. He might have just squeaked into at-large consideration without needing 9th at B1G’s. Sorry all.

I’ve tried to verify but it’s impossible to find all the information. Where’s the coaches ranking? Where’s official RPI? Where’s the official list of wrestlers earning an allocation? Why make it so hard to find?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
There’s a possibility I’m wrong about this.

He didn’t have a .700 win pct. Wrestlestat has his RPI just out of top 33. His coaches’ before conferences was 31. I think he had an AQ win. He might have just squeaked into at-large consideration without needing 9th at B1G’s. Sorry all.

I’ve tried to verify but it’s impossible to find all the information. Where’s the coaches ranking? Where’s official RPI? Where’s the official list of wrestlers earning an allocation? Why make it so hard to find?
I just posted final coaches rank and RPI on a different thread if that would help

I just posted final coaches rank and RPI on a different thread if that would help
Thx. He had a top 33 RPI after all. So the question then is did he have a dub over a wrestler that earned a conference allocation. If he did, then he didn’t need 9th.

He had beaten Tyler Eichens, Jared Simma and Cael Valencia, so probably.

Nick essentially said he didn't want to get surgery on his foot but PSU staff pushed for it. Keep in mind this is Nick's side of the story and he had to match what he said in the NCAA waiver (back before the portal) and he obviously wasn't going to make the staff look good. Ask the PSU side (we get bits of it yesterday) and they said "in the room wrestling" is 100% what was happening, it just wasn't going how Nick wanted it.

My take is the team doctors basically said "If you don't want surgery, that's up to you but there is no chance you can wrestle by NCAAs then, your ankle is extremely unstable at this point. With it, you can make it back by NCAAs."

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Not sure how this will copy from Twitter. Thankfully Cutch basically shot him down

I always admit when I’ve been drinking.

Manning, btw, fails to mention at 125 and this past weekend at 174, one big ten wrestler claimed an automatic bid and did not have to cross fingers for an at large.

Funny that….

Bubba Wilson, Nebraska’s 174, didn’t get an at-large. That’s what this is all about.

He finished 9th at B1G’s, qualifying for at-large consideration on the basis of being one spot from AQ. But wasn’t selected.

Here’s where it gets ironic. Take Carter out of B1G’s completely, like Manning is crying about, and B1G has only 7 AQ’s at 174. His guy, who didn’t finish top 8, doesn’t qualify for at-large consideration.

Dude was only even in consideration for an at-large because Carter got an AQ and defaulted out.
Yes, Manning is lost on the topic. The AQ spot was set and didn’t change whether Carter wrestled or not. Presuming the wrestling held WITH Carter wrestling, Bubba finishes 10th, not 9th and still 2 places away from consideration. It’s a ridiculous argument.

The only one that has value is: if Carter or Suriano is/was 100% not wrestling at NCAA then he should withdraw so another at large could be awarded. under this scenario he should be GRILLING Stanford to make sure Griffith is wrestling.

Further, if Carter isn’t wrestljng then Cael 100% would have sent Barraclough….who incidentally would have finished above Bubba.

He did not think this thru. Then again, based on video evidence I have on my phone, it 100% WAS Manning that wanted the Illegal Fist to the Back call….that he didn’t get.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenanimal
It’s always a fine line. Frank Molinaro thought he was done and Cael gave him some tough love and Frank when out and won.

Nolf wanted to finish the match when he got hurt … “I’ll just ride him out”.. and Cael said no. Someone decided he wouldn’t go at BIGs, and Jason won Nats with a bullet,

Someone this weekend for another team tried to keep going and the corner stopped it after 10 seconds of limping around the mat. Michigan and/or Shane had to make the tough decision to pull
Shane.

Labeling any of it gamesmanship when it is clearly 100% within the rules, not some gray area loophole, is sour grapes. Let alone doing it without knowing what you are talking about.

If there were no wild card entries? Fine. If that’s the rule Carter goes and we will never know if he wins his Qtrs and gets through… but there aren’t many who would bet against him the way he looked walking to the mat. And the 1-6 Nebraska guy doesn’t get in. Carter absolutely can’t wrestle? BClaw goes and probably takes an allocated spot.
On the contrarr….to add to your main point. It did not hurt anyone. It 100% guaranteed a spot for someone who would have been subjected to at large selection.

Reactions: jack66
lotta crying in here, today, boys!

and not a lot of reality.

Posting his complaints on social media is not fighting for his kids. Does he expect the Twitter mob to rise up and get Bubba in?

Of course not. This is an attempted smear job. He can go through the proper channels if he wants to fight for his wrestlers or change the process/rules.

Last edited:
I'm sure they love him supporting Wilson, as they should.

But he wasn't fighting for Wilson to get an at-large. That ship had already sailed.
Yes, but you see, like Carter before him, Manning sobered up and realized it’s a bad look. So now it’s “fighting for my kid” because who can blame someone for fighting for his kids?

lotta crying in here, today, boys!

and not a lot of reality.
I'm typically a defender of yours here, but the factual eyewitness accounts of McCutcheon, Hall, and Nickal directly refuting Mark (Crybaby) Manning should be enough for anyone, besides, did you ever watch this tool in the corner? Crybaby is gross understatement!!

The one thing I can't unsee from Manning is when DT and JB were wrestling at 74 kg, about 8 years ago. DT hit a cradle and took a lead going into the 2nd. JB hit a couple of his patented blast doubles and won the match, pretty close to the end. Manning was jumping around like a chimpanzee pointing his finger at Cael and Casey. Very low class move even when you're passionate about your wrestler. This is rinse repeat!

The one thing I can't unsee from Manning is when DT and JB were wrestling at 74 kg, about 8 years ago. DT hit a cradle and took a lead going into the 2nd. JB hit a couple of his patented blast doubles and won the match, pretty close to the end. Manning was jumping around like a chimpanzee pointing his finger at Cael and Casey. Very low class move even when you're passionate about your wrestler. This is rinse repeat!
“Just fighting for his kid.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT