ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball REPORT: ND in talks with Shrewsberry

Something similar to Urban Meyer's situation at OSU. I have no inside info, but that's the story I've heard. Could be completely false for all I know.
No affair!!! Bruce and his wife are friends of ours. It was entirely his decision to leave and it was for the reasons I mentioned above. I hate how innuendos are made from people that don't know the facts.

No affair!!! Bruce and his wife are friends of ours. It was entirely his decision to leave and it was for the reasons I mentioned above. I hate how innuendos are made from people that don't know the facts.
I said that's what I heard. I also said I had no idea if it was true.

Thats fair but the point was if he didn't that shouldn't be an issue with him as a coach.
It wasn’t an issue. His decision was entirely his own. He just decided that he had enough, etc. For those of us that know Bruce, it was not surprising. I think our program would have been much more successful had he delayed his retirement for 5-10 years.

It wasn’t an issue. His decision was entirely his own. He just decided that he had enough, etc. For those of us that know Bruce, it was not surprising. I think our program would have been much more successful had he delayed his retirement for 5-10 years.
I'm not arguing that. I'm saying who cares if it was true.
I like Bruce. I thought he was a very good coach. I don't think he had an affair or anything else but I also don't care if he did because it doesn't matter to anyone other than his wife and family.

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying who cares if it was true.
I like Bruce. I thought he was a very good coach. I don't think he had an affair or anything else but I also don't care if he did because it doesn't matter to anyone other than his wife and family.
He was the best PSU basketball coach between 1985 and this year. He was a winner. But The timing of when he left was terrible for the program, whether it was forced or by choice is irrelevant

Reactions: OzLion
You are correct with what you heard. You would have to know how intense Bruce is to understand why he hung it up as coach. He did a great job of making our team competitive. When he initially took over our team it was truly pitiful. It took some years but he brought us back to more than respectable, Its a shame he didn't stick at least one more year as I believe the team would have exceeded what it accomplished under Dunn. That team was entirely made up of Bruce's players. I ultimately believe that he was never able to get over the 1993 Indiana game which was one of the biggest travesties in PSU basketball history. I know he still speaks of it to this day.
Indiana yet another sign of crookedness of Big10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT