ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Jerry Springer

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
actually, I have little good to say about JS. He is an exploiter. Perhaps his plan was to show how ridiculous some people are in the hopes of avoiding such life calamity. I am not sure I could do a job for personal gain at the expense of others. At some point, goal alignment is key to feeling like you are making some kind of contribution to the world.

In any case, I hope he rests in peace.

There were no false pretenses on that show. Those people were compensated to make asses out of themselves and they knew that going in.

Some people just don’t care. How can I be mad at jerry for that?

RIP Jerry. Good memories of my dad and I watching that show and laughing our butts off.

At least he kept the conservative white trash out of the bars for an hour every day, so there's that.
Xsut.gif

Anger? My post was funny, unless it hit close to home. I don't see you as white trash, and I doubt you ever watched Springer.
If out of context posts and unbridled anger is your thing, I guess it is funny

I feel like I shouldn't even need to say this but that show, like much of reality TV, was fake. I went to high school with a girl who went on that show in some context against fighting her mom - there were no issues irl. And when I was at dear old state my roommate one year was majoring in something relating to film and so I got to hang out with the artsy folks on occasion. Similar story where 2 of them called in and said they fit the profile of whatever they were looking for and got flown out to be on the show. They used the appearance in their portfolio or whatever when looking for acting gigs.

The only people being taken advantage of were those that watched the show and believed any part of it.

actually, I have little good to say about JS. He is an exploiter. Perhaps his plan was to show how ridiculous some people are in the hopes of avoiding such life calamity. I am not sure I could do a job for personal gain at the expense of others. At some point, goal alignment is key to feeling like you are making some kind of contribution to the world.

In any case, I hope he rests in peace.

At least he kept the conservative white trash out of the bars for an hour every day, so there's that.

Bars have tv you big dummy.

It was TV trash at its worst. There is always some disgusting niche people are happy to make a buck from. I hated the show and wanted to hurl whenever I happened upon it. Maybe it was like professional wrestling as some have alluded to. Whatever, ol' Jer won't be much lamented.

I remember I had jury duty many years ago before cell phones and laptops. Had to sit in the big waiting room with all the potential jurors. they had a TV in the front with the local station on and Jerry Springer is on. I sat there for like 15 minute having to basically watch and listen (as what else was there to do) to the point I literally couldn't take it and went up to the lady at the front desk and asked if there was any other place to wait or did we have to sit in this room. She said we were allowed to sit on the bench right outside the room but could not go any farther than that. So I went out and sat on the bench as at least I didn't have to hear the TV.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT